FJ's Motto

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When asked what he'll do about the starting center position, now that he has 3 centers healthy for the first time this year, Frank Johnson responded:

"I honestly don't know what we'll do right now."

I have a feeling he uses that phrase a lot.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
More bullsh!t inciting from Matt Whitlock. Big surprise. Have anything of value to add to this board other than a bunch of tears? Here's a hanky, jackass.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock
When asked what he'll do about the starting center position, now that he has 3 centers healthy for the first time this year, Frank Johnson responded:

"I honestly don't know what we'll do right now."

I have a feeling he uses that phrase a lot.

Dude, you're twisting words to suit your opinion.

That quote was specifically addressing who he was going to start tonight--Scotty or Jahidi (who practiced full contact WITH a pin in his finger and WITHOUT pain medication)... :eek:

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
I noticed from personal experience that Whitlock likes to quote one liners out of context to fit his own needs. Thats because he can't create a truthful argument on his own...sad.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I noticed from personal experience that Whitlock likes to quote one liners out of context to fit his own needs. Thats because he can't create a truthful argument on his own...sad.

Yes, but on the bright side, he gets to have several birthdays each year.

OP
OP
M

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, way to take a joke completely out of context.

When I have something I firmly believe in, I express my opinion in what I try to make as a well thought out, argumentative form. I don't just spout out one liners.

I don't think anybody here would argue that Johnson seems to really have a handle on what's going on out there.

I'm not sure I see the need for all of the hostility. :confused:

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
Sounds like u guys are jus picking on matt_whitlock. Why is it ok for everyone else to make fun of FJ but when he does it he gets criticized for it. I've been reading his post and a lot of them have been over to the top for if it wasn't for those posts I feel this board would be pretty bland. Thats just my opinion but think about it, it sounds like u guys are just picking on him now. I don't care if he's therealhardaway, whatever, the consensus on this board is that a lot of you guys don't like FJ. So why is it that when he has something to say he gets criticized for it. It was obviously a joke.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Matt quotes one line instead of a paragraph or the whole story which makes it out of context on occassion. His one line quotes can be misleading.

OP
OP
M

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sounds like u guys are jus picking on matt_whitlock. Why is it ok for everyone else to make fun of FJ but when he does it he gets criticized for it. I've been reading his post and a lot of them have been over to the top for if it wasn't for those posts I feel this board would be pretty bland. Thats just my opinion but think about it, it sounds like u guys are just picking on him now. I don't care if he's therealhardaway, whatever, the consensus on this board is that a lot of you guys don't like FJ. So why is it that when he has something to say he gets criticized for it. It was obviously a joke.

Haha thanks for the help man, but it's really okay. I realize that at some points my posts are very.. opinionated.. to say the least, and I understand that with strong opinions comes strong opposition. It can get annoying when people are childish and seem to be "out to get you", but that's the way things go sometimes. People on these boards like to exaggerate: you say one good thing about Penny, all of the sudden it gets turned into you being "in the bathroom jerking off to his picture." You disagree with someone and automatically you're a moron.

Honestly, I just laugh at it. In the end, it boils down to the fact that we're all Suns fans, and I wouldn't be here typing right now if I didn't want to. It almost sounds pathetic, but a lot of my life is devoted to watching Suns games, talking about Suns games, thinking about the Suns, etc, and I'm sure it's the same for most of the guys on this board. If people are going to quibble about little things, whatever, because at the end of the day, I love talking about this team. It's what I do.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We tend to only pick on the guy who tends to only pick on the Suns. If he contributed ANYTHING other than overly opinionated criticisms of the team, I dont think we would jump on him so quickly.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
edit: I was owned

You might want to watch out on the sexual comments. If I am not mistaken, that was why your other name was banned (although that was a much worse case). Just givin' you a heads up, you might want to edit that out

Andy

Last edited:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heh, to Matt's defense, it was Joe that made that comment, Matt was just rehashing it. It was indeed a good unexpected zinger from Joe, though I'm not offended by anything, so....

Also, Doesnt help to edit it if you quoted it in your response, right? Heh.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
Heh, to Matt's defense, it was Joe that made that comment, Matt was just rehashing it. It was indeed a good unexpected zinger from Joe, though I'm not offended by anything, so....

I don't remember that. I'm like a little church boy, and I would never say anything about Mr. Whitlock flogging his dolphin to a picture of Penny Hardaway. :)

Sometimes Mr. Whitlock's constant hammering on Joe Johnson can become annoying. Of course the same could be said for many of our posts.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just for the record, it's not t.r.h.'s constant Penny-worshipping/Johnson-bashing that bothers me the most. It's his outright dishonesty, coming to this board over and over under different nicknames and pretending to be different people. I really feel like once you've done something to warrant censure, you shouldn't try to get back in through deceit. It might be cute when Bobby Valentine wears a false nose and glasses in the dugout, but the community of this board would be a lot better off if we didn't hide behind electronic disguises.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd

LOL, you got me there.

