Deal going down....VERY SOON

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
:grabs: Im guessing nothing with Amare will take place until after the All Star Game at least... which gives me hope that this has to do with Porter!

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
i know DB is a good source, what about SDU from the realgm board. He is very very very confident that porter is gone !!

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
SDU posted :

"ive heard that the decision has been made and its negotiating a payout at the moment - thats from my source "

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
SDU is one of the crew from Australia that came and hung out for a bunch of games and met a lot of Suns players and FO people.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Anyone has to be confident Porter is gone. Porter makes a strong case for being the worst Suns coach ever.
Sarver makes a case for the worst owner of the Suns ever and Kerr for the worst GM.

It's funny that despite all those circumstances we are talking about trading our most valueable part for trash because he is having a relatively poor season compared to what is expected from him, although he is still an allstar starter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know if Porter is bought out it will cost the Suns somewhere else. The Suns will probably be looking to save money in a trade to do it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If this is true and Gentry is made coach, will he prefer to keep Amare instead of shipping him out? How would that affect the philosophy of the team?

stuntburn

Reaction score
ok, so porters basically been fired?

can this team become a championship contender?

hmmm, if porter is fired

maybe the next one, could make the shaq amare thing work....

maybe we dont need to trade at all??

or do we?

im so confused

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this is true and Gentry is made coach, will he prefer to keep Amare instead of shipping him out? How would that affect the philosophy of the team?
Good question. I wonder if the trade focus would be shifted more towards moving Shaq instead of Amare if Gentry were to be dropped into the HC seat.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question. I wonder if the trade focus would be shifted more towards moving Shaq instead of Amare if Gentry were to be dropped into the HC seat.

And do what? Move Amare back to Center and go back to being one of the worst in the paint defenses in the NBA???? I don't see the logic in that.

If anything, maybe he goes back to Amare being the focal point in the offense and only going to Shaq when Amare is on the bench???

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score

Chap i think Gentry will definitely want to keep Amare.I think he has a much better feel for the players on this team.(at least Shaq,Amare and Steve)
We will prob play a little more like we did last year after we got shaq

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And do what? Move Amare back to Center and go back to being one of the worst in the paint defenses in the NBA???? I don't see the logic in that.

If anything, maybe he goes back to Amare being the focal point in the offense and only going to Shaq when Amare is on the bench???
Neither do i Steel, but IMO the SUNS may be discovering that Amare's trade value isn't what they thought it would be. Gentry is the lone holdover from DA's staff soooo.......if he were to take the coaching reigns i think it makes sense for him to attempt to abandon the gotoShaq philosophy. I don't agree with it but i'm just elaborating on Chap's point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think a lot of this is out of the Suns hands. Does Amare even want to stay here and why doesn't he play up to his capabilities? I think the Suns already know the answer and I feel this is a big part of the reason he is being shopped.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People are forgetting...

Kerr has stated that they are trading Stoudemire due to financial situations.

Firing Porter is a good step to rebuild, because he is/was a mediocre coach for this team (Nash's).

The Suns under Phil Jackson or Popovic are still severely hamperred to do any damage against the top teams. Spurs still OWN the Suns somehow, Lakers also. Not to mention Hornets... Suns with D'Antoni and Stoudemire averaging 30ppg last season couldnt be enough to beat those teams.

Suns are firing Porter..
Trading Stoudemire + Dudley for younger players, expirings + picks...

Suns hopefully make playoffs, but championship is slim to none... new coach half way through the season? and still have enough chemistry/system?

Gentry maybe... can go back to D'Antoni's style.. but still not good enough.. ATLEAST the Suns become entertaining again.. and win regular season games.. but playoffs.... slim to none.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
I think he's a mod and has over 20k posts there, so I doubt he is planning to ruin his rep for a silly lie.

Yea, those are some really ballsy claims. He even have is own thread saying Porters Fired.I too feel that he has no reason to lie.

looks believable!!

But db said they can't fire porter yet because he's doing some publicity stuff with the NBA guys. Lol that would be funny if he gets the axe in the middle of an interview or something.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=880666&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Porter has to go and so does Stat imo, his play as a whole lately makes it clear he doesn't want to be here as well as his comments about I am not a captain its not my job to get the team ready to play!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porter has to go and so does Stat imo, his play as a whole lately makes it clear he doesn't want to be here as well as his comments about I am not a captain its not my job to get the team ready to play!

This is my opinion as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
People are forgetting...

Kerr has stated that they are trading Stoudemire due to financial situations.

Firing Porter is a good step to rebuild, because he is/was a mediocre coach for this team (Nash's).

The Suns under Phil Jackson or Popovic are still severely hamperred to do any damage against the top teams. Spurs still OWN the Suns somehow, Lakers also. Not to mention Hornets... Suns with D'Antoni and Stoudemire averaging 30ppg last season couldnt be enough to beat those teams.

Suns are firing Porter..
Trading Stoudemire + Dudley for younger players, expirings + picks...

Suns hopefully make playoffs, but championship is slim to none... new coach half way through the season? and still have enough chemistry/system?

Gentry maybe... can go back to D'Antoni's style.. but still not good enough.. ATLEAST the Suns become entertaining again.. and win regular season games.. but playoffs.... slim to none.

Not true. Kerr hasn't said anything about trading Amare.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not true. Kerr hasn't said anything about trading Amare.

Replace Stoudemire with O'Neal... same applies.

But the chances of moving Stoudemire is about 10 times more likely than O'Neal.

The Cavs rumoured offer looks too good to be true... JJ Hickson coming back here?
And how will O'Neal play along with Z?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the mix is not right, it is my responsibility.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05