Free Agency 2018

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t but Lonzo is useless playing with Lebron.

Don't see that at all. Lonzo's usage rate is very low, he doesn't need the ball in his hands to do this thing, what he does best is pass the ball, push it ahead quickly, and although his % sucked this year he can make 3's. IF, and a big IF, he can stay healthy and get that % up where it was when he was healthy for about 15 games as a rookie, he's a perfect fit with LeBron. Great passer, rebounds, analytically a much better defender than people realize, and he shoots lots of 3's and will get lots of wide open ones playing with LeBron.

now if he's the same kid shooting poorly and in and out with injuries then yeah it's not going to work. But what you want with LeBron IMO is guys who shoot 3's, and can move without the ball and score at the rim when teams key on LeBron. Lonzo couldn't do that last year because he was the only guy on the Lakers who passed the ball well. Until they got IT, the next best playmaker on the roster was Ingram. I think we can assume with LeBron coming in, IT's not going to be there since he's a FA anyways. But that doesn't matter now because they have one of the best passers in history in LeBron to play with Lonzo.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Add that clown to the circus. That’s interesting. I could see lance actually going into the stands after Lavar if he talks crap about him. And didn’t lebron hate lance? See gang, all this talk about “feelings” is overrated.

I'm guessing maybe they signed Born Ready to guard Harden and Curry? Otherwise just so LeBron doesn't have to play against him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elfrid Payton is going to play for the Pelicans.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't see that at all. Lonzo's usage rate is very low, he doesn't need the ball in his hands to do this thing, what he does best is pass the ball, push it ahead quickly, and although his % sucked this year he can make 3's. IF, and a big IF, he can stay healthy and get that % up where it was when he was healthy for about 15 games as a rookie, he's a perfect fit with LeBron. Great passer, rebounds, analytically a much better defender than people realize, and he shoots lots of 3's and will get lots of wide open ones playing with LeBron.

now if he's the same kid shooting poorly and in and out with injuries then yeah it's not going to work. But what you want with LeBron IMO is guys who shoot 3's, and can move without the ball and score at the rim when teams key on LeBron. Lonzo couldn't do that last year because he was the only guy on the Lakers who passed the ball well. Until they got IT, the next best playmaker on the roster was Ingram. I think we can assume with LeBron coming in, IT's not going to be there since he's a FA anyways. But that doesn't matter now because they have one of the best passers in history in LeBron to play with Lonzo.

100% wrong. Lonzo needs to the ball to suceed he does NOTHING well outside of running the break and passing. He's bad on an epic level when it comes to shooting he's a PG who shoots 36% from the field, 30% from 3 now those a bad and I mean really bad but by far the worse is his 45% from the free throw line. 45% is worse than Shaq. So if he doesn't have the ball in his hands what exactly is he good at he's flat out not a catch and shoot option at all.

Lebron like a PG who can score(Wade/Irving)

You can't even have him in at the end of games because of his free throw shooting that's unheard of from the PG position.

Lonzo Ball is not a good basketball player. I flat out don't understand why people think this kid is good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee will sign with Lakers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
100% wrong. Lonzo needs to the ball to suceed he does NOTHING well outside of running the break and passing. He's bad on an epic level when it comes to shooting he's a PG who shoots 36% from the field, 30% from 3 now those a bad and I mean really bad but by far the worse is his 45% from the free throw line. 45% is worse than Shaq. So if he doesn't have the ball in his hands what exactly is he good at he's flat out not a catch and shoot option at all.

Lebron like a PG who can score(Wade/Irving)

You can't even have him in at the end of games because of his free throw shooting that's unheard of from the PG position.

Lonzo Ball is not a good basketball player. I flat out don't understand why people think this kid is good.
He’s not a pound the rock pg. you must have never seen him play. He’s not a high usage player. He moves the ball.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Elfrid is just a weird dude. He is different in his head. If that changes, he could be really good.

Do not know what the Suns are going to do about pg. I guess Okobo is going to get a chance early. Knight too. Probably better than over committing to a marginal player.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s not a pound the rock pg. you must have never seen him play. He’s not a high usage player. He moves the ball.

Trust me I've seen him play a lot. Yes he passes the ball very well and I've said that but other than that he does nothing well. Lebron James will be your primary ball handler in the half court set up as he's done his entire career he's way more Magic than Mike. So with Lebron being your playmaker you need to be able to knock down a shot when you get the ball and Lonzo just can't do that its the truth

Save me the whole he'll get better thing. Lebron is 33 hrs about right now not later. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ball wasn't on the team come trade deadline

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only $2.7 million on a one year deal for Payton. Wow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only $2.7 million on a one year deal for Payton. Wow.

This is so cheap. I'm guessing Payton did not want to play for the Suns or there were other issues. He could have started for the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what he got on the free market, it could have been as simple as the Suns not seeing him as a starting point guard. I'm hoping they have another target in mind.

The same here. Payton was better than any PG the Suns have now. Okobo may be good someday but we really don't know yet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to play here if you all were dissing my hair either...LOL.

If you followed twitter or other social media (which I'm sure you do), a lot of people were telling Payton to get a haircut.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Great Knight as the PG lol, that is horrible McD should be fired over this, stupid signing of Ariza and keeping Knight as a starter time to AX him, these are very bad decisions

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The same here. Payton was better than any PG the Suns have now. Okobo may be good someday but we really don't know yet.

I agree with this, but still wouldn't have signed him. I think the bar has to be higher than better than what we have now...Although if we bring in nobody, I will have been wrong. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this, but still wouldn't have signed him. I think the bar has to be higher than better than what we have now...Although if we bring in nobody, I will have been wrong. :)

I do think Payton can be a starter for some teams including the Suns. So I'm not just looking at the Suns roster. For the price, he would have been a steal. There must have been other issues beyond not shooting 3's at a high percentage.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I do think Payton can be a starter for some teams including the Suns. So I'm not just looking at the Suns roster. For the price, he would have been a steal. There must have been other issues beyond not shooting 3's at a high percentage.

I heard this point made on the radio, and I think it's a good one.

Elfrid Payton is inconsistent. He's excellent one night, and then really bad the next. It's hard to build a culture of success when your starting point guard can't be relied on to bring it every night.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Great Knight as the PG lol, that is horrible McD should be fired over this, stupid signing of Ariza and keeping Knight as a starter time to AX him, these are very bad decisions
Oh god...

It not being close or imminent doesn’t mean nothing will happen. Can we at least let the new season get to a week old before we assume the moves are over?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard this point made on the radio, and I think it's a good one.

Elfrid Payton is inconsistent. He's excellent one night, and then really bad the next. It's hard to build a culture of success when your starting point guard can't be relied on to bring it every night.

Right now I'm wanting a PG that can play and capable of starting. :p

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns have to act like they're good with BK as the starting PG. They're probably not fooling anybody but they still need to try as hard as they can to not look desperate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05