DaFlogger

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
[I would never say anything about Mr. Whitlock flogging his dolphin to a picture of Penny Hardaway. :)
Joe Mama [/B]

Are you making fun of me? Whaaaaa!

OP
OP
M

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You might want to watch out on the sexual comments. If I am not mistaken, that was why your other name was banned (although that was a much worse case). Just givin' you a heads up, you might want to edit that out

You know, I honestly have no problem with what Joe Mama said. If it wasn't directed at me, all things being equal I would've thought it was pretty funny. The only thing I really have a problem with is the way he half-appologized for it, even though you could tell even in his apology that he wasn't sorry for saying it. My opinion is that the only reason he appologized for it at all was because he didn't want to seem like a hypocrit, banning people for sexual comments and then using them as well.

I'm not a person who is easily offended. Everybody here gets wriled up about the Suns, and it's only natural to displace that anger towards others. Sometimes people say things they don't mean, and sometimes they feel like saying things they mean, but oftentimes wouldn't say unless they're mad. Have I done anything at all to warrant such disdain? No, of course not.

I think it'd do some people a world of good if they looked over my posts and then looked over their own. Yeah, I bash Joe Johnson, but if you're a starting shooting guard shooting 35% from the field, you should pretty much expect it. Nevertheless, I have not once bashed anybody on these boards. I say Joe Johnson sucks, and somebody says I'm an idiot, that I don't contribute anything positive to the boards, that I, well, you know.. And so what if I don't like some of the crap games Joe Johnson plays, is it any different than some of you guys who say stuff about Penny Hardaway? How about Tom Gugliota? The guy fought back from the worst knee injury in NBA history in 8 months, and all you guys can do is criticize him because he's not the player he once was. What do you expect? How do you think the guy feels? He's gone through the a near-fatal freak siezure, one of the worst knee injuries in league history inflicted by his own teamate, the death of his mother, foot surgery, a divorce, and now the one thing he loves to do, his own main escape from it all, he is being told he can't do anymore. Am I saying you guys can't say it? No. Am I saying it's wrong? No. But does that "contribute anything positive to the boards?"

Is THAT positive?

Yeah, real positive. :rolleyes:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Whoa, Matt, or whatever your name is. YOu have multiple times gotten personal on these boards under your previously banned usernames. To your credit, you haven't since you started using your current name, but, especially with therealhardaway, you had no problem blasting people for nothing more than disagreeing with your opinion.

OP
OP
M

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Whoa, Matt, or whatever your name is. YOu have multiple times gotten personal on these boards under your previously banned usernames. To your credit, you haven't since you started using your current name, but, especially with therealhardaway, you had no problem blasting people for nothing more than disagreeing with your opinion.

What makes you so sure that's who I am? What about that new guy from wherever it is.. little rock? What makes you so sure that's not him?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What makes you so sure that's who I am? What about that new guy from wherever it is.. little rock? What makes you so sure that's not him?

That's a nice cryptic answer.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When asked what he'll do about the starting center position, now that he has 3 centers healthy for the first time this year, Frank Johnson responded: "I honestly don't know what we'll do right now."
Let's get back to the quote which began this thread. There are strong and weak ways for a Head Coach to react to a question.

"I honestly don't know what we'll do right now" does not show strong leadership. Something like "I'll be making my decision when I see Scott's condition" would instill alot more confidence in the guy in charge, wouldn't it?

In addition to Frank's weaknesses as an X-and-O's leader, and lack of discretion in boppin' the sponsor's wife, this is just another example of the weak leadership that Jerry feels comfortable with.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I just can't get too excited about criticizing Johnson for this comment. He hasn't had much chance to see Williams and White interact with the rest of the team, either in practice or game situations. I don't have a problem with him simply admitting that he is going to be playing it by ear.

Heaven knows, there are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Johnson for. Why not stick to those?

OP
OP
M

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: FJ's Motto

Originally posted by BC867
Let's get back to the quote which began this thread. There are strong and weak ways for a Head Coach to react to a question.

"I honestly don't know what we'll do right now" does not show strong leadership. Something like "I'll be making my decision when I see Scott's condition" would instill alot more confidence in the guy in charge, wouldn't it?

In addition to Frank's weaknesses as an X-and-O's leader, and lack of discretion in boppin' the sponsor's wife, this is just another example of the weak leadership that Jerry feels comfortable with.

Regardless of my original post, the truth is, I'm at least relatively sure Frank does have some plan of attack, with some logic behind his eventual decision. He doesn't have to explain it to every reporter who asks.

Who cares if he knows what he's going to do 2 days before tip-off. He's got more important things to worry about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05