Gambo: Possible Cousins to suns

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I just don't get the trade. Two scoring bugs is going to mess with the spacing and ability to spread the floor, these are not the twin towers. Both want the ball in thier hands to create their own shots. Plus they gave up some of thier better outside shooters.

Cousins has to be pissed also he just lost out on $30 million dollars. That might be enough for the Sun's to get him in free agency, if we wanted to.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Kings owner was in love with Hield before the draft.

Only owner who attended Hields pro-day and spoke there privately.

We might have been stupid enough to offer Len, Warren, Knight and our unprotected 2017 pick. They might have been stupid enough to take Evans, Hield and a top 3 protected 2017 pick instead.

Buddy Hield is just 2 years younger than Brandon Knight...^^

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just don't get the trade. Two scoring bugs is going to mess with the spacing and ability to spread the floor, these are not the twin towers. Both want the ball in thier hands to create their own shots. Plus they gave up some of thier better outside shooters.

Cousins has to be pissed also he just lost out on $30 million dollars. That might be enough for the Sun's to get him in free agency, if we wanted to.
Cousins and Davis both have perimeter skills despite being big men.

Cousins actually a pretty nice 3pt shot too. He's even made more 3s this season than Hield has.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Cousins also has 37.5% usage, that is almost as much was Westbrook.

We will see but on paper Cousins and Davis does not look like the ideal pairing to build a team.

I am starting to think we offered only Knight, Warren and Len. No pick.

Cousins, rival executives say, is a bad investment, appealing only if the asking price was minimal.

“We would have taken him,” said an executive from a team that inquired about Cousins, “but only if they were basically giving him away.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcus-cousins-trade-signals-reboot-for-kings-072616450.html

That could have been McDonough or Ainge.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Brandon knight the most untradeable player in the NBA

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
According to realgm.com the Suns offered Len, Warren, Knight and a unprotected 1st for cousins and Casspi

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
According to realgm.com the Suns offered Len, Warren, Knight and a unprotected 1st for cousins and Casspi

Yeah but since Woj is pretty much always spot on and reliable we can rule that one out pretty much.

According to WOJ the final 2 offers that were considered came from New Orleans and the Lakers.

The Suns insider on realgm is a joke, in a later post he writes:

Don’t be surprise if the Suns do end up trading Brandon Knight to Orlando for Jeff Green’s expiring contract. That would give them the flexibility this offseason to maybe make a play for Demarcus Cousins. According to Cousins people, he is NOT happy with this trade. He feels like he and Anthony Davis are the same player in a sense that they both need the ball in their hands to be effective. Of course that can changes once they play together.

Cousins is not a free agent in the offseason. Also Cousins seemed pretty happy when the media informed him about the trade, New Orleans is 2 hours from his birthplace.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thomas trade ticked me off the most but McD was in a bad situation and probably panicked.

I think the IT trade was already in motion when Dragic gave the ultimatum to be traded. I do not see him reneging on a trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the IT trade was already in motion when Dragic gave the ultimatum to be traded. I do not see him reneging on a trade.

I'm pretty sure it was too. Remember, Dragic went to them after the locker room scuffle in December and gave them a sort of ultimatum then and we supposedly promised him we'd trade Thomas. That we hadn't done the move by February was the basis for him saying we'd lied to him, from the FO's point of view they were talking about a deadline deal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Divisions means nothing in the NBA though. It's not MLB or NFL... If you trade your best player get the best return.

I've made that argument many times before and for a sane organization, I think it holds true.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

Not surprised that Sacramento turned down that hot garbage. Was the pick, this years pick?

I don't want any of those guys on our team going forward, why would the Kings?

Warren is the most over rated player on our roster while both Len and Knight suck.

That is not to say that the players they got from New Orleans are worth a hoot.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hope this works out for the Pelicans and Gentry and that Boogie gets into the playoffs. Would be great if they could knock out the Brons. Anyone but his face and the Warriors smug *****.

Sorry for slin that he has to put up with Bender.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Divac is incompetent and Ranadivé is the most bumbling, meddling owner in sports. He is like a mix of Mr Magoo and 1980s George Steinbrenner.

I don't know how many of you saw the video from the 2014 draft where he makes it clear to management that he wants "Stauskas?... Stauskas... STAUSKAS!" despite the cringing faces the rest of the people in the room make at the start of the conversation... but eventually the guy writing the checks turns them all into yes-men.