Getting a Grip on Q's Hip

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly? It's more of a basketball term at least as I've heard it my whole life.

I don't know the history of it though.

I do know that Spaghetti is freaking fantastic and you have lost your marbles on that topic. Borderline impeachable offense. I barely trust you with your non-duties.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, unlike you, you know I won't be woofing down pasta when I'm supposed to be doing some sort of hospital ribbon-cutting or a ship launch or something.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, unlike you, you know I won't be woofing down pasta when I'm supposed to be doing some sort of hospital ribbon-cutting or a ship launch or something.

Whatever, a big meal of fettucini alfredo is a perfect meal minutes before you run a 5K. Or did you not know that?

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Urban's Blog

He is saying Q and Levi didn't practice again and therefore likely wont play but he will update later.

Last edited:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I think you all are looking at this wrong. Shipp is a package that hasn't been played yet. Like the ML and KW thingy but different.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He is saying Q and Levi didn't practice again and therefore likely wont't play but he will update later.

Bummer! Got to get the Q healthy. We'll need him in DC, and Levi also.

Even if Q was only healthy enuf for the 3-receiver sets, it would be massively helpful.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
3 TD's from the 1 yard line in 1 game last year?

And if he was the most complete back then why does JJ have more touches and is the main blocking RB after Edge on passing downs. JJ has played in 50% more snaps then Shipp. That doesnt exactly scream most complete backup RB to me.

You must be registered for see images attach
TD7:22Marcel Shipp 1 Yd Run (Neil Rackers Kick)
Drive: 13 plays, 90 yds, 7:2270
FG13:58Jeff Wilkins 27 Yd
Drive: 13 plays, 64 yds, 6:3673SECOND QUARTERARISTL
TD9:11Larry Fitzgerald 11 Yd Pass From Matt Leinart (Neil Rackers Kick)
Drive: 4 plays, 50 yds, 2:38143
FG14:42Neil Rackers 23 Yd
Drive: 6 plays, 29 yds, 1:33173THIRD QUARTERARISTL
TD2:46Torry Holt 15 Yd Pass From Marc Bulger (Jeff Wilkins Kick)
Drive: 6 plays, 62 yds, 2:461710
TD12:50Marcel Shipp 6 Yd Run (Neil Rackers Kick)
Drive: 10 plays, 88 yds, 4:032410FOURTH QUARTERARISTL
FG0:30Jeff Wilkins 37 Yd
Drive: 7 plays, 55 yds, 2:402413
TD6:46Marcel Shipp 9 Yd Run (Neil Rackers Kick)
Drive: 4 plays, 19 yds, 2:133113
FG13:03Neil Rackers 20 Yd
Drive: 9 plays, 34 yds, 4:383413
TD14:25Isaac Bruce 1 Yd Pass From Marc Bulger (Jeff Wilkins Kick)
Drive: 10 plays, 62 yds, 1:223420

Joe-

You did make a good point on Milligan. My hypothetical 14 6th rounder scenerio is merely to point out that trading depth is not wise.

It's clear that you are not a Shipp fan. I am. While my son was autograph-hounding at the team bus at the Rams game last weekend, I was talking to a Cards PR guy, and and guy wearing a Rackers jersey (who I assumed to be Neil's Dad, since they were hanging out before the team bus left.) Both were very clear that Marcel is highly respected on the team and by Wiz, and that prior to training camp, there was some question about how Edge was going to respond to the new system, and Marcel was clearly in the picture for getting a lot of carries. Obviously, that has changed with Edge's performance, but going to Marcel as a second option would not bother this team at all. Dumping him, or any good depth palyer, for a 6th rounder, is not going to happen.

JJ has more touches b/c he is the 3rd down back, and Marcel is the backup RB, as Pariah pointed out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Shipp and Arrington, but know this....they both played a role in our victory over the RAms.

What???

Thats right. Shipp had a nice 12-15 yard run on a draw that set up our first fg and JJ had the 27 yard screen that help us score right before the half.

Good teams have a roster of players that have a role. Whiz has laid out their role and they are doing what is asked of them. I'm sure both would love to be playing more.
For the record , if anything happens to Edge, I want Shipp to be our main guy.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not that it would explain the amount of carries in the first 3 games but he took a hell of a hit against the Steelers and may have still been sore for the Rams game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser