Reaction score
2019-20’:

Knight - 15.6
Warren - 11
Ayton - 8~ish (based on Fultz)
Jackson - 7
Bender - 5.8
Chriss - 4
Bridges - 3.6 (based on last year’s #10)
Reed - 1.6
Okobo - ?

———

Roughly 57 mil added up not including Booker... Obviously Warren, Chriss, Reed might not be here and Knight could be stretched.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if the Suns do not trade for a PG do they start Okobo. Somebody needs to get the ball to Ayton, Jackson, Bridges and Booker among others.

Maybe McDonough is sold on Knight?

It's like deja vu all over again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprised that Houston kept Gerald Green for that little. $2.4 million is a steal for him, honestly. I know he's had his problems but he seems to have turned himself around. Too bad he hasn't been able to sign any sort of long term deal since his time here in Phoenix. With Houston paying Chris Paul that much though they really don't have the cash to spare for him and staying in a winning situation is probably something he values.

I wonder how Capela's deal will play out. I'm glad we're not throwing max money, or close to max money, at him. Thank the basketball gods for the lottery getting us Ayton.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2019-20’:

Knight - 15.6
Warren - 11
Ayton - 8~ish (based on Fultz)
Jackson - 7
Bender - 5.8
Chriss - 4
Bridges - 3.6 (based on last year’s #10)
Reed - 1.6
Okobo - ?

———

Roughly 57 mil added up not including Booker... Obviously Warren, Chriss, Reed might not be here and Knight could be stretched.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Sign Ayton and Bridges to their rookie deals, sign Booker to his max waive everyone without guaranteed contracts(aside from JJ, Chriss and Bender), stretch Knight(in 2019 not this year)renounce all rights then just manually add 1.5mil for the deal Okobo signed that is not yet included. Then you can play around with where you think the Suns will pick to decide how much of an impact it will have. That is how I got to 20-30mil.

The projected cap next year is listed 108mil but the last projections I saw were that it should go up to at least 109.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have lots of mentors in Dudley, Chandler, Ariza and Knight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So if the Suns do not trade for a PG do they start Okobo. Somebody needs to get the ball to Ayton, Jackson, Bridges and Booker among others.

Maybe McDonough is sold on Knight?

It's like deja vu all over again.
Doesn’t matter. Knight will start unless a trade happens. Period. Not sure that’s even a question right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns did not try to throw a back loaded contract at Van Vleet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Knight will start unless a trade happens. Period. Not sure that’s even a question right now.

McDonough counted on Knight to be the Suns starting PG when they traded for him. We know how that turned out. What could possibly go wrong now.

The Suns need a PG that can pass the ball to Ayton, Jackson, Bridges and Booker. I'm not seeing that player on the Suns roster at the moment.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
McDonough counted on Knight to be the Suns starting PG when they traded for him. We know how that turned out. What could possibly go wrong now.

The Suns need a PG that can pass the ball to Ayton, Jackson, Bridges and Booker. I'm not seeing that player on the Suns roster at the moment.
Maybe it will go wrong. Doesn’t change the fact that’s how it is right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it will go wrong. Doesn’t change the fact that’s how it is right now.

No one is disputing the facts of the situation. The Suns have improved their team this off season but they have a glaring hole at PG.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron is meeting with the 76ers today.