Free Agency 2018

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bigs getting paid is no longer a sure thing. Lopez isn't what he used to be but even back when the cap was 60 mil I bet he would have gotten something like 6-8 mil for 2-3 years.

I've got a feeling Len ends up with the Lakers for like one year, 2 mil.

If Lopez can only get $3 million, Len might have to pay a team to sign him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Count me in with those who felt Evans would have been a better FA pick up than Ariza. Evans can shoot, defend and handle the ball plus he is younger and was cheaper than Ariza. I believe Igor wants Knight to know he is the man at PG to build up his confidence, hopefully Knight can be the PG this team needs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been reported yet. Lavine remains with Bulls.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
...hopefully Knight can be the PG this team needs.
I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Knight is not, and has never been, a natural distributor.

I just don't think that the quote of his bringing the ball up, then turning the offense over to whomever, is going to help the young players.

It doesn't fit the situation. Why is Igor so adamant?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Knight is not, and has never been, a natural distributor.

I just don't think that the quote of his bringing the ball up, then turning the offense over to whomever, is going to help the young players.

Maybe because he’s not being given much of an alternative. Or maybe because his offense isn’t predicated on a primary distributor. Just guesses

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hypothetically, would anyone consider bringing Len back on a small deal to compete with and push Ayton?

Having him there for practice, battling Ayton could be useful. Also it would allow us to keep running the same scheme when Ayton is out of the line-up.

Unlikely, but it was a thought I had.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Hypothetically, would anyone consider bringing Len back on a small deal to compete with and push Ayton?

Having him there for practice, battling Ayton could be useful. Also it would allow us to keep running the same scheme when Ayton is out of the line-up.

I'd rather bring back Williams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Count me in with those who felt Evans would have been a better FA pick up than Ariza. Evans can shoot, defend and handle the ball plus he is younger and was cheaper than Ariza. I believe Igor wants Knight to know he is the man at PG to build up his confidence, hopefully Knight can be the PG this team needs.
Evans isn't a point guard, he's an iso shooter. He also plays at snails pace.

I've never been a fan... I also am weary of long time vets putting up much improved stats on a tanking team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He'd be battling Chandler for 3rd string... and probably hating life. I think Williams would handle the role better and, if healthy, is a better player anyway.

Errntknght

Reaction score

I'd guess that Igor is willing to give Knight a shot at PG and since he's senior he gets the label of starter for now. I don't interpret that to mean he's giving up on Okobo and Harrison. With his twenty years around the league I'm sure he knows the odds of BK ever being a passable defender are nearly zero however much time he works with him. While the odds of Okobo and Harrison learning to pass into the post are quite high - and in a relatively short time. About the same length of time it takes Ayton to learn how to set himself up to receive said passes. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some improvement by the end of summer league.
Knight's time as starter will continue as long as Igor and Ryan believe that his play is increasing his value. IMO, that will be less than two months into the season and we'll all be calling for Okobo to start.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i hope Carmelo goes to Lakers -- to add to their bad mix of personalities, and to guarantee that, if they make the playoffs, they don't advance.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hypothetically, if you bring up Lens name again ...lol. Ahh...I best not go there

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Evans would be a bad fit for Ayton, him and Cousins didn't work because Evans is a iso player that can't shoot. He constantly is clearing out the Center to drive, because he does his damage in the paint. I would of preferred him over Ariza though, because he is way better than Knight. But he was let go by Sac because a Center and Evans can't coexist the spacing doesn't work. He would constantly move Cousins away from the paint to drive, which isn't what you want your Franchise Center doing.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol I'm so praying for Carmelo to the Lakers.

I remember hearing a few years ago, don't know where, that Carmelo and LeBron wanted to play together. Don't know if that was Carmelo more then LeBron.

It's possible though at their ages that one or the other or both might not want to anymore.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember hearing a few years ago, don't know where, that Carmelo and LeBron wanted to play together. Don't know if that was Carmelo more then LeBron.

It's possible though at their ages that one or the other or both might not want to anymore.
They’re banana boat buddies with Wade and Chris Paul too.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It was when the Suns were In the running for Lebron, they were thinking of doing a Carmelo, Bron and Bledsoe team awhile back

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luc Mbah A Moute agrees to 1 year contract with Clippers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05