Deal going down....VERY SOON

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are very good offensively. Obviously, our problem is on defense.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Kerr really didn't say anything but moves were gonna be going down.

Sarver on KTAR now says he's made mistakes....the one that he regrets was Joe Johnson. Also mentioning the Q deal as well, especially with the light of Joe Johnson debacle.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I love how all these rumors are gaining so much interest....its all rumors RIGHT NOW.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Gambo is pushing HIS idea of a good trade....Biedrins, Turriaf, Randolph for Amare to Sarver. Says the SUNS FANS THINK THAT IS A GREAT DEAL. WTF Gambo, most Suns fans don't want that deal. Quit smoking pole!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We are very good offensively. Obviously, our problem is on defense.

I disagree. The biggest single problem is turnovers. The Suns' defense looks worse than it is because of all of the extra possessions and transition baskets they give up. Their half-court defense is actually pretty respectable.

Reaction score
I just heard Sarver on KTAR saying how Phoenix is a small market, we can't afford to be paying luxury tax, blah, blah, blah. Of course neither Turd or Ash called him on the small market comment (Phoenix is actually 13th in the U.S) or brought up how Suns revenue has been among the highest in the league the last several years. Not surprising, I guess.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even if this team found a way to clean up the turnover mess it wouldn't solve their defensive breakdowns and mental lapses. If you're giving the other team more possesions by turning it over you've still got the opportunity to get stops on the defensive end.....albeit transition defense.... as a result.
If you can force turnovers and get stops your turnovers are negated.
See Boston.
Our defense is not forcing TO's, nor are they getting stops.
It starts with fixing the "D" folks. Bringing in defensive players instead of guys that want the ball is key. It's not sexy but we've had sexy before, now we've got just plain fugly.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just heard Sarver on KTAR saying how Phoenix is a small market, we can't afford to be paying luxury tax, blah, blah, blah. Of course neither Turd or Ash called him on the small market comment (Phoenix is actually 13th in the U.S) or brought up how Suns revenue has been among the highest in the league the last several years. Not surprising, I guess.

I know it doesn't help, but we ARE a small market basketball city. Not as small as Oklahoma City, but certainly still small in comparison to the larger markets (Chicago, NY, LA).

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
This is actually a redundant statement he makes every year. As long as he doesnt own NY or LA teams, he can pull this card out whenever he wants to. Like a pompous ass would.

Its insulting to the fans who sell out the arena year after year and are paying some of the highest ticket prices in the country.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is actually a redundant statement he makes every year. As long as he doesnt own NY or LA teams, he can pull this card out whenever he wants to. Like a pompous ass would.

Its insulting to the fans who sell out the arena year after year and are paying some of the highest ticket prices in the country.

Come on, being a small market has nothing to do with the arena and the amount of sell-outs. It's all about TV ratings and especially QUALITY of advertisers. The RoomStore isn't exactly a huge ad revenue driver.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I disagree. The biggest single problem is turnovers. The Suns' defense looks worse than it is because of all of the extra possessions and transition baskets they give up. Their half-court defense is actually pretty respectable.

Exactly!
And the reason they commit too many tos is due to bad game and rotation plan, if there were any. With Shaq in there, Nash just doesn't have enough space to do his stuff, yet we could not convince him to play more like Stockton to move without the ball. Also, even without turnover, we sometimes were trying SSOL at the wrong timing that left Shaq running back and forth without being effective at either end. That's a lot of counterproductive, incoherent traits on our offense that let to a lot of transition baskets for the opponents.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
obviously wouldn't be with Miami or Chicago as all the rumored players are playing right now. That is of course if it is in fact the rumored Amare trade...

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Come on, being a small market has nothing to do with the arena and the amount of sell-outs. It's all about TV ratings and especially QUALITY of advertisers. The RoomStore isn't exactly a huge ad revenue driver.
Sorry, but living in LA, I see just as many LEEDS Mattress commercials during Laker games as Roomstore in phx. And Leeds doesnt even feature players in the ads! Toyota (#1 car sold in US) is also a huge sponsor of the suns

Wasnt he first Suns/NY game this year one of the highest rated games this season before the laker/celtic showdown?

The argument holds very little water when we are closely competing with the big markets in many areas. You also dont see the other teams pulling the "small market" card year after year. It's an easy cop out, and isn't as genuine as he would want you to believe.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sorry, but living in LA, I see just as many LEEDS Mattress commercials during Laker games as Roomstore in phx. And Leeds doesnt even feature players in the ads! Toyota (#1 car sold in US) is also a huge sponsor of the suns

Wasnt he first Suns/NY game this year one of the highest rated games this season before the laker/celtic showdown?

The argument holds very little water when we are closely competing with the big markets in many areas. You also dont see the other teams pulling the "small market" card year after year. It's an easy cop out, and isn't as genuine as he would want you to believe.
Well, if you think Phoenix is a big market, then you are free to live in your fantasy world. Toyota is a huge sponsor of many teams, not just Phoenix.

Reaction score
I know it doesn't help, but we ARE a small market basketball city. Not as small as Oklahoma City, but certainly still small in comparison to the larger markets (Chicago, NY, LA).

I guess we're just mincing words here. I agree that we are not a BIG market but statistically we are the 15th biggest baskeball market in the NBA which is far from what I would consider a small market.

I'm just tired of Sarver peeing in the wind and telling me it's raining.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess we're just mincing words here. I agree that we are not a BIG market but statistically we are the 15th biggest baskeball market in the NBA which is far from what I would consider a small market.

I'm just tired of Sarver peeing in the wind and telling me it's raining.

I hear ya. Just wondering what you wish he WOULD say. And wondering if any owner in any sport would say what we all wish they would say.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
OK, this thread was started 4 hours ago. Could somebody define soon?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05