Going out on a limb

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards will finish 3-2 by the break, and then will make a push for the playoffs. Yes its pushing it, but some of the teams that are 2-0 are pretenders and on the other side of the coin, some teams will turn it around by adjustments and gelling together as a whole.

The Q coming back for game 6 is still questionable but he will return. If the Cards can contain the run, our defense will be much improved over last year.

The last two games were winnable due to our defense in the red zone. Yes I seen the games, and the Cards seemed outmatched because they aren't on the same page, but not for long.

Green will get the 0-line in order and give us an offense we can build on.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
black said:
If the Cards can contain the run, our defense will be much improved over last year.

That's a big if. Hope you're right about DG getting the OL in check cause they looked like crap last week.

I think the Cards can beat SF, but I'm not so sure about NO and Atlanta.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
black said:
The Cards will finish 3-2 by the break, and then will make a push for the playoffs. Yes its pushing it, but some of the teams that are 2-0 are pretenders and on the other side of the coin, some teams will turn it around by adjustments and gelling together as a whole.

The Q coming back for game 6 is still questionable but he will return. If the Cards can contain the run, our defense will be much improved over last year.

The last two games were winnable due to our defense in the red zone. Yes I seen the games, and the Cards seemed outmatched because they aren't on the same page, but not for long.

For me this game is pivotal, (at least in seeing how much we have grown since last year)... It will show us a lot... Greens ability to adjust (even though I don't think they had a horrendous game, he was apparently upset with positions and assignments). The continuing starters performances (I think it is obvious that everyone feels that the jobs they have are in jeopardy). The cards ability to play, primarily, a one dimensional team...

Time to watch and see... A bad day of Cardinals football is better than no Cardinals Football at all...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
black said:

:lmao:

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
black said:

Black, I don't know what you are smoking but it must be some really good stuff. I've looked at the Cards schedule and I don't see too many wins on the horizon. I think it is safe to say that the Cards will be picking in the top 5 again next year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Q's return is also directly connected to the record of the team. If we're 0-5 at the bye, he probably doesn't come back until he's 100%, if we're 3-2 he might try to get back earlier seeing a chance at a playoff berth.

I think the team will be overly cautious if our record is bad, bring him back slower so he's 100% next year.

Would love to be 3-2 AND get Quan back after the bye.

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I think Q's return is also directly connected to the record of the team. If we're 0-5 at the bye, he probably doesn't come back until he's 100%, if we're 3-2 he might try to get back earlier seeing a chance at a playoff berth.

I think the team will be overly cautious if our record is bad, bring him back slower so he's 100% next year.

I agree if the Cards are out of the playoff race do not rush Q's return. If the Cards are 3-2 at the break you can order your playoff tickets, but that is a huge IF.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
Black, I don't know what you are smoking but it must be some really good stuff. I've looked at the Cards schedule and I don't see too many wins on the horizon. I think it is safe to say that the Cards will be picking in the top 5 again next year.

I've looked at the Cards Roster and I don't see too many wins on the horizon.

Over the horizon, after another Green draft with a top 5 selection maybe the #1 overall, could be some good seasons.

I still have the feeling they're going 1-15.

BUT:

We'll Be Back!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

I suspect you are probably right Russ, but one of the things that I'm not forgetting that maybe a few people are is the fact that I think a good case can be made that neither Quan nor King should be sitting on the injured list in the first place. I think both of those injuries were somewhat "preventable" and a result of them being forced to do things that they shouldn't have been, which resulted in the problems that put them on the list.

If there's any way Quan's playing can make Denny Green look better, I'm willing to bet you'll see a little caution thrown to the wind to get him on the field.....just like before.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
black said:

I'd take 2-3 going into the break -- No questions asked. I'd be happy with that, considering everything -- ecstatic :D

OP
OP
black

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just wait and see fellas, you'll be praising my predictions Monday. You guys need to have faith. (I'm crossing my fingers)

seesred

Reaction score
I have said this before as well. I think we win Sunday and then beat up on NO and get by 49rs. Yes it is possible, and this game is the key one. When we win Sunday we be on a role.

GBR

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05