I think we will make a play for......

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Jets QB M Sanchez. I don't see NY keeping both. IOnce all the QB options have played out, I can see this happening. I would be excited.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Jets QB M Sanchez. I don't see NY keeping both. IOnce all the QB options have played out, I can see this happening. I would be excited.

If Kolb fails this year, I see the Cards going after Colt McCoy once Weedon wins the Browns job.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No chance. Sanchez is not that great but he is still better than Tebow. No way he gets released or FAs out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Getting nauseous...

If Kolb fails this year, I see the Cards going after Colt McCoy once Weedon wins the Browns job.

Just yacked in my mouth...

Stop pulling QBs off the trash heap and find a college player you REALLY like and develop them Cardinals. The odds of success using another team's left-overs are very grim.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where did this come from? Seems like out the blue.. Is this just something you hope for? Because I have heard nothing of Jets releasing him or Anything..

I personally wouldn't want him ..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I would be nauseated.

************* is not an upgrade over Kolb or Skelton, IMO. This is a QB who has no real upside and is the very definition of "mediocre." Like Alex Smith, many of the team victories were the result of dominant defensive performances.

Sanchez is neither accurate nor has a strong arm. 56.7% passer last season. He also has issues with pocket awareness and sensing pressure. In addition, he holds onto the ball too long. It's not like the Jets haven't surrounded him with decent talent at wide receiver, tight end, running back, and o-line.

Either way, I think Sanchez is with the Jets in 2013. He just signed a lucrative extension and is a better QB option than Tebow (which is not saying much).

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be nauseated.

************* is not an upgrade over Kolb or Skelton, IMO. This is a QB who has no real upside and is the very definition of "mediocre." Like Alex Smith, many of the team victories were the result of dominant defensive performances.

Sanchez is neither accurate nor has a strong arm. 56.7% passer last season. He also has issues with pocket awareness and sensing pressure. In addition, he holds onto the ball too long. It's not like the Jets haven't surrounded him with decent talent at wide receiver, tight end, running back, and o-line.

Either way, I think Sanchez is with the Jets in 2013. He just signed a lucrative extension and is a better QB option than Tebow (which is not saying much).

Agreed, Sanchez is not good. Even if he might be marginally better than our QBs, he is not the kind of player worth investing years, salary or trade in.

Every year we spend on these kind of patchwork bums is another year the Cards dont attempt to develop a legit QB to build around.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sanchez is terrible

I already talked about it in another thread, but it seems like alot of people are starting to label Sam Bradford as a bust. I completely disagree, I just think he has the worst supporting cast in football. Hopefully, the Rams do come in the lottos next year and take a QB. Id swipe up Bradford in a heartbeat.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we wanted to be disappointed by a QB from USC - we'd have just kept Leinart. :|

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah... I didn't know he was actually ever in the league.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_David_Booty

Out of the league since 2010, but...he is only 27...

:grabs:

I remember USC games being unwatchable when he was there..

The announcers all felt it necessary to say his FULL name 1200+ times a game.

"John David Booty with the snap, John David Booty back to pass.. John David Booty, scrambling to his right.. and John David Booty is sacked for a 5 yard loss."

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sanchez and McCoy...no, we would have the same situation but with different players and at least our guys know the system...I think :)

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
No, Sanchez is awful. Worse than Kolb and Skelton, even Sanchez' team mates don't like him. If we fail this year, we should just get a QB via the draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Tyler Wilson is the next QB for the Cardinals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This.

I'm on the record of liking Mark Sanchez, and there's no chance that the Jets can or will get rid of him for the next two years at least. The amount of hate directed at a guy who's lead his team to the AFC Championship game two of the last three years is pretty incredible.

How blinded by hate are these people? They're suggesting that the New York Jets somehow have/had a good offensive line. C'mon, man.

Anyway, if Kolb or Skelton don't work out, we're going to turn to the draft. It'll likely be Whis's last chance to figure something out at the QB position before he gets the axe. And if you're on your last chance, I don't think you turn to a quarterback that his team doesn't want a third time.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach
Arizona Cardinals: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
You must be registered for see images

Arizona will give John Skelton and Kevin Kolb one more shot to prove to they can be long-term starters. Ergo, the Cardinals could easily be in the quarterback market next April.

Wilson completed 63 percent of his passes for 3,638 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions last year. He improved as the season progressed and has gotten good preparation for the pro game. Wilson played a little bit in 2010 as a backup to Ryan Mallett. Wilson completed 34-of-51 passes for 453 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions.

Wilson has good field vision, a strong arm and accuracy. The 2012 season figures to be a challenging year for the signal-caller. The program is in turmoil with Bobby Petrino having been fired. To make things harder, Wilson lost a some good receivers in Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I hope not. Wouldn't that mean we had to watch yet another 5-11 or worse season?

The guy we need is Brad Sorensen from Southern Utah.

Kurt Warner Northern Iowa
Jim Hart Southern Illinois

Sorenson has "pro ready size, ACCURACY, and decision making skills. A pure pocket passser."

:D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley is the next QB for the Cardinals.

FTFY :D

I seriously think I might as well give Leinart another go-round before looking at Sanchez or Colt 4'5". Honestly, I think they are all cut from the same cloth: Great in college, meh in the pros.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

If we get good QB play I think we can win the division. With either of our current QB's there are a lot of question marks. I would take Sanchez over either although the book on Skelton is still not finished. Depending on what Sanchez would have to be paid I would take a shot as he could be the difference on us winning the division or not. He would have a super receiving corps to throw to. Kolb is still being questioned about running backwards which may continue. Skelton could be good or he may have just been lucky when we won 4 overtime games at the end of last year. That is unlikely to happen again.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Where did this come from? Seems like out the blue.. Is this just something you hope for? Because I have heard nothing of Jets releasing him or Anything..

I personally wouldn't want him ..

I have read two articles about the possibility of Sanchez leaving? I have no idea if there is any truth but you never know until the fat lady sings. I do think we are a QB away from winning the division. Maybe Kolb or Skelton may be that QB or not. If the right QB is available you take a shot when you have one. I would think we have the money.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
FTFY :D

I seriously think I might as well give Leinart another go-round before looking at Sanchez or Colt 4'5". Honestly, I think they are all cut from the same cloth: Great in college, meh in the pros.

McCoy would have been perfect for the Cards two years ago. He was a Warner clone at Texas. Too late now as things have changed both for the Cards and for Colt.

By the way it will be the Okie State QB who is available after pre season not Colt McCoy. :D