Free Agency 2018

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would disagree with this. I think he showed he has good PG skills, it's his BBIQ and ego that I didn't care for. Go back and read what so many of you (the generic Bledsoe hating "you") said on this board after his first few games. The consensus was we finally had a true point guard. That all changed quickly but he showed the potential IMO.
Aren't basketball IQ and (lack of) ego two of the most important qualities required of the "coach on the court" -- the Point Guard?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't basketball IQ and (lack of) ego two of the most important qualities required of the "coach on the court" -- the Point Guard?

Well, you separated attitude from point guard skills so I was just responding to that. I have seen nothing from Knight that I don't think is fixable. It's just that players seldom change their attitude and approach. I don't see much risk with giving Knight a chance (if that's what we're doing). We'll probably know before the season tips off whether he's really changed so the impact should be insignificant.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, you separated attitude from point guard skills so I was just responding to that. I have seen nothing from Knight that I don't think is fixable. It's just that players seldom change their attitude and approach. I don't see much risk with giving Knight a chance (if that's what we're doing). We'll probably know before the season tips off whether he's really changed so the impact should be insignificant.

Basketball IQ is not fixable, they didn't give him Alpha Brain or The Lawnmower Man and make him smart over night. You can't fix bad decision making, if it's was anything but that, Knight is a lost cause

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Knight shines on bad teams when he can jack up alot of bad shots and fill the stat sheet. Is basketball IQ extreme selfishness and they way he forces the ball just can't won't work out. He gets the ball and it literally trying to score Everytime he gets it, it's all he thinks about

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how but Cousins to the Warriors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We get the #1 pick in the draft and you're already setting the bar low. JC, it gives me a headache just reading that.

It is time for a new mindset for Suns fans. "The chances are really low." Yup! "You might as well see." I hope not! Tanking is over. Knight is not the Point Guard to run the offense.
He is already on the team!!! He is going to be sitting there anyway!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We get the #1 pick in the draft and you're already setting the bar low. JC, it gives me a headache just reading that.

It is time for a new mindset for Suns fans. "The chances are really low." Yup! "You might as well see." I hope not! Tanking is over. Knight is not the Point Guard to run the offense.

What does our viewpoint matter in this regard, honestly? Since when is hoping for the best a bad thing? If Knight can play like he was paid to, that is phenomenal. The Suns are paying him, he will be on the roster next season. There is nothing that can be done about that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cousins signed a 1 year deal worth 5.3 million.

Dudley's response on Twitter basically sums up what I'm sure every NBA player is thinking...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good grief. What's the point?

There is no use even having hope with the top teams loading up with talent. The Commissioner needs to step up and a new CBA completed.

Maybe there needs to be a new league for the other teams the way this is going.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no competition. Not on the floor and not in free agency. Competition is the stock and trade of a sports league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zach Lowe makes a good point, although it's still what it is. Cousins won't play much this season. The Warriors won't be able to resign him. Basically he's going there to get an easy ring and rehab before he hits free agency next year and looks to get paid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach Lowe makes a good point, although it's still what it is. Cousins won't play much this season. The Warriors won't be able to resign him. Basically he's going there to get an easy ring and rehab before he hits free agency next year and looks to get paid.

He will likely be available for the playoffs though.

I don't know what to say anymore. Other teams need to rebel.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Cousins signed a 1 year deal worth 5.3 million.

Dudley's response on Twitter basically sums up what I'm sure every NBA player is thinking...

If teams could carry 100 players on their roster every as s clown in the league would be lined up to join and receive their participation ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams puts it clearly. Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Cousins.

edupunk

Reaction score
Not sure how but Cousins to the Warriors.

The warriors should've never done this, if boogie gets back to form....I mean who beats them?
Steph
Klay
KD
DG
Boogie
But then again, nobody was going to beat them if they didn't have boogie.

Even though it's only for a year it hurts the sport as a whole.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The warriors should've never done this, if boogie gets back to form....I mean who beats them?
Steph
Klay
KD
DG
Boogie
But then again, nobody was going to beat them if they didn't have boogie.

Even though it's only for a year it hurts the sport as a whole.

Why shouldn't they? They're the one team I can't really fault for it. It sucks for the rest of the league but for the Warriors it's a no brainer. Houston gave them a scare last year, now they don't need to worry about that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO this doesn't help them. Boogie is not a team player and a cancer. There is a reason the Pelicans improved when he went down.

Warriors were 90% odds to win next year anyway, it doesn't move the needle.

edupunk

Reaction score
Why shouldn't they? They're the one team I can't really fault for it. It sucks for the rest of the league but for the Warriors it's a no brainer. Houston gave them a scare last year, now they don't need to worry about that.
Because they don't need him. Its really that simple. They have 4 allstars, 3 of the most dangerous shooters....perhaps ever. And draymond, a dpoy caliber player, the heart and soul of that team. Adding boogie is a bit much, and quite frankly classless imho. It's like if a team kept running up the score when it's up by 40 already.

Houston gave them a scare and that was exciting, no? How boring is it going to be now?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they don't need him. Its really that simple. They have 4 allstars, 3 of the most dangerous shooters....perhaps ever. And draymond, a dpoy caliber player, the heart and soul of that team. Adding boogie is a bit much, and quite frankly classless imho. It's like if a team kept running up the score when it's up by 40 already.

Houston gave them a scare and that was exciting, no? How boring is it going to be now?

that's the point. The Warriors don't want to be scared. They want to destroy people. If I was a fan of theirs, I'd probably want them to also. Can't bang 'em for doing whatever they want to stay on top.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not saying it'll make it more entertaining but I can see the Warriors thinking in this. If the Suns were capable of doing something similar I think everyone would be pulling for them to do it, to hell with everyone else. They're not bypassing any rules. The NBA installing a hard cap wouldn't even stop this sort of thing. They'll need to get creative to fix this because I'm not sure how they'll stop players from taking discounts to sign with contenders. No one blinks at veterans who do that at the end of their career, doing it coming off surgery and rehab really isn't that much different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05