Dennis Green

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I don't see how you can't blame the O line problems on him.

I think he may have believed too much of his own hype and all and if there are too many more games like this the team is going to quit on him and he will bail.

That's the objective danger I see now, it was such a cluster he could lose the team if it dosen't fix itself soon.

It went so badly they honestly could chuck it if they stop believing. Now I think they will do better against the Rams but it needs to turn soon or it will sink.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

I think he may have believed too much of his own hype and all and if there are too many more games like this the team is going to quit on him and he will bail.

That's the objective danger I see now, it was such a cluster he could lose the team if it dosen't fix itself soon.

It went so badly they honestly could chuck it if they stop believing. Now I think they will do better against the Rams but it needs to turn soon or it will sink.

True for sure, you can't cut 4 of your 5 inherited starters, field an even worse OL than last year at this point, and escape blame. People can talk injuries all they want but that's precisely the point of people saying do we have enough depth to keep releasing starters?

The OL has to be fixed and am I the only one alarmed that we're counting on Step and Leckey(2 marginal players IMHO) to save us?

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
True for sure, you can't cut 4 of your 5 inherited starters, field an even worse OL than last year at this point, and escape blame. People can talk injuries all they want but that's precisely the point of people saying do we have enough depth to keep releasing starters?

The OL has to be fixed and am I the only one alarmed that we're counting on Step and Leckey(2 marginal players IMHO) to save us?

I can see benching the starters to make a point.

The new Sherrif routine works just as well that way dosen't it? I mean put up with them until you can upgrade them isn't that the objective?

Right now he looks like a fool who thought his genius would be able to make this work and it looks a lot like a horrible non correctable mistake to me, but that's just me.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
No. We are making Step as if he is a bro-bowler. Also, Ross is really overrated.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
az1965 said:
No. We are making Step as if he is a bro-bowler. Also, Ross is really overrated.

Let's review.

Big = good at times but mostly unmotivated for whatever reason, has problem with lapses and has a ways to go to even be in the solid class.

Wells = problem

Step = marginal, ie would be ok if the rest of the line was great but isn't improving anything by himself.

Brown = good potential, still a rookie but it's something to build on.

Ross = overated.

Ladies and gentlemen meat the Oline we like to call dawning horror!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not very surprising that the offense is bad. New OC, new QB, new RB and half the oline being new is never a recipe for success. If we're lucky, the O will be decent the second half of the season.

The more disappointing thing about the game today was the defense and the special teams. They are supposed to keep it close and they didn't. Last year the D was good at holding teams to FGs in the red zone, today all of the Giants TDs were easy. And, the kick coverage was just a fiasco in the second half.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We never lost like this all of last year. Losing is one thing, but losing like today is totally different. They just gave up in the 3rd quarter.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
az1965 said:
We never lost like this all of last year. Losing is one thing, but losing like today is totally different. They just gave up in the 3rd quarter.
This game really reminds me of the Buffalo game from last year...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:

That's a pretty good analogy. We won the next week, so I hope that continues to hold up.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
Except the Buffalo game featured a couple of Pro Bowlers in the interior of the defensive line, and the Giants game featured a couple of players that are lucky that they're not starting for the Amsterdam Admirals.

But aside from that, it's just like the Buffalo game...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Except the Buffalo game featured a couple of Pro Bowlers in the interior of the defensive line, and the Giants game featured a couple of players that are lucky that they're not starting for the Amsterdam Admirals.

He wasn't breaking down the rosters. We got our butts kicked in Buffalo much the same way we did in New York. Bad special teams by us, they ran the ball, we didn't, their struggling QB has a good day, etc. It really isn't necessary for every one one of your posts to be so smart-aleck and snide in tone.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Green put this team together and the is responsible for the game plan. I would say you can place as much blame on him as anyone. As Truman said "The buck stops here". DG is reluctant to ever take responsibility for blame. He seems like a person who will not change and thinks what worked for him in the past will work today. Times change and you need to adapt to the players you have and the new defenses. You clearly need to hire experienced coaching personnel. DG has made some strange coaching choices to say the least.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
He wasn't breaking down the rosters. We got our butts kicked in Buffalo much the same way we did in New York. Bad special teams by us, they ran the ball, we didn't, their struggling QB has a good day, etc. It really isn't necessary for every one one of your posts to be so smart-aleck and snide in tone.

Since the start of the thread regarded offensive line play, please forgive me for thinking that a post on that thread was also about bad offensive line play. The biggest problem of the Bills game was the interior line being destroyed be a couple of Pro Bowlers. The biggest problem of this game was the interior line being destroyed by a couple of nobodies.

The Giants struggling QB put up a rating in the 50s yesterday.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
The Giants struggling QB put up a rating in the 50s yesterday.

Yep. And we allowed that guy to make three easy big plays in passing game. So, he got to trot off the field feeling pretty good about himself.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
It's not very surprising that the offense is bad. New OC, new QB, new RB and half the oline being new is never a recipe for success. If we're lucky, the O will be decent the second half of the season.

The more disappointing thing about the game today was the defense and the special teams. They are supposed to keep it close and they didn't. Last year the D was good at holding teams to FGs in the red zone, today all of the Giants TDs were easy. And, the kick coverage was just a fiasco in the second half.

AJ, I don't think you can say the new OC is an issue since it isn't his "system" that is being used. Sure, he may have some fingerprints on it but Denny Gotti (the Teflon HC) runs his system and the OC is more caretaker than innovator.

New RB is an issue but it certainly doesn't have to be but the guy who, to my eyes, won the job in preseason didn't start. Would it have mattered yesterday. Nope. But to blame a new RB is a stretch. Gotti merely says "we will throw the ball more" instead of making the tough decision to put his ego in check on HIS RB decision.

The OL is really FUBARed right now...and again who put this team in this position? I am not going to bring up the Step/Shelton debate again because I am over it as should everyone else. It is done, nothing more to say about it. But the great Gotti deemed this his OL and this OL, as bad as it is, is being coached by the neophyte coach. Step will come back and help improve things a bit but he won't save this mess...not even close.

Yesterday was a complete disaster.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
AJ, I don't think you can say the new OC is an issue since it isn't his "system" that is being used. Sure, he may have some fingerprints on it but Denny Gotti (the Teflon HC) runs his system and the OC is more caretaker than innovator.

New RB is an issue but it certainly doesn't have to be but the guy who, to my eyes, won the job in preseason didn't start. Would it have mattered yesterday. Nope. But to blame a new RB is a stretch. Gotti merely says "we will throw the ball more" instead of making the tough decision to put his ego in check on HIS RB decision.

The OL is really FUBARed right now...and again who put this team in this position? I am not going to bring up the Step/Shelton debate again because I am over it as should everyone else. It is done, nothing more to say about it. But the great Gotti deemed this his OL and this OL, as bad as it is, is being coached by the neophyte coach. Step will come back and help improve things a bit but he won't save this mess...not even close.

Yesterday was a complete disaster.

First of all, Green is far from the Teflon coach. He's getting knocked on this board, and getting knocked in the papers and on the radio worse than McGinnis ever got from the media.

Second, if you could show me any offense that had THAT much turnover in one year that started off really well, then I'd like to see it.

Third, yesterday was a disaster and the buck stops with Green. No argument there. Bottom line is wins, not your drafts or free agent signings.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Good point Russ.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Good call on this one k9

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
I don't get the O line depth chart. Am I the only one that thinks Hayer should be playing more? He looked pretty good in the preseason compared to Ian "turnstile" Allen. Not to keep bashing Allen, but why is this guy even on the field, let alone the roster? Versatility don't mean much if you can't play!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser