Free agency thread 2022

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The run D WAS trash, and it isn't improving as of yet. The pass rush failed down the stretch, and it's about to be significantly worse, even if Chan was on a downswing. We're going to get a lot less "bend but don't break," which is bad enough as it is a horrific defensive scheme, and we're going to get a lot more "bend AND break" next season. The only way we avoid this is through spectacular hits in FA or a major trade, AND VJ suddenly changing his scheme, AND our ILBers really stepping up, AND...yeah, it's not pleasant to think on.
Can't see VJ changing anything

So his fail to plan, will plan to fail once again

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine that, trying to improve the Oline

SK asleep at the wheel once again

La'el Collins isn't the slam dunk people think.

He missed all of 2020 with a hip injury. Needed hip surgery. The Cowboys have $27m in cap space currently. They had no real need to cut Collins.

I saw reports out of Dallas when they cut him that said they believe the hip will be an ongoing issue.

Also, we should be developing Josh Jones to start at RT next year. Not signing overpriced FA's with recent injury issues.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See here’s where I stand. The defense although not stellar, was not the problem. It was the offense.

The day we drafted Kyler was the day we should have invested 80% of our resources on the offense. After 3 years with Kyler we should of had by now a solid unquestionable offensive line, a stellar set of wide receivers and running backs.

Instead we have 1 Wr, 1 rb an ageing te to go along with another coming back ( hopefully) from injury and many of us questioning the o- line.

When we were scoring 35 points a game nobody was talking about the shortcomings of the defense. Our offense forced our opponents to abandon their game plan.

And yet here we sit talking about why Simmons and Collins aren’t playing. Here we sit and watch as we’ve done nothing to add to this offense. NOTHING. I guess we’ll have to depend on a rookie wr to step up. We’ll have to pray Conner or Hopkins doesn’t come up lame or don’t you know, there goes our season.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler would never

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ironic you'd use this to dig Kyler. When in college he regularly took his lineman out to eat every week.
He often gets gifts for all his Oline, even the ones who were terrible.
And subtweets about the Cardinals passing on Olineman the last couple of years.
I think that's a position he would definitely be welcoming too.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But then you would complain about the dead money down the road if we did the same thing. "stupid Keim"
Yes, stupid Keim. He creates situations where he has to plug holes and puts us in position to have that "dead money down the road" by his awful drafting. So, yes, you're accurate: "Stupid Keim."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ironic you'd use this to dig Kyler. When in college he regularly took his lineman out to eat every week.
He often gets gifts for all his Oline, even the ones who were terrible.
And subtweets about the Cardinals passing on Olineman the last couple of years.
I think that's a position he would definitely be welcoming too.

Most QB's do that for the O line. The gifts to start the season that is.

The meal's in college don't mean much. You're all the same age, they are your peers.

Can I see Kyler trying to persuade a FA to sign by inviting them over with recently signings and current team mates? I can't. Can you?

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy oh boy sign a few players and no more news for weeks lol....

Really prayin kyler deal close to bein finalized be a little icin on a ehhhhhhh fa so far

Are cards out of cap? Lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the first time since i follow the Cardinals that they didn't sign a single player coming from another team in the first 7 days of free agency and didn't hear a report about Cardinals having interest in someone

They signed Gladley. He came from another team. Does it matter if it was a month ago or 7 months ago?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05