Gambo: Possible Cousins to suns

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's debateable, proven in nba vs not, but even if it is we trade bledsoe for real value, not trash.

It's not really. By all accounts Ball is the best pure PG to come along in a long time. He's being compared to Jason Kidd.

Dude Bledsoe is not special. Adding another 1 is not trash

Ball, Booker, Warren, Chris, Bender all still just kids and potential 6 first round draft picks over the next 3-4 years that's insane

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not really. By all accounts Ball is the best pure PG to come along in a long time. He's being compared to Jason Kidd.

Dude Bledsoe is not special. Adding another 1 is not trash

Ball, Booker, Warren, Chris, Bender all still just kids and potential 6 first round draft picks over the next 3-4 years that's insane

First round picks in the 20 are trash.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Divac got pennies on the dollar for this deal, and will likely be terminated as a result. However, If Boogie doesn't re-sign with New Orleans and decides to sign with a known contender, then it would be a disaster for them, as well.

That's the only way I can forgive McD for not swinging a deal, particularly with better assets to offer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo Ball and Booker is a much better back court

The Suns are going to have trouble staying in the #2 slot. They need to trade assets to have a chance from moving too much further up in the draft. I'm sure the Lakers will be looking at trades.

TJ

Reaction score
Or the Suns have their eye on another target.

I really think the Suns value their pick in the upcoming draft.

After essentially trading Dragic and Thomas for Knight, this statement frightens me.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After essentially trading Dragic and Thomas for Knight, this statement frightens me.

Not doing this deal tells me suns are staying the course, rebuilding with current youth and 2017 pick. McDonough is terrible at trades, but is good at drafting, so that's fine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Dragic trade was alright but the Knight and Thomas trades, not good at all. Could be one of the Suns worst trades.

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They really tried to tie in Knight with this deal. Dude has negative trade value

TJ

Reaction score
Not doing this deal tells me suns are staying the course, rebuilding with current youth and 2017 pick. McDonough is terrible at trades, but is good at drafting, so that's fine.

So far, Booker is the only great draft pick McD has made. Len stinks and Warren is average. I have my doubts about Bender, but maybe Chriss will be a solid pick.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

They really tried to tie in Knight with this deal. Dude has negative trade value

Like I said earlier, guess suns didn't want to give up the 2017 pick, based on the trash haul Sacramento got that as centerpiece probably could have got it done.

Interested to hear what gambo says was suns offer.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So far, Booker is the only great draft pick McD has made. Len stinks and Warren is average. I have my doubts about Bender, but maybe Chriss will be a solid pick.

Getting the franchises two guard in the middle of the draft is pretty good. Lens entire draft was garbage, Warren in the middle of the draft is again good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If McDonough could have esentially traded Knight for Cousins there will have been clapping in the streets.

:clapping:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Dragic trade was alright but the Knight and Thomas trades, not good at all. Could be one of the Suns worst trades.

Yeah well we had too many pg's and the shorter not as good one was making noise about it. I dont think Thomas would ever start over Bledsoe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah but Cousins isn't worth near as much if he's not locked in long term. We arnt hearing anything on that.
What the Pelicans traded for Cousins was hardly anything.

It was worth matching that kind of offer even if Cousins walks.

Right now, even if Cousins leaves New Orleans as UFA, not a single person anywhere will blame NO for trading him since it was a low risk since they barely gave up anything of value (Hield and that's it).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah well we had too many pg's and the shorter not as good one was making noise about it. I dont think Thomas would ever start over Bledsoe.

I think McDonough was caught off guard by Dragic demanding a trade. Anyway, I hope McDonough got these type trades (Knight/IT) out of his system.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think McDonough was caught off guard by Dragic demanding a trade. Anyway, I hope McDonough got these type trades (Knight/IT) out of his system.

The Thomas trade ticked me off the most but McD was in a bad situation and probably panicked.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What the Pelicans traded for Cousins was hardly anything.

It was worth matching that kind of offer even if Cousins walks.

Right now, even if Cousins leaves New Orleans as UFA, not a single person anywhere will blame NO for trading him since it was a low risk since they barely gave up anything of value (Hield and that's it).

I'm not interested in Cousins at all unless he's locked in long term...

TJ

Reaction score
LOL the first rounder is Top 3 protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't we still deal with the pelicans for Cousins this summer?...lol

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL the first rounder is Top 3 protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's baffling someone like vivek can make a billion dollar company, but seems to be legit brain dead as an owner.

Only value in pick is hitting a top 3, otherwise pelicans likely in playoffs.

Not sure how legit @Carmichaeldave is, seems to be local sac host, saying kings were considering lakers and suns too?

Apparently vivek thinks buddy heild is big time. What can you do when dealing with a moron. He though nick stauskas was gonna be great. This might be the legit worst organization in sports