Free Agency 2018

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we're just helping facilitate something with Chandler or Dudley. We've started to turn the corner already, no need to try an accelerate things by acquiring Kevin Love. Outside of Love they have Sexton to offer but that isn't all too appealing with 2 other big name rookies headed into next season.

McD has done too good of a job keeping things quiet during his tenure. I have a hard time believing this many people know of a deal happening before it actually takes place. At least I hope it's all smoke and mirrors right now.

Perhaps it could be the other teams that are leaking it.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would think the trade would be another team clearing cap space for James with a trade.

Zero chance the Suns are trading for Love.

My gut tells me it will be the Lakers trading us Ball.....

Yes I'll be having a party today If Suns land Ball, he would fit what they have perfect young and can grow with team and not have the team team kn his shoukders, he could feed Ayton down low, better than any trash PG brought up so far in obtaining this offseason

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps it could be the other teams that are leaking it.

That's definitely a possibility but everyone Folster seemed to quote or post tweets from are linked to the Suns. It would be a little weird for other teams to be feeding Suns guys stories. I guess if the Lakers are involved though that would make the most sense because of the proximity of our teams. I believe there's more connections between Suns insiders and those in Southern California than teams across the country.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lonzo is the perfect fit, as I have been saying. Im buying all his stock.

Ehh, I'm not sure about that.

Yes, he fits as a distributor. But his terrible jump shot, and his father makes it considerably risky

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Yes, he fits as a distributor. But his terrible jump shot, and his father makes it considerably risky
Despite his shot being “terrible” he still shot 30% on threes. Which isn’t abysmal for an injury riddled rookie season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an ass!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nobody cares Espo!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Despite his shot being “terrible” he still shot 30% on threes. Which isn’t abysmal for an injury riddled rookie season.

And 40% from the FT line. He couldn't be kept on the floor in a close game. I think shooting 30% from 3 is something he won't easily do again.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If the Suns traded for Ball they would immediately have the worst defensive back court in the NBA. Yes, worse than Portland. Ball has shown very little interest in playing a full game. We all know about Book.

Not only that you'll have to deal with the most embarrassing shot in NBA history, that is likely to degenerate as it did last season. So he'll be a liability on offense too. Couple that with his passive arrogance demonstrated fully by his apathy to fix his shot and you have the makings of a major problem.

You'll have to put up with constant injuries. With his form on his shot (45 degree angle feet) Ball's thin body will suffer from all sorts of complications. I can see him having lifelong battles with his knees and ankles (which eventually progress to his hip and his back).

He's NOT a leader. There just isn't anything about him that screams leadership. Anybody take note of his body language on a court when things go bad? You think Chriss is bad... Not to mention the fact that he still quietly allows his father to guide and direct him. Seriously?

Oh yeah, speaking of his father... We just landed three upstanding young men in Ayton, Bridges, and Okobo. While Alonzo isn't a problem directly, his entourage is. He'll be a distraction on this team. We are WAY too young to deal with the likes of his father.

As you can tell I believe there are way too many red flags on this guy. We just had potentially the best draft in Suns history. Let's not mess that up by inviting a clown into town.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What an ass!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nobody cares Espo!
Ironically, out of all the podcasters out there, Espo seems to be the most in-tune to what's happening, much like this board. After all, he WAS a member of this board a long time ago.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score

I honestly believe his jumper can be rebuilt at certain potions of his load. His release point is perfectly fine. High, arc, consistent. This issue is his load and form to get to his release. If hes a league average shooter from three, he is immensely valuable.

Last edited:

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If the Suns traded for Ball they would immediately have the worst defensive back court in the NBA. Yes, worse than Portland. Ball has shown very little interest in playing a full game.

I couldnt disagree with this more. Ball was very good defensively as a rookie. Stats wise, and actually watching the games wise.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If the Lakers can’t tolerate “The Big Ballers” nobody can. Just say no to this train wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If I am subjected to daily interviews with Papa Ball I will literally stop watching.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If I am subjected to daily interviews with Papa Ball I will literally stop watching.

If he's a distraction and / or a nuisance. They should just ban family members from attending practices.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I couldnt disagree with this more. Ball was very good defensively as a rookie. Stats wise, and actually watching the games wise.
I'll give you that he finished strong in March. He definitely was better than while at UCLA. But taken as a whole season he wasn't good. He started off awful. Finished with flashes for sure. I won't give him a pass til I see consistency.

And Ball's criticism on D was never 'ability'. The guy has length and is agile. It was always heart. I still question that. Many players show flashes only to fade when they have to work at it. Really work at it.

And if we're going to praise his defensive improvement in March then let's be consistent and point out his shooting percentages in March:

FT: 32%
FG: 35%
3FG: 28%

That's utter garbage. 32% FT!?! Hack-a-Ben Wallace shot better than that. Josh Jackson was jeered for his poor shooting this year and never once dipped below those numbers (besides 3FG). And remember Josh wasn't drafted for his shooting percentage, where Ball was praised for his.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's definitely a possibility but everyone Folster seemed to quote or post tweets from are linked to the Suns. It would be a little weird for other teams to be feeding Suns guys stories. I guess if the Lakers are involved though that would make the most sense because of the proximity of our teams. I believe there's more connections between Suns insiders and those in Southern California than teams across the country.

Until Gambo or Bordrow puts it out there I will remain skeptical.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
I'll give you that he finished strong in March. He definitely was better than while at UCLA. But taken as a whole season he wasn't good. He started off awful. Finished with flashes for sure. I won't give him a pass til I see consistency.

And Ball's criticism on D was never 'ability'. The guy has length and is agile. It was always heart. I still question that. Many players show flashes only to fade when they have to work at it. Really work at it.

And if we're going to praise his defensive improvement in March then let's be consistent and point out his shooting percentages in March:

FT: 32%
FG: 35%
3FG: 28%

That's utter garbage. 32% FT!?! Hack-a-Ben Wallace shot better than that. Josh Jackson was jeered for his poor shooting this year and never once dipped below those numbers (besides 3FG). And remember Josh wasn't drafted for his shooting percentage, where Ball was praised for his.

You are crediting him in March only. Im crediting him all season.

He was night and day better than at UCLA. I do agree with you on seeing consistency in his defense. We need to see more than one year of him defending well. Again, im looking at the entire year, not just "March".

You can take these stats however you want (because its only one year of data), but they are quite impressive:

Among Point Guards:

91st percentile in BLK%
83rd percentile in STL%
96th percentile in DREB%
3rd in DRPM
3.9 points/100 better defensive with him on the floor (82nd percentile)
He had the same amount of shots per game against him at G as Ben Simmons. Simmons allowed 41.5% shooting compares to Lonzo's 41.9%

Again, take them however you want. Im just saying my eye test is aligning with the numbers, which is usually a good sign.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If he's a distraction and / or a nuisance. They should just ban family members from attending practices.

Its not a public park, its private property. They can ban him from any facility they want. That still won't stop him from interjecting himself into the equation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not a public park, its private property. They can ban him from any facility they want. That still won't stop him from interjecting himself into the equation.

Yeah, Lavar doesn't need access to the team or arena to cause problems. He's a 12 car pileup on the freeway - nobody likes them but everyone gawks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05