How Long Before A Move Is Made?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this rumored but I just have this feeling we're going to make a play for Chandler Parsons. I'm not in love with the idea but I think they're going to try and fix our spacing problem one way or the other.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would the Suns pay three point guards a combined $35 million, more than half of the projected cap? Would they let Dragic walk away for nothing?

The answer to both questions is "probably not," which is why team executives across the league expect the Suns to trade one of the three. Some interviewed for this story said Thomas was the most likely candidate.

"I do think that they're going to look at it, [but] only if it makes them better," said another Western Conference executive.

Another anonymous GM said:

"It's now a question of leverage. Bledsoe is a great player but he is not irreplaceable and he has an injury history. That would tilt the odds in the Suns' favor. But the Suns were so close to the playoff picture last year, they don't want to get derailed with an awkward situation. So they would rather trade Bledsoe for a player they could use and move on."

"I think they signed him with the [thought] that they can move him and get something for him," a rival team executive added.

Right now, the missing piece for the Phoenix Suns is frontcourt depth. Among the three, Bledsoe has the highest value and the Suns might be able to acquire a quality starting big man for him.

This got me thinking...I'd like to see us pull out a trade for Joakim Noah. Chicago is actually really strong at the big man position with 3 good bigs and they need help in guard and forward areas.

I was thinking Bledsoe, Green, Suns top 5 protected 2014 first rd pick and maybe a lottery protected Suns 2016 first rd pick for Noah and fillers?

Noah would solve almost all our defensive and rebounding problems and we would finally have a guy who is recognized around the league as a defensive stud so players wouldn't take turns driving on us all game long.

Plus he's the best passing big man in the NBA...and passing is something the Suns definitely need help with also.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This got me thinking...I'd like to see us pull out a trade for Joakim Noah. Chicago is actually really strong at the big man position with 3 good bigs and they need help in guard and forward areas.

I was thinking Bledsoe, Green, Suns top 5 protected 2014 first rd pick and maybe a lottery protected Suns 2016 first rd pick for Noah and fillers?

Noah would solve almost all our defensive and rebounding problems and we would finally have a guy who is recognized around the league as a defensive stud so players wouldn't take turns driving on us all game long.

Plus he's the best passing big man in the NBA...and passing is something the Suns definitely need help with also.

When Banky Bruce sees this he's gonna explode.
I find it difficult to believe that the Bulls would trade one of the top 5 franchise centers in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players available:
Celtics - Rondo
Pistons - Jennings, Smith, Monroe
Suns - Dragic, Green, Plumlee, Thomas, Bledsoe
Timberwolves - Young, Williams
Hornets - Everyone except Davis, Holiday & Asik
Clippers - Buyers
Pacers - Hibbert, West
Nets - Williams, Johnson, Lopez
Nuggets - Everyone including Faried
Rockets - Buyers

I could easily see a lot of 3 - 4 team trades

I wish I could say there was a player on the list that I am desperate to have. The Suns need a player that can shoot and play defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a follow up. I didn't realize Rondo was under only $12,909,090 salary for this season and then he becomes a FA. His present salary is quite reasonable. Still I think Rondo will want at least Bledsoe type money when he becomes a FA.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When Banky Bruce sees this he's gonna explode.
I find it difficult to believe that the Bulls would trade one of the top 5 franchise centers in the league.

That's what I thought too but some Bulls fans actually feel differently. I posted this on a Bulls forum and one of the posters said that the Suns wouldn't do it because it's too much to give up for Noah.

Apparently their weary of Noah's health problems. But I think our training staff can fix him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Apparently the Mavericks are pushing to make a trade for Rondo. IMO, Bledsoe and Dragic give more bang for the money.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...t-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

Looks like the Mavs are offering Wright and picks.

I wish the Suns could have traded Dallas one of its 3 PGs for that same deal. Wright makes ton of sense for us plus 2 of our guards are locked into longer contracts so while they may not be as talented or skilled as Rondo, they may have just as much trade value, if not more, because of that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too but some Bulls fans actually feel differently. I posted this on a Bulls forum and one of the posters said that the Suns wouldn't do it because it's too much to give up for Noah.

Apparently their weary of Noah's health problems. But I think our training staff can fix him.

There's only so much a training staff can do. I see it this way. Noah is one of the best players in the league when healthy, no way is that enough value for him. Unless. And the unless is huge. If it's bone on bone and/or early arthritis as has been rumored, coupled with the heavy minutes he's played in his career, it's far too much to risk. I might take the gamble if he were truly the missing piece but with those assets gone, we'd be far less than Chicago has been with him. I don't see the up-side in making the deal.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Mavs are offering Wright and picks.

I wish the Suns could have traded Dallas one of its 3 PGs for that same deal. Wright makes ton of sense for us plus 2 of our guards are locked into longer contracts so while they may not be as talented or skilled as Rondo, they may have just as much trade value, if not more, because of that.

It still might be possible if the Suns were willing to trade with another Western Conference team. I'd be willing.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Lakers offering multiple picks and Nash for Rondo. I realize IT is not in the same league, but Dragic and Bledsoe have got to be worth at least as much as Rondo. Nice expiring contract and more picks. Perhaps we can talk them into substituting those picks for Hill or Randle? Nashy gets to retire a Sun as well.

