fitz says whether or not he thinks kurt deserves 15 mil

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
because warner is asking for 14-16 mil and 15 is in the middle. 14-16mil IS TOO MUCH

Compared to what??? 2 year contract..so it isnt over bearing...and that is avg of top 5 QB's...Which he is...and probably will be for 2 more years. I say 13 still...But I see his point. The Cards were in the Super Bowl...and he passed for 377 yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
LOL Gesus..a Warnerphile because I am argueing in a Warner thread. Where has the front office PAID ANYBODY!!!! 52 other players. You have half the team complaining now..and when they do ask...they sign else where!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than Larry Fitz...name one other player where we paid premium??????????? Please!
Boldin
Dansby (Franchise tag x2)
Edge

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
LOL Gesus..a Warnerphile because I am argueing in a Warner thread. Where has the front office PAID ANYBODY!!!! 52 other players. You have half the team complaining now..and when they do ask...they sign else where!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than Larry Fitz...name one other player where we paid premium??????????? Please!

they are just careful with their money ;)

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Compared to what??? 2 year contract..so it isnt over bearing...and that is avg of top 5 QB's...Which he is...and probably will be for 2 more years. I say 13 still...But I see his point. The Cards were in the Super Bowl...and he passed for 377 yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....and threw the TAINT which contributed to the Cardinals loss.

:)

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Boldin
Dansby (Franchise tag x2)
Edge

Premium??? Boldin was 8th highest paid reciever after he set rookie records and made 2 pro bowls.

Franchise tags are a bailout because they cant negotiate.

Edge...give you that one.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Just one?? ok

Edgerrin James

Dont forget the countless top 5 and top 10 draft picks throughout the years, which seem to always hamper us in the salary cap.

And easy on the ?s and !s, your keyboard will short circuit.

Warner is getting offered premium money. You may not believe it because you are looking at one man as the entire team. I am looking at a group of players and coaches who manned up at the end of the season and took this team to the promise land.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just one?? ok

Edgerrin James

Dont forget the countless top 5 and top 10 draft picks throughout the years, which seem to always hamper us in the salary cap.

And easy on the ?s and !s, your keyboard will short circuit.

Warner is getting offered premium money. You may not believe it because you are looking at one man as the entire team. I am looking at a group of players and coaches who manned up at the end of the season and took this team to the promise land.

I already gave someone Edge...But top 5 and 10 picks we have no choice...they hold out or we sign them to the scale. The FO has no choice...where they have a choice they usually blunder.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Premium??? Boldin was 8th highest paid reciever after he set rookie records and made 2 pro bowls.

Franchise tags are a bailout because they cant negotiate.

Edge...give you that one.
Top 10 money isn't premium enough?

You cannot negotiate on F-Tags, but giving Top 5 salary all of which is guaranteed money for two years straight is technically still top dollar.

And while Warner was a major factor, so was our defense and receivers. The entire team elevated their play in time for the postseason. It's hard to specify who was bigger than the other.

Anyhoo, it's late and I'm tired of playing Devil's Advocate. But this has been fun messing with Campos. :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I already gave someone Edge...But top 5 and 10 picks we have no choice...they hold out or we sign them to the scale. The FO has no choice...where they have a choice they usually blunder.

Gandy and Wells have some pretty ridiculous contracts

And IIRC, Berry and Okeafor each got 5 year 25 mil contracts a few years back. So did Dockett. This team is not afraid to shell out money, they just don't handcuff themselves by signing the Albert Haynesworths of the world.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gandy and Wells have some pretty ridiculous contracts

And IIRC, Berry and Okeafor each got 5 year 25 mil contracts a few years back. So did Dockett. This team is not afraid to shell out money, they just don't handcuff themselves by signing the Albert Haynesworths of the world.

Gandy's contract is far from rediculous. He is cheap especially for the way he has played.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was in the playoffs!

Come on, you can't seriously believe that his performance throughout the entire season is as good as he was with the Rams. There was a time when you could make a legit argument that Kurt was the best QB in the league. He played great to start the year but as the season wore on his arm looked tired and his throws weren't as on target as they were before.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Come on, you can't seriously believe that his performance throughout the entire season is as good as he was with the Rams. There was a time when you could make a legit argument that Kurt was the best QB in the league. He played great to start the year but as the season wore on his arm looked tired and his throws weren't as on target as they were before.
What part of playoffs don't you understand? I was talking about the playoffs.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
So was Edge, does that mean he was in his prime also? Of course not.

Kurt in STL >>>>>>> Kurt now.
Edge was non existent at times in the playoffs and we needed Hightower to produce. Completely different!:mulli:

DuMaCac

Reaction score
The humor of the non knowledgable fan. Cards have been to 1 NFC championship game and 1 Super Bowl ever!!! Warner has MVP numbers...and yet you ...not worth getting banned yet...but you guys rather see Lienart who hasn't won one MEANINGFUL game EVER!!! The biggest game he has ever won he had more talent in college than most pro teams do. Warner just has the Most yards in Super Bowl History and the top 3 games of al time. Wow...I am glad I dont live in Arizona.

its a business. kurt has put up ONE good season and he wants Peyton manning type money? indy is in the playoffs almost every year. i luv warner dont get me wrong, but 12 mil should be enough.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Edge was non existent at times in the playoffs and we needed Hightower to produce. Completely different!:mulli:
I misunderstood what you were saying before, but now that I do....do you think that Warner will carry his postseason performance over a 16-game season?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kurt needed Fitz to produce to look good.

Thats a stretch to say the least. No shock coming from an ass like you :)

In all seriousness though while Fitz was the man for coming down with those balls. Warner put them right where they needed to be. No telling if any other QB could have done that. Odds are they couldnt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser