Gambo says JJ is in the mix for McGrady

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The simple question: What lineup would you rather see?

Barbosa
Johnson
Marion
Amare
Lampe, McDyess?

Or:

Nash
McGrady
Zarko
Amare
Lampe, McDyess?

I like lineup #2, if only slightly more than #1.

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
The simple question: What lineup would you rather see?

Barbosa
Johnson
Marion
Amare
Lampe, McDyess?

Or:

Nash
McGrady
Zarko
Amare
Lampe, McDyess?

I like lineup #2, if only slightly more than #1.

I'm not necessarily in favor of signing Steve Nash, but I honestly would rather have

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson
Shawn Marion
a center
Amare Stoudemire

Joe Mama

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
Get McGrady...who cares if joe is out!! Let's stack the lineup..Nash, Amare, McGrady and who care who the other two are...POWER!~!! Make it happen Suns.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
And you think that if Orlando had another star on their team with Amare's ability his stats wouldnt have declined.

A post presence should only make it easier for TMac and draw some defensive attention away from him instead of bein double and tripled on the perimeter all the time.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you there. That lineup, in theory, should be NICE. I just dont know though. When you have a chance to land a superstar and STILL have enough cap room to get Nash and possible a starting center it's hard to turn it down.

Could we still afford a center after picking up nash?

Joe Mama said:
I'm not necessarily in favor of signing Steve Nash, but I honestly would rather have

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson
Shawn Marion
a center
Amare Stoudemire

Joe Mama

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way, Steve Nash is far from a sure thing. I mean the Phoenix Suns are going to be bidding against Mark Cuban for his services. I'm not so sure that's a great idea. The Suns may get the deal, but they will likely be paying too much.

Joe Mama

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
slinslin said:
A post presence should only make it easier for TMac and draw some defensive attention away from him instead of bein double and tripled on the perimeter all the time.

Except that he wouldnt get the same 24-26 shots a game he is taking now... I bet if we break down the stats and give JJ the same number of shots McGrady is taking his numbers would be very similar and he is a better defender. Dont get me wrong I think McGrady is a much better player as an individual, but I dont think he is a great team player and I dont think he is better than Marion, Johnson, and the #7 pick. I have to admit I liked watching the Pistons play as a team and watch a bunch of Indivduals, the Lakers, Implode. and i think McGrady is the same type of individual...JMO

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
I have to admit I liked watching the Pistons play as a team and watch a bunch of Indivduals, the Lakers, Implode. and i think McGrady is the same type of individual...JMO

What is your reason for this assessment?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Either way, Steve Nash is far from a sure thing. I mean the Phoenix Suns are going to be bidding against Mark Cuban for his services. I'm not so sure that's a great idea. The Suns may get the deal, but they will likely be paying too much.

Joe Mama

Joe what would you think of this lineup?

Dice/Thomas/Voshkul
Amare/Lampe
TMac/Zarko
Bowen/Jacobsen/Person
Fisher/Barbosa

That looks pretty nice even if the suns would get none of the premium FAs.

Would you rather give up Marion, Johnson and Barbosa or Marion, Johnson and #7?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson
Shawn Marion
a center
Amare Stoudemire

Joe Mama

All along I've thought that signing Okur and Nash would be putrid mainly because I view them both as role players. If the Suns traded Marion and JJ for McGrady and jettisoned Eisley and the #7 for a sack of magic beans they'd have a mint to spend:

how about:

Okur
Amare
TMac
Nash
and how about Bowen?

Or go shopping for your own favs with the $20 million.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
Except that he wouldnt get the same 24-26 shots a game he is taking now... I bet if we break down the stats and give JJ the same number of shots McGrady is taking his numbers would be very similar and he is a better defender. Dont get me wrong I think McGrady is a much better player as an individual, but I dont think he is a great team player and I dont think he is better than Marion, Johnson, and the #7 pick. I have to admit I liked watching the Pistons play as a team and watch a bunch of Indivduals, the Lakers, Implode. and i think McGrady is the same type of individual...JMO

Wouldn't TMac stay in his hometown Orlando if he just wanted to be the man and play on his own agenda?

From all accounts TMac isn't a selfish player and actually wants to pass. His teammates couldn't make a shot in Orlando.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
How about forget Nash, pick up Derek Fisher (Good D, can feed the post and drop a 3 once in a while)???

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
What is your reason for this assessment?

Reason for this is that when I watch McGrady play he doesnt play with a team first concept. He reminds me of what we saw with Kobe in the Finals, and he did the same thing Kobe did the year before when the Pistons came back to beat them in the opening round of the playoffs...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
How about forget Nash, pick up Derek Fisher (Good D, can feed the post and drop a 3 once in a while)???

And willing to play for the MLE or even less. When the Houston rumor was leaked it was assumed that Fisher would be interessted in going to Houston to play with TMac.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I kind of like Fisher, but why were his shooting percentages so poor last season? I mean they were really awful.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
Maybe because he didn't get the PT, he wants to start and he knows how to win. I remember Kerr saying they want an experienced PG. I jave a hard time thinking the SUns would draft a PG

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well at least he was shooting 40%FG in the playoffs and 42%3s against the defensive teams of Houston, San Antonio and Detroit.

Against Minnesota he shot 46%FG and 52%3s.

Shooting-wise he had a down season like that before in 99/00 already but recovered.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

Everybody keeps saying that this is a good deal to get McGrady because they still have all of this money to spend in free agency. I am saying that I would rather have Shawn Marion, JJ, and the draft pick (or whatever they can get with the draft pick) and all of that money in free
agency.

I couldn't agree more. Please no T-Mac, at least not at the reported trade demands.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And regardless if McGrady for Marion and whatever is fair talent wise.

Tracy McGrady will raise attendance and sell tickets. He sells jerseys, and gets national attention and will create a new buzz about the Suns. Something that has been lacking since Barkley.

If the Suns start winning again on top of all that... AWA should be rocking again.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
slinslin said:
And regardless if McGrady for Marion and whatever is fair talent wise.

Tracy McGrady will raise attendance and sell tickets. He sells jerseys, and gets national attention and will create a new buzz about the Suns. Something that has been lacking since Barkley.

If the Suns start winning again on top of all that... AWA should be rocking again.

Amare will create plenty of buzz and sell plenty of jerseys, he can and will create all of that, especially with his olympic experience and not being out a good portion of the year with a injury... just wait till he gets some international competition and world wide attention this summer...

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

I was thinking today, what if Dallas caves and sends Dirk to LA for Shaq. Nash is Dirk's best friend, and it might make it easier to leave Dallas if he isn't there. I guess it would be hard leaving Shaq though. Just an idea.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I was thinking today, what if Dallas caves and sends Dirk to LA for Shaq. Nash is Dirk's best friend, and it might make it easier to leave Dallas if he isn't there. I guess it would be hard leaving Shaq though. Just an idea.
But leaving Shaq to join Amare and TMac in the city where you have lived before and your parents are still living in your house? ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake