How has Joe Thomas performed so far??

Westgate Danimal

Nest Protector
Reaction score
Wrong draft. I think that DJ is right. Cutler would have been our man and we would be gnashing and weeping about "what if" we had gotten Leinart. Out of the surprise picks before Leinart (Huff, Whitner & Simms) I think that the only guy that we may have taken was Simms.

In Leinart's draft I really liked Huff. haven't heard a whole lot about him, but he was supposed to be a super stud. Also, what about VD?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't know. As much as Vernon Davis was a combine stud, he hasn't really performed or stayed healthy. Not really that much to get excited about. The Card's don't seem to throw to the TE much anyway.

Westgate Danimal

Nest Protector
Reaction score
I don't know. As much as Vernon Davis was a combine stud, he hasn't really performed or stayed healthy. Not really that much to get excited about. The Card's don't seem to throw to the TE much anyway.

Do you think that is because we don't want to throw to the TE or is it because we don't have a TE that can catch and be a force?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love it when people can't admit they're wrong so they resort to pointing out spelling errors rather than respond in the conversation. and my apologies on being educated in French. ;)

I made my points, others have made there's. Unlike some, I can appreciate and satisfy myself with a simple point-counterpoint: Don't have a burning need to be right, just better informed. (something certainly lost on you!)

Try "condolences" and your point might make unilingual sense... ;)

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a lot of talk about Ernie Sims being drafted by the Cards last year. I think we would've taken Cutler over Sims though.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In Leinart's draft I really liked Huff. haven't heard a whole lot about him, but he was supposed to be a super stud...

I was surprised that Michael Huff went as high as he did as I always thought he was the 4th best of the dbs from Texas drafted over the last two years: Huff, Cedric Griffin, Michael Griffin, and Aaron Ross. But Huff is playing decent football for Oakland. Not a super playmaker but a serviceable guy who could start at S for them for years.

What's amazing is that with those guys in the secondary Texas' defense couldn't stop anybody with a half way decent passing game.