Game Thread - Suns @ Lakers - Sunday April 30, 2006 **12:30 pm**

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It was amazing how the refs made Steve "two-time MVP" Nash miss at least NINE straight shots on open looks !!

:rolleyes:

Who is the moderator here? Do we even have one? I don't care if Nash misses shots. The fact is the refs won't call foul shots when Nash had the ball and Laker was CLEARLY hacking everything. I can let go of the first hack on Nash since Nash didn't have the ball close to him but you can't tell me the second time that wasn't a foul.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Hey, Mike - grow up.
even as a laker fan you have to admit that the jump ball call was pretty lame

jibikao

Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I've never seen such horrible sh*t calling in my life...that was a f-ing joke...he clearly gets hacked at the end, the ref is standing there watching...the REF KNOWS LA needs to foul, and he puts the whistle in his pocket...

I've never been so mad...we had this game won twice...

That's why NBA is fixed. We were up BOTH times and Laker NEEDS to foul. WE both had the ball and the refs just won't call. The second time is probably the WORST in NBA history.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It was amazing how the refs made Steve "two-time MVP" Nash miss at least NINE straight shots on open looks !!

Get the Fuc off this board right now you piece of sht

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I just hope this team sacs up and plays as hard in game 5. No pressure anymore Marion, Diaw and Barbosa should dominate.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You have to admit, though, for anyone who isn't a Suns fan, the game was extremely entertaining. The league knows exactly what it's doing.

The Suns have not learned Rule #1 of playoff basketball, which is, "Commit a foul on every play, because eventually the officials will get bored with calling them, and then you can start getting away with all sorts of cool stuff." It isn't the Lakers' fault that they're the only team on the floor that understands this rule.

I wish I hadn't watched, but I guess it's good that I did, just so I could see it for myself. Let's hope that this early elimination gives the Suns a lot of anger to stew over during the summer. They could use it.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Nothing is fixed.....

The official put himself in a bad position to make a call, which is his fault. Chalk this one up to human ineptitude

Are you serious? Thats an obvious fouling situation and the guys were slapping him left and right. He was 5 feet away! Every camera angle shows multiple fouls.

The NBA is the same as it always has been. Kobe is the name they want in the next round, and he plays in LA.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm done. I want the last 3 hours of my life back.

Screw you Lakers and their troll fans, enjoy your preferential treatment.
Suns, go home, play golf, see you next season.

What a ****ing joke this league is.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
Screw PLAYING hard in game 5. Start FOULING hard!!! Time for payback. Put in the Hanson brothers. This is horseshiite!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
offset said:
even as a laker fan you have to admit that the jump ball call was pretty lame

It was and Luke Walton held James Jones at the end of regulation too.

NBA officiating sucks, I've never said it didn't.

You've basically got to try and build a big lead and keep the game from being decided by the refs. If any of Nash's open misses went in - game over Suns win.

jibikao

Reaction score
elindholm said:
You have to admit, though, for anyone who isn't a Suns fan, the game was extremely entertaining. The league knows exactly what it's doing.

The Suns have not learned Rule #1 of playoff basketball, which is, "Commit a foul on every play, because eventually the officials will get bored with calling them, and then you can start getting away with all sorts of cool stuff." It isn't the Lakers' fault that they're the only team on the floor that understands this rule.

I wish I hadn't watched, but I guess it's good that I did, just so I could see it for myself. Let's hope that this early elimination gives the Suns a lot of anger to stew over during the summer. They could use it.

Yeah, for Laker it's entertainment, for us, it's torture.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
This was a horrible game to watch.......this game reminded me of the Kings Lakers game a few years back!
:mad:

bratwurst

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
You've basically got to try and build a big lead and keep the game from being decided by the refs. If any of Nash's open misses went in - game over Suns win.

Wow this is a hell of an advertisement for the NBA. They should make this into 30 second prime time spots on ESPN!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
it's like i said on another thread - NBA and ABC got what they want.
NOBODY that CLAIMS they are a Cardinal fan should be a L Gay Lakers fan - go die, F******.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
abomb said:
Take that crybaby Suns fans! Cry some more. Cry about the refs. Cry about Marion crapping the bed. Cry about your "MVP" not getting calls. Whatever. 3-1 crybabies.

A-Bomb

What are you? 13? What kind of immature little ***** comes to a board and talks trash after a team gets screwed 2 games in a row?

Just like Brian, you need to go away too....idiot.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
KloD said:
I'm done. I want the last 3 hours of my life back.

Screw you Lakers and their troll fans, enjoy your preferential treatment.
Suns, go home, play golf, see you next season.

What a ****ing joke this league is.

And people wondered why I stopped watching

The league is unwatchable anymore. I didn't even watch the game and knew what was going to happen

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
abomb said:
Take that crybaby Suns fans! Cry some more. Cry about the refs. Cry about Marion crapping the bed. Cry about your "MVP" not getting calls. Whatever. 3-1 crybabies.

A-Bomb
Seriously, as a whole, no one cries about the refs more than PHX fans.

The Lakers are making the plays and Phoenix isn't. Jackson is outcoaching D'Antoni. Odom is outplaying PHX by himself.

That's why it's 3-1. Anyone can cherry-pick foul calls and blame the refereeing for a loss. If PHX passes the ball inbounds at the end of the 4th then they win. Did the refs steal the ball too or was that Smush and Kobe making amazing plays?

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It was and Luke Walton held James Jones at the end of regulation too.

NBA officiating sucks, I've never said it didn't.

This the LAMEST argument ever. Can somebody please kick him out? There are miss shots in the end and there are something called FOUL SHOTS in the end which the refs won't give.

jibikao

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

The league is unwatchable anymore. I didn't even watch the game and knew what was going to happen

You didn't watch? Oh, you should. This is the classic robbery in the end.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:

We used to get manhandled by Detroit (Bad Boys era). They'd push us around and not get called, but as soon as we tried doing the same - whistles blew. Showtime was a running team not known for being physical, sort of like the Suns right now.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Seriously, as a whole, no one cries about the refs more than PHX fans.

The Lakers are making the plays and Phoenix isn't. Jackson is outcoaching D'Antoni. Odom is outplaying PHX by himself.

That's why it's 3-1. Anyone can cherry-pick foul calls and blame the refereeing for a loss.

Please....DID YOU NOT SEE KOBE WHINE TO THE REFS THE ENTIRE GAME?

STop this BS crap about SUNS fans whining...EVERYONE WHINES...and KOBE WHINED ALL FREAKING GAME...

bratwurst

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

I watched the last five minutes, that was more than enough.

I used to watch 3 games a night on league pass, I'm not sure I could stomach that much anymore. Is viewership climbing in the NBA?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Shut the **** up, seriously. Can you find nothing better to do than troll?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05