"GM for the day" Poll:Who would you like to spend the TPE on??

Statmaster

Reaction score
Assumptions:
1) Sarver says you can spend up to the maximum of the KT TPE = $8.19mil.
2) LT is still a "big deal" but if you "get your guy"....you have the green light to spend up to the $8.19.
3) There has to be a chance that the other team would actually consider trading the player to the Suns....a financial incentive for them and/or a position "log-jam". For example...I'd love David Lee/Knicks at $990K....but no way that ever happens...player is too good and still on a rookie contract. Sonics I think have log-jam of bigs.
4) You might as well rule out recently re-signed guys like Mcdyess,Hayes, etc.
5) You can go for any position you want....but if it isn't an interior player...please explain why that player would make us that much better as a team and would be the best use of the $.

Some possibilities:
Drew Gooden - $6.45
Najera ---$4.95
TT -$5.63
S. Hunter - $3.25
Jeff Foster - $5.5
Etan Thomas $6.37 (+ trade kicker$ ??)
B. Haywood - $5.0
M. Blount -$7.66
Collison - $5.75
Wilcox - $6.3
Pryzbilla - $5.76
S.Swift - $5.80
Gadzuric - $5.75
Mohammed - $5.63
Maggette - $7.0
Kenny Thomas - $7.88
R. Evans - $4.3

These are most of the group that might fit the criteria....but it's your pick!

Pick your favorite player and why do you think this guy is the best use of the $$$??? Also, can you explain why the other team might be willing to do the deal??

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is complete mental masturbation because Sarver will never take on payroll for any of these guys.

Why would you give up TWO first round picks to dump $8 million dollars in payroll, then turn around and add it back again?

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
I will take Gooden or Wilcox. They will fit our style and provide us with some big atheltic bodies that can play.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd use the trade exception to trade for Kurt Thomas since it matches his salary. He would be an excellent fit on the Suns. He has an awesome shot and is an amazing rebounder. NO BRAINER

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing to consider is who might be obtained in February. At that point, teams know if they have any chance to get into the playoffs and are inclined to unload veterans.

My fantasy deal would be to get Mourning. At $2.76 million, he's not outrageously expensive and is the kind of warrior I'd like to have when going against the Spurs.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
This'll end up being just like the JJ trade exception acquired from Atlanta.

In other words, they'll use a small portion on some guy like James Jones and let the rest expire. Granted they let the TE expire in the face of knowing KT and Amare would not be available for the POs.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wilcox.... A front Court of Amare and Wilcox would be freakin sick....

Too bad there is NO WAY IN HELL that Seattle trades him.. especially for a draft pick..

I think the same can be said about gooden, Especially if they loose Varajo, they are not letting Gooden Go either....

I am still in the hopes that we use this TE at the Trade deadline to facilitate a deal in a three team trade, with a couple draft picks sent our way (which we would probabaly sell anyway, but I can dream can't I) in this next years draft.....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd use the trade exception to trade for Kurt Thomas since it matches his salary. He would be an excellent fit on the Suns. He has an awesome shot and is an amazing rebounder. NO BRAINER

Yes, but the Suns would now have to give up the Atlanta pick to get him back.

:sarcasm:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05