Golden state @ Dallas

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive the mavs would win 3 in a row from a team that has beat them 8 of the last 10 times.

The Mavs regular season record (not counting the Warriors) was very impressive. They are big, have some good shooters, and have depth. Usually they have a good defense.

One of the problems the Mavs have is that they rely on mismatches too much. In the Warrriors, they are playing a team where the smallest opponent is 6'3" 215 (Baron). The Mavs shot only 43.8% from the field due to hitting just 9 of 25 three pointers and not getting a lot of layups.

On the flip side, the Mavs vaunted defense is getting sliced up and the Mavs have been fouling a lot. The Warriors took 37 foul shots and if they had connected on more than 24, it would have been a blowout.

But the Warriors hit only 12 of 37 three pointers. It seems likely the Mavs will try to pack the paint and hope the Warriors stay cold from beyond the arc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... i read that the first time as "they rely on mustaches too much." awesome.

Yes and Baron's beard will beat any Mavs mustache 1 on 1.

Last edited:

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
This whole things about the Mavs depth...I dont' get it. Who exactly is their depth? Jerry Stackhouse and who?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only did the suns come back because of their fight and growth, but also their INSANE luck.

The only reason we won that series was thanks to Tim Thomas's shot in game 6

And Lamar Odom's failure to secure a rebound off his hands that led to TT's shot.

Djaughe

Reaction score
This whole things about the Mavs depth...I dont' get it. Who exactly is their depth? Jerry Stackhouse and who?
You must be registered for see images

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that a team that has won 17 in a row before (among other double digit stretches) is surely capable of stringing together 3 simple wins, even if it is against a team that gives them trouble. If the Suns were down 3-1 would you quit on them? I doubt you did last year and I see no reason to quit on the Mavs this year. Mavs in 7. :)

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that a team that has won 17 in a row before (among other double digit stretches) is surely capable of stringing together 3 simple wins, even if it is against a team that gives them trouble. If the Suns were down 3-1 would you quit on them? I doubt you did last year and I see no reason to quit on the Mavs this year. Mavs in 7. :)

i applaud your optimism. i would be the same way in your shoes. even now, i don't think it's a given that golden state will win (although i do think it's likely).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First off no win is simple.....especially against Golden State in this series. Second, GS is no Lakers squad. Aside from Kobe, nobody on the Lakers scared the Suns last year. The situation with GS is a little different simply because the GSW owned the Mavs this season and have so far in the playoffs.

I don't think anybody is telling Mavs fans to give up on their team. However, considering only 8 teams in history have come back from 3-1 and the GS success against the Mavs, things look very bad.

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...regular season winning streaks don't mean much in the playoffs.

Even if one wants to count the three regular season losses that the Warriors dealt the Mavs - the fact is that the mavs are in a tailspin having lost 7 of their last 8 playoff games.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that would have made this series better would be if Scottie Pippen had come back out of retirement to play for the Mavericks on their championship run. How hilarious would that have been?

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Congratulations Djaughe,
I take it you did this?
I use coral and photoshop and blend pics and they come out great, but whoever did this did a fantastic job!! To blend his head in this so good without being able to see any signs or blurs is really something!

Did you use photoshop or coral or?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Congratulations Djaughe,
I take it you did this?
I use coral and photoshop and blend pics and they come out great, but whoever did this did a fantastic job!! To blend his head in this so good without being able to see any signs or blurs is really something!

Did you use photoshop or coral or?
Nope nope - Can't take credit for that one. I found it while googling "cuban sad".

The others like the titanic one - I photochopped.

This one from last year is still my favorite (after the suns were down 3-1 against the lakers).

attachment.php

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
I still think Dallas can win the series. They will win Game 5 and then game 6 GS will get super cautious and anything can happen.

Dallas controlled most of game 4, only a superhuman effort from Baron and some big breaks got them over the line. Its a game Dallas should have won.

As much as i want them to be beaten... badly! My gut feeling tells me somehow they will come back like we did last year.

Fingers crossed they don't!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The Mavs were ahead virtually the entire game. If they had won, I'd say there would be a 75% chance of the Mavs winning the series. In losing this game, the Mavs last vestage of "invincibility" is gone.

The Mavs COULD win the next three games, but you have to wonder if AJ is the guy to turn the Mavs attitude around. The Warriors are simply playing harder and it is unnerving the Mavs.
You could see a defeated man's look on Avery's face during post-game media session. He is counting on a "frenzied" crowd to carry them... they did not look that frenzied in game 2 when the series was still alive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05