Free Agency 2018

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
No reason then that the Clippers can't just wait it out until Leonard is a FA, as that seems to be what the Lakers have settled on doing.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bobby Marks

@BobbyMarks42

Two players that will be in a holding pattern with the moratorium lifted, Lance Stephenson and JaVale McGee. Expect the Lakers to exhaust free agent/trade options with the remaining $5.6M in cap space before they sign the 2 players. Signing both now and room goes away.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think its highly unlikely at all.

Lillard was 1st team All-NBA this year. I'd be surprised if Jackson ever reaches that level. He should be a fine player and could be a potential All-Star but going beyond All-Star selections, I'm not sure his ceiling is as high as Lillard's.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Never expected him to play for another team.

Especially a losing team. I could have seen him going to the Lakers because it's LA and he always struck me as being media hungry but Charlotte? That's a head scratcher.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never expected him to play for another team.

It will seem strange. The Spurs team as we know them are slipping away.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lillard was 1st team All-NBA this year. I'd be surprised if Jackson ever reaches that level. He should be a fine player and could be a potential All-Star but going beyond All-Star selections, I'm not sure his ceiling is as high as Lillard's.
I don't think he deserved it over Westbrook or Curry.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manu probably retiring. The Big-3 is dead!

Maybe it's a good thing. They brought back a lot of bad memories with Parker and Ginobili. Also I'm wondering how long Pops will coach.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Agreed. That’s surprising. And they have kemba. And didn’t they just draft another pg?
Walker is only 2 months older he makes less than half as much, and he's a UFA after this season. I know he's not as good as Lillard but he might be a better fit for the Suns all things considered.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Walker is only 2 months older he makes less than half as much, and he's a UFA after this season. I know he's not as good as Lillard but he might be a better fit for the Suns all things considered.
He would be much cheaper (wouldn't require JJ) and I also believe he is a better defender than Lillard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. I'll manage. :cool:

I'm sure I will as well. :wink2:

A little off topic but Derrick White played really well for the Spurs in the Utah summer league. The Spurs have a knack for finding hidden gems.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Dwight Howard is free to sign with Washington after buyout by Nets.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melo is being waived. Please let him go to the Lakers!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05