EDIT: I realize additional pieces may be needed to make this work financially.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's only so much a training staff can do. I see it this way. Noah is one of the best players in the league when healthy, no way is that enough value for him. Unless. And the unless is huge. If it's bone on bone and/or early arthritis as has been rumored, coupled with the heavy minutes he's played in his career, it's far too much to risk. I might take the gamble if he were truly the missing piece but with those assets gone, we'd be far less than Chicago has been with him. I don't see the up-side in making the deal.

Steve

I think Noah's the big man we have been longing for. I think even with trading Bledsoe & possibly Green, we're still in good position with a guy like him. A core of Dragic, Noah and ton of cap space upcoming summer sounds good to me. Not to mention we would still have good role players like Kieff & perhaps IT. Plus still holding on to Warren & Ennis is huge.

I have no idea how bad his health is but the Warriors traded for Bogut when his health was in question and Bogut has been unreliable even during his time with the Warriors but I don't think the Warriors regret that trade even now.

And I think Noah is much more durable and better than Bogut also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers offering multiple picks and Nash for Rondo. I realize IT is not in the same league, but Dragic and Bledsoe have got to be worth at least as much as Rondo. Nice expiring contract and more picks. Perhaps we can talk them into substituting those picks for Hill or Randle? Nashy gets to retire a Sun as well.

EDIT: I realize additional pieces may be needed to make this work financially.

Just to play along, the Lakers would need to remove their protection on the 2015 draft pick. Hill is nothing special although he is the type player the Suns could use. In regard to Randle, it is way to early to tell. I think I would rather have the draft picks. If Nash could retire a Sun, this would be perfect.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would like to see the Suns cash in on their PGs like Danny Ainge is doing right now instead of holding on to all four of them.

Adrian Woj:
Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Dallas could have been a good trade partner for us with them needing what we have and them having what we need (Wright + picks).

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Still I think Rondo will want at least Bledsoe type money when he becomes a FA.

I never understand this speculation about what kind of money a player will "want." Except for veterans at the ends of their careers, virtually every player wants as much as he can get. They'll shop around until they get the best offer, which is fine, but what they "want" really isn't relevant. If someone thinks Rondo deserves Bledsoe money (or more), he'll get it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reports Rondo is traded to Mavericks. It's sweet deal for Boston. See article from Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports at the link below.
l[/url]

This could be good news for the Suns.

Obviously things in Boston are in transition. They may be looking for other deals. The Suns should move heaven and Earth to trade for Kelly Olynyk. He's a sure-fire future star. It won't be too long before everybody sees that. I'm uncertain how Boston feels about him as they don't play him as much as they should.

I'd offer them Bledsoe and the Lakers pick. Basically, whatever it takes. Get rid of the trouble as to why this team is underperforming and pick up a certain star.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't get all the hoopla for Wright. He is a career journeyman who never lived up to being a #8 overall pick. I would rather have Jordan Hill who is averaging nearly a double-double this year. Hill, removal of protection on this year's pick and the HOU first rounder for Bledsoe would be ideal, not sure if LA would need to add salary as LA would be taking back around $5M in salary difference. If so maybe take Lin and flip him to another contending team looking for a PG.

We would still have IT we could deal for another piece or two and go with Dragic & Ennis the rest of the year at PG.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be good news for the Suns.

Obviously things in Boston are in transition. They may be looking for other deals. The Suns should move heaven and Earth to trade for Kelly Olynyk. He's a sure-fire future star. It won't be too long before everybody sees that. I'm uncertain how Boston feels about him as they don't play him as much as they should.

I'd offer them Bledsoe and the Lakers pick. Basically, whatever it takes. Get rid of the trouble as to why this team is underperforming and pick up a certain star.

Maybe Kelly Olynyk will be a good player but I would never make that offer. The Lakers pick alone could really be good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the hoopla for Wright. He is a career journeyman who never lived up to being a #8 overall pick. I would rather have Jordan Hill who is averaging nearly a double-double this year. Hill, removal of protection on this year's pick and the HOU first rounder for Bledsoe would be ideal, not sure if LA would need to add salary as LA would be taking back around $5M in salary difference. If so maybe take Lin and flip him to another contending team looking for a PG.

We would still have IT we could deal for another piece or two and go with Dragic & Ennis the rest of the year at PG.

We agree on this. The Suns definitely need a banger inside. However, I would hate to see Bledsoe play for the Lakers if he blossoms.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mavs steal Rondo for peanuts.

Man I wish we had an owner like Cuban.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavs steal Rondo for peanuts.

Man I wish we had an owner like Cuban.

When one examines the trade that's what it looks like. I'm thinking this was the best trade out there for Rondo.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When one examines the trade that's what it looks like. I'm thinking this was the best trade out there for Rondo.

The Mavs already dangerous offense gets even more fire power.

While in Arizona, Suns sit tight with 14 point guards playing musical chairs as to who gets to ball hog the most in the next game.

I look that as the difference between championship teams and teams who have never won a title.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Mavs already dangerous offense gets even more fire power.

How does Rondo add firepower?

While in Arizona, Suns sit tight with 14 point guards playing musical chairs as to who gets to ball hog the most in the next game.

So their solution would have been to acquire another offensively challenged point guard?

Rondo's reputation rose well beyond reason when he was the fourth wheel on the Garnett/Pierce/Allen teams, and some people still severely overrate him because of that history. He will not a difference-maker in Dallas.