I'm Done with the Suns

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of being the 'Lovable Loser', having been a Suns fan since the early 90s. I had my heart torn out as a kid when the KJ Suns lost every year in the playoffs, often in heart wrenching fashion. Then the debacle last year with Sterngate, and losing to the hated Spurs again.

And then there was today, a new bloody chapter in our history of ineptitude.
A 16 pt lead in the third quarter. A 5 point lead in overtime. Two chances to foul and stop the game-tying 3 pointer, twice they opt to just 'give them the shot' and thusly lose the game. Then there's the missed FT's, three in a row by Shaq 'I'll make em when they count' O'Neal , and a miss by Nash. Ugh.

I don't even wanna watch the rest of the series. This was our game to win, we blew it in Suns fashion, allowing a Ginobili layup lane and botching every chance. I need to find a new team to root for :(

Mr_White

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you must feel awful

Well, since you're cutting out, I'll tell you how it ends ...

The Suns (aka, the Ringless Wonders) manage to pull out a couple of games, but ultimately the defending champs from San Antonio prevail. This stems not primarily to the Sons' lack of talent, but their inability to deal with adversity.

Then, a few short weeks later, the Spurs are having another ticker-tape parade in San Antonio. The Suns will watch it on TV. No word on what their fans might do, but unless they've jumped from office buildings, they'll probably blame this championship on (pick one) global warming, Bowen's dirty play, flops, bad refs, Stern, or Bush.

I'll send pics of the parade.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
Well, sucks for you. There's still game to be played though.

Yea you're right, we are gonna win 4 of 6, with three on the road. With the worst coaching staff in the history of organized sports. And no defensive stopping power in the clutch. Are you a wagering man?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
true bandwagon fans showing their colors early wow...

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
so sorry for not drinking the Suns kool aid, guess I'm a bad person. feel free to argue any of my points.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
so sorry for not drinking the Suns kool aid, guess I'm a bad person. feel free to argue any of my points.

Feel free to go away.

You've decided you don't support the Suns any longer yet continue to post? I didn't think one could go from a poster on this forum for 4 year to troll in only 4 or 5 posts, but bravo, you did it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a Suns fan and have never been a Suns fan. In fact I really hated them for years, but this they are more likable and I think they can do great things in the playoffs this year. So, I guess I will take you seat for the rest of the playoffs since my Bulls are out of it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea you're right, we are gonna win 4 of 6, with three on the road. With the worst coaching staff in the history of organized sports. And no defensive stopping power in the clutch. Are you a wagering man?

Wrong Suns coach, the Bulls fired the one you are thinking of on Christmas.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Keep in mind, while we didnt win, this was the second best scenario would could have hoped for.

The first game against the defending champs requires their center to chuck up a prayer from the 3 line.

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of being the 'Lovable Loser', having been a Suns fan since the early 90s. I had my heart torn out as a kid when the KJ Suns lost every year in the playoffs, often in heart wrenching fashion. Then the debacle last year with Sterngate, and losing to the hated Spurs again.

And then there was today, a new bloody chapter in our history of ineptitude.
A 16 pt lead in the third quarter. A 5 point lead in overtime. Two chances to foul and stop the game-tying 3 pointer, twice they opt to just 'give them the shot' and thusly lose the game. Then there's the missed FT's, three in a row by Shaq 'I'll make em when they count' O'Neal , and a miss by Nash. Ugh.

I don't even wanna watch the rest of the series. This was our game to win, we blew it in Suns fashion, allowing a Ginobili layup lane and botching every chance. I need to find a new team to root for :(

Root for the Spurs! They don't dissapoint.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
only true fans stick to their team during the darktimes but go ahead and jump teams bandwagoner we don't need you

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
Keep in mind, while we didnt win, this was the second best scenario would could have hoped for.

The first game against the defending champs requires their center to chuck up a prayer from the 3 line.

Chunking a prayer??? No. It was strategic. If I were you, I'd be more concerned with the lack of killer instinct the Suns have and the fact that they couldn't hold a lead. Thats not a good scenario at all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chunking a prayer??? No. It was strategic. If I were you, I'd be more concerned with the lack of killer instinct the Suns have and the fact that they couldn't hold a lead. Thats not a good scenario at all.

LOL

You and all your bizarro friends who think that was a set play are pretty funny. Duncan himself said it wasn't "strategic". He just happened to be open because Shaq left him. And the ONLY reason Duncan was out at the 3 point line was to keep Shaq away from the paint.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score

Yeah the Spurs already knew Dumbtoni allowed them an open 3 at the end of regulation, why not try again? And yep, Dumbtoni once again doesn't fail and leaves someone wide open. Sure it was Duncan, but completely wide open I'm sure he isn't that horrible of an option.

I'm amazed the doom and gloom isn't more widespread, this was an epic choke job, the series is over. As far as becoming a Spurs fan, I still think they are boring and play dirty so nahhhh, I'm considering the Hornets or something more benign.

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
LOL

You and all your bizarro friends who think that was a set play are pretty funny. Duncan himself said it wasn't "strategic". He just happened to be open because Shaq left him. And the ONLY reason Duncan was out at the 3 point line was to keep Shaq away from the paint.

Okay, then call it being clutch, but you still didn't retort to my reason why you should be worried.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

I don't buy it. If he bricked it Spurs fans would be demanding Pop's head on a pike.

Nice try though. Remember, just like how you gotta yell "bank" before the ball's released for people to believe you. "I meant to do that!" doesn't fly for people with a measurable IQ.

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
Yeah the Spurs already knew Dumbtoni allowed them an open 3 at the end of regulation, why not try again? And yep, Dumbtoni once again doesn't fail and leaves someone wide open. Sure it was Duncan, but completely wide open I'm sure he isn't that horrible of an option.

I'm amazed the doom and gloom isn't more widespread, this was an epic choke job, the series is over. As far as becoming a Spurs fan, I still think they are boring and play dirty so nahhhh, I'm considering the Hornets or something more benign.

bandwagon fans never Win

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay, then call it being clutch, but you still didn't retort to my reason why you should be worried.

This is the PLAYOFFS. I'm confused, you and your fellow Spurs fans treat your team like it's invincible and yet you guys had to work extremely hard to get a 2-point win against us in double overtime, in your house!

If anyone should be worried, it's the Spurs.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
ive been on the wagon for 17 years nice try, I've been th rough it all since 1990 onward. God help my soul.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
ive been on the wagon for 17 years nice try, I've been th rough it all since 1990 onward. God help my soul.

And all it takes is a 2 point loss in double overtime of Game 1 of the 1st round in a hostile environment to turn you off? Wow, that 17 years doesn't sound too impressive.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score

That was a set play pulled by a superior coach with ultimate faith in his players ability to execute.