A must win if ever there was one.
Protect the nest!
Go Cards!

:newcards:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in a previous thread, since the Cards seem to play in a version of the Bizzaro NFL I'm going to predict a big win for us.

Cards: 35
Giants: 20

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these are the kind of games we usually win but this year we dissapoint 27-17

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
This is the game that they finally find a pair and squeek out a 24-21 victory!!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A must win if ever there was one.
Protect the nest!
Go Cards!

:newcards:

I really do not know how anyone could realistically forecast a win for the Cards after the fiasco in Seattle. I will no give a score but a loss by 10 points seems likely to me. I have not seen the Vegas line but it surely must be 7-9 points Giants. The only possible hope might be Wells coming back and being able to run.

The best way to protect our QB is out of the gun or a no huddle offense which Mitch covered rather well. Kolb seems like a smart guy and with some experience should be able to run a no huddle offense. The Colts have done amazingly well using this but they had an offensive genius at QB just like we had with Warner. I knew we would really go down after Warner left but just how much he meant to our offense is immeasurable. I thought Whiz statement about us making to many mistakes in the no huddle in the first half was totally dumb. Even the announcers wondered why we left an offense that seemed to be working.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27-20 cardinals

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cards have at UofP the second-best home field advantage in the NFL. The path to victory lies in getting ahead early (no small task for this offense), and then capitalizing on Eli Manning's occasional ******. The Giants tend to not lose close games--their pass rush is too good and their offense can grind teams. They tend to lose high-scoring affairs.

New York Giants - 17
Arizona Cardinals - 28

If the Cards get down two scores and the crowd (which I expect fully to be 30% or more Giants fans) gets out of the game, it'll get ugly, 2010-style. But if the Cards can get up, I don't expect Kolb or Beanie to throw this one away. Our defense CAN capitalize if the opposition starts to get antsy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cards have had early leads in all 3 games this year.

Two-score leads. A 3-point lead is completely meaningless, and a 7-point lead nearly so. I could really care less who scores first if what's going to matter in the 4th quarter is who scores last.

As far as I know, the Cards have never had nor allowed a 2-score lead in their first two games. I'm interested in seeing what happens with both the offense and defense when they do.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 - 19 Giants

Cards play for FGs instead of touchdowns and it costs them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It all depends on whether Beanie plays or not. If Beanie is out, the Giants will tee off on Kolb (similar to what the Seahawks did). If Beanie plays, the Giants will have to somewhat respect the run & give our passing game some opportunities.

With Beanie 24
Gints 17

Without Beanie 13
Gints 20

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eli Manning's occasional ******.

:lmao:

I get those too occasionally!

30-13 Giants

It will be either one of those games where the score doesn't show how close it is (i.e. the Giants score late in the 4th to put the game out of reach) or one of those games where losing by 17 might as well be losing by 40.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27-17 Cards

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can't tell if the fans are just really down, or we're having a group reverse-jinx here.

The Giants aren't that good, and they're coming off the biggest win that they'll probably have this season.

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
I would just for once would like a win that dident come down to the forth quarter .... hay we were the last team to shut out the giants 20-0

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
When the cards do win a game it ALLWAYS has to come down to the forth quarter it would be nice to win a game by oh 2 or 3 tds for a change hay we were the last team to shut out the giants 20-0

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if the fans are just really down, or we're having a group reverse-jinx here.

The Giants aren't that good, and they're coming off the biggest win that they'll probably have this season.

Great dline vs our crappy OTs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they just won a road game by two touchdowns and their previous game they led by 19 points in the fourth quarter. they may not be very good, but they're a hell of a lot better than we are IMO. That + the sting of last week's game still sitting in our mouth's = pessimism.

for some reason, i think we have a shot, but won't be shocked if we get our door blown in.