Free Agency 2018

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not get vicarious pleasure watching other teams compete for championships.

Me either. But I would get a kick (petty or not) out of watching a team or two self-destruct while in the pursuit of championships. Especially if the Lakers are that team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many games to the Cavs win next year?

I'm gunna go with.... 8. The 8-74 Cavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been against it but this summer would be the perfect time to change the playoffs. It's going to make even more sense now to seed them without regard to conference.

yeah... it probably ain't ever happening, but it should at this point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Caldwell-Pope agreed to a one-year deal with Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess the Lakers can spend all the money they want.

Demarcus Cousins is a free agent so he could sign there without complications.

I don’t think they can sign Cousins anymore with the KCP deal. They would need to trade Ball and stretch Deng.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither does anyone else, but I do enjoy watching good basketball and since we're still building our team, I'd rather watch awesome matchups until we're ready to be in one of those.

which quite frankly, is still at least a couple years away.

I understand what you are saying but who is to say the Lakers or some other big market team does not steal the Suns talent down the road. It's getting to be a perpetual thing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me either. But I would get a kick (petty or not) out of watching a team or two self-destruct while in the pursuit of championships. Especially if the Lakers are that team.

I will toast to this.

:cheers:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but who is to say the Lakers or some other big market team does not steal the Suns talent down the road. It's getting to be a perpetual thing.

I don't know. But I'm not going to stress over it so much that I'm not going to enjoy a sport I love watching.

This stuff ain't that important.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. But I'm not going to stress over it so much that I'm not going to enjoy a sport I love watching.

This stuff ain't that important.

I know I've been taking it way too serious. Get me a PG that can play some and I will be happy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lance Stephenson joins Lakers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow. Add that clown to the circus. That’s interesting. I could see lance actually going into the stands after Lavar if he talks crap about him. And didn’t lebron hate lance? See gang, all this talk about “feelings” is overrated.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Add that clown to the circus. That’s interesting. I could see lance actually going into the stands after Lavar if he talks crap about him. And didn’t lebron hate lance? See gang, all this talk about “feelings” is overrated.

As long as they get to eat at the communal trough.

Maybe the NBA should quit handing out rings and instead give them a certificate of accomplishment.

That might help. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I beginning to think the NBA formed the G-League to prevent other basketball leagues from forming or certainly diluting the talent.