Fire Petzing now

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Browns offense is putrid as well. Yes, Watson is not the same player after a 18 month layoff (I was touting as a QB you can’t take that time off and be the same player… the game moves too fast).. BUT in watching the Browns, the schemes were incredibly similar to what we do but with a lesser QB. Not creative and not playing towards a QBs strength

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Either hope Kyler gets much better in this system or Petzing gets much better feel for the passing game w/Kyler.

Either way if it doesnt improve I don't want both back. Someone has to go. And I never felt that with Kliff (in regards to Kyler).

Get better or end it this offseason. A complete joke of a passing game in contrast to what I saw from Baker and Lamar in the other game.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Either hope Kyler gets much better in this system or Petzing gets much better feel for the passing game w/Kyler.

Either way if it doesnt improve I don't want both back. Someone has to go. And I never felt that with Kliff (in regards to Kyler).

Get better or end it this offseason. A complete joke of a passing game in contrast to what I saw from Baker and Lamar in the other game.
Completely.. but go look at Browns, it’s the same stale mate, 1990’s throwback offense. You simply are NOT going anywhere consistently scoring 17 pts or less a game. That Browns defense last year was one of the best defenses in the NFL over the past decade. Made the playoffs bc of that and a Joe Flacco resurgence. A throwback QB. Kyler is not a throwback QB and this isn’t 2023 Browns defense!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Completely.. but go look at Browns, it’s the same stale mate, 1990’s throwback offense. You simply are NOT going anywhere consistently scoring 17 pts or less a game. That Browns defense last year was one of the best defenses in the NFL over the past decade. Made the playoffs bc of that and a Joe Flacco resurgence. A throwback QB. Kyler is not a throwback QB and this isn’t 2023 Browns defense!
Baker Mayfield playing at a near MVP level is the biggest indictment of wanting to follow the Browns model.

But if this the type of offense MOnti/Petzing want. Then get a big drop back passer who can throw strikes off play action. Someone better than Clayton Tune.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The whole passing game has regressed week on week. Some shake up is needed for sure.

To be honest I don’t blame MHJ looking dejected. Imagine you are picked 4th in the draft and you aren’t considered the go to guy. He is probably dropping balls due to shock in actually seeing the ball

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Some of the play calling is just obsurd

Especially when you have a couple of yards for a first down and don’t use Murray and Connor
this was the biggest problem by far

nice drive, you take a 2nd and 18 and turn it into 3rd and 1 ( a long 1 btw)

i would rather than Kyler and Connor on the field for the 3rd and 1

had a chance to really grab that game and take control of it on that drive and we see that stupididy in play calling

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this offense doesn't improve, JG is going to have to make changes whether he likes it or not. And I mean during the bye week not at the end of the season.
I doubt it because JG didn't just hire who he thought was the best candidate. This person is also a dear friend to him. He's going to give him the benefit of the doubt for this season.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the Cards have a staple in their offense where Kyler either hands the ball to the RB or pulls the ball to exploit a soft edge

there has to be an version where a TE slips into the route on that same side to give Kyler an option to throw

i feel like that play would basically be unstoppable and gain 5 yards whenever you wanted it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan