Free Agency 2018

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends if you can stand the owner or not. LBJ is not on the best terms with his boss.

I guess I could tolerate most any boss for one season for this type of money. :)

However, Lebron is one of those rare players who can walk away and still get this type of money elsewhere... plus perhaps a championship.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My opinion, he opted out to start a new contract with the Cavs.

If he opted in that would have meant he wanted to be traded. Instead of leaving Cleveland with nothing.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My opinion, he opted out to start a new contract with the Cavs.

If he opted in that would have meant he wanted to be traded. Instead of leaving Cleveland with nothing.
Do the Cavs still have his bird rights when he opts out?

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I could take a tolerate most any boss for one season for this type of money. :)
Don't get me wrong I am not defending LBJ in any way. I just think that Dan Gilbert is in the running for worst owner in the NBA.:)
However, Lebron is one of those rare players who can walk away and still get this type of money elsewhere... plus perhaps a championship.
Agreed.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
True, but that didn't stop him from coming back to Cleveland.
IIRC there was video of Lebron totally ignoring the Cavs Owner during the ECF Finals celebration.

But yeah I'm also surprised with the way that how poorly Dan Gilbert handled the LBJ departure, that LBJ came back to Cleveland. I think he did it more for that city more than anything else. JMO

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dan Gilbert has employed LBJ for 11 seasons and has one ring. Even Sarver wouldn't be that incomptent.
Man is that a good point. You’ve had the greatest player on the planet for 11 seasons and only a single ring to show for it. And you’ve paid gobs of money in your failures. Wow.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Man is that a good point. You’ve had the greatest player on the planet for 11 seasons and only a single ring to show for it. And you’ve paid gobs of money in your failures. Wow.

The gobs of money for mediocre players that LBJ demanded they pay? I absolutely believe there’s ppl in the Cavs organization that aren’t heartbroken to see him go despite the hard times ahead.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone think Lebrons Miami teams would have won anymore rings over the GS teams of the last 4 years?

Imo, Lebron maybe the greatest most gifted athlete ever but he isnt even close to being the greatest winner. Winners dont pass the ball off in game 3’s with 35 seconds left down 6 and let JR Smith shoot a contested 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think Lebrons Miami teams would have won anymore rings over the GS teams of the last 4 years?

Imo, Lebron maybe the greatest most gifted athlete ever but he isnt even close to being the greatest winner. Winners dont pass the ball off in game 3’s with 35 seconds left down 6 and let JR Smith shoot a contested 3.

Nah... that Heat team was running on fumes at that point.

I do think the Cats might have beaten GS in their first meeting if Kyrie's knee didn't explode at the end of Game 1. They got robbed at the end of Game 1 and lost in OT, then LeBron singlehandedly beat them in Game 2 and 3 to take a 2-1 lead without Kyrie OR Love. If he has both of those guys, or even one of them, I think they win the first year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Cavaliers General Manager David Griffin reportedly thinks the Lakers will sign DeMarcus Cousins plus one other star.

Appearing on Sirius XM, according to this Reddit post, Griffin thinks Cousins is going to end up with the Los Angeles Lakers. Griffin was also the one to predict Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics the day before it happened, and he does have an inside scoop in the NBA still.

Griffin doesn’t just think that the Lakers will get Cousins, he thinks that it will be Cousins plus either LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, or Paul George.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rum...ne-of-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shabazz Napier will become an unrestricted free agent.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
76ers “badly” want Kawhi according to Stein. I could see them offering a lot of picks and young players (Fultz, Shamet, Saric, Zhaire Smith etc...)

They’re not getting past Boston without adding another star. Maybe they trade for him and the Lakers tie up their cap space with Lebron/George.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
76ers “badly” want Kawhi according to Stein. I could see them offering a lot of picks and young players (Fultz, Shamet, Saric, Zhaire Smith etc...)

They’re not getting past Boston without adding another star. Maybe they trade for him and the Lakers tie up their cap space with Lebron/George.

We need to get involved in that deal and try to land Fultz. I never thought he was worth the number one pick but of all the names we've floated here, he's the only one that has starter skills IMO. And c'mon, how hard can it to fix a little insanity?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm really hoping that David Griffin is right and Lakers sign Cousins to a max deal. That would be awesome!

Errntknght

Reaction score
We need to get involved in that deal and try to land Fultz. I never thought he was worth the number one pick but of all the names we've floated here, he's the only one that has starter skills IMO. And c'mon, how hard can it to fix a little insanity?

Despite the last line I think you are semi-serious... no thanks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite the last line I think you are semi-serious... no thanks.

Actually, I'm very serious. It's a cheap gamble with high up-side and very little long term risk. I was one of the outspoken few that did not want him with our first pick last season but he's got a lot more talent than any of the other possibles we've discussed. He's also more likely to fade away than the others but IMO none of the others have true starter potential (Fred comes the closest other than Fultz). I'd love Fred or even Dinwiddie as a backup point guard but I think they're both looking for starter minutes and starter money.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I think they drafted Shamet in the first rd in case he doesn’t get it together. It’s pretty rare a team spends a 1st rd pick when you just took one #1 overall and have one of the best backup PG’s in the league in McConnell.

Khyri Thomas and Isaac Bonga were steals in the 2nd rd plus they took Zhair Smith in our trade. I think they will be looking to consolidate assets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if I understand it correctly, free agency will start after 9 p.m Arizona time on Saturday (midnight Sunday Eastern time).

I'm hoping to hear the names of players whom the Suns have interest.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23772604/nba-rumors-free-agency-trade-buzz-rumblings-reports

Bordow posted an article about 5 questions for the Suns as free agency starts. One is how much money they'll have, if they'll have max cap space or if they can make max space. Another is asking how Lebron effects their plans. As well as what positions they'll target. it's a good read.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...e-agency-lebron-james-marcus-smart/745994002/

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05