Free Agency 2018

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Can’t believe the Suns are willing to start BK. That’s like an NFL team starting the season with a journeyman back up QB.

There’s gotta be somebody out there that is better equipped to start for the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can’t believe the Suns are willing to start BK. That’s like an NFL team starting the season with a journeyman back up QB.

There’s gotta be somebody out there that is better equipped to start for the Suns.

Yes I don't want Knight even on the floor let alone as the starter, he is grabage and makes the people around him worse

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yes I don't want Knight even on the floor let alone as the starter, he is grabage and makes the people around him worse
Reminds me of the old saying wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

He was one of the worst players in the league BEFORE. he blew out his knee.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old saying wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

He was one of the worst players in the league BEFORE. he blew out his knee.

He was statistically the player that made people around him worse, the worst in the NBA. Here's a article on how horrible Knight is. Mc D should be canned if he plans going the Season with Knight

https://94feetreport.com/the-demise-of-brandon-knight-8d8878b2379a

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been one of the biggest Knight detractors over the years, but I think his new attitude coupled with his talent means he deserves a chance.

I just think that should be a chance to fit in the rotation; not a chance to be the presumptive starter.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep, Knight shouldn’t even be the backup plan. Might have just been a fan but I read that the Suns might stretch him.

He's making $30 million over the next two years, so I could see him being the back-up plan at first, with hopes that Okobo develops quickly. But I absolutely think this team needs to find a way to bring in a real starting point guard.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get the over the top BK hate. He was forced to play shooting guard next to Eric "I don't want to be here" Bledsoe (who Milwaukee now hates) and coached by Earl Watson. Even coming off injury, he is better than anyone we rolled out at the position last season.

I'm going to give him a Mulligan and hope for the best.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's making $30 million over the next two years, so I could see him being the back-up plan at first, with hopes that Okobo develops quickly. But I absolutely think this team needs to find a way to bring in a real starting point guard.

Let's hope it happens.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Suns have lots of mentors in Dudley, Chandler, Ariza and Knight.
I support the importance of teachers in our society. I said forty years ago that public school teachers' salaries should be doubled across the board.

But I couldn't help but chuckle at your post that we have (too many) mentors. The old saying -- Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I support the importance of teachers in our society. I said forty years ago that public school teachers' salaries should be doubled across the board.

But I couldn't help but chuckle at your post that we have (too many) mentors. The old saying -- Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. :)

I bet the teachers wish they were getting paid the salaries of those Suns players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott Bordow comes back to clarify the Suns future CAP situation as I thought he would.

Perhaps the most significant aspect of the Ariza deal is its short-term nature. The Suns will clear $38 million in cap space when Ariza, Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley come off the books following the 2018-19 season.

Even if the Suns sign Devin Booker to a five-year, $156 million extension that would kick in next summer they would still have between $15 million and $25 million in cap space. That number could balloon to more than $40 million if the Suns shed themselves of another deal or stretch a contract, perhaps Brandon Knight’s.

Doing so would put Phoenix in position to sign a max free agent in 2019. Interestingly, the free agent market could include point guards Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving and Terry Rozier.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ariza-point-guard-free-agent-trade/749573002/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are supposedly now interested in Aaron Gordon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Magic did say he would step down, if he couldn’t deliver free agents to the Lakers. I get the desperation if that is the case....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This can't be the Anthony Tolliver who played in a Suns iniform.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Do kids these days even care who Magic was? Lol at the thought that he has any influence in there decisions.