I'm Done with the Suns

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Wow make some more excuses for the Suns. But that's right you still think they will win the Series and not get outed in the first round. So yea it's like an atheist arguing against a christian.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Game one's loss only meant that game two is a must win. I believe that the Suns best chance to take this series is to rip home court advantage. If they lose game two, were in serious trouble

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow make some more excuses for the Suns. But that's right you still think they will win the Series and not get outed in the first round. So yea it's like an atheist arguing against a christian.

Why are you still here? I thought you quit.

You don't think that the circumstances of this game matter? Do you even watch professional sports?

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
This is the PLAYOFFS. I'm confused, you and your fellow Spurs fans treat your team like it's invincible and yet you guys had to work extremely hard to get a 2-point win against us in double overtime, in your house!

If anyone should be worried, it's the Spurs.

But Im not worried. Dominance over a 10 year period will do that to a fan. I've seen enough Spurs playoff games to know what they bring in a 7 game series. I knew midway through the 4th they would pull it out. Can the Suns win the series. Of course. Nothing is set in stone yet. But Im not worried one bit. But I can tell the collective on this board is!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
That was a set play pulled by a superior coach with ultimate faith in his players ability to execute.

Quit your act. It isnt funny or constructive. This is troll banter. Duncan admitted it wasn't set. Your arrogance is blinding to the facts and it makes you look like an 8 year old on a sugar high.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My god 1 game is all it takes to start these threads? It's the playoffs and we're playing the Spurs. If you thought they were winning both games in SA, then you need your head examined. It was a tough loss, so criticize and debate the plays, coaching and calls, but to be done after game 1 of the first round is moronic. Do people think before posting something online?

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
Chaplin - if youre so mad about me being a downer, I dunno , stop posting in this thread you idiot?
I see why everyone has considered you an annoying poster for so long. I can't help that you don't see the epicness of this loss, and how it embodied the Suns trademark failings in the playoffs for their entire history.

Since it went to overtime, apparently we are claiming it is a great game with reason for hope, even though we were up 16 and had it in hand, and botched every opportunity to win it. The Spurs didn't even play well, we handed it to them on a platter and made 2 of the biggest coaching gaffes in team history. But go ahead and berate me without any substance if you're that bored Chaplin. If you want to wager on it please let me know.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind, while we didnt win, this was the second best scenario would could have hoped for.

The first game against the defending champs requires their center to chuck up a prayer from the 3 line.

No kidding! One game and the sky is falling. You actually dominated most the game in a tough playoff environment. Yes, there were some bonehead plays, but you were in it for 2 OT's. Instead of dwelling on the negatives and calling it quits, you fix them and move up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chaplin - if youre so mad about me being a downer, I dunno , stop posting in this thread you idiot?
I see why everyone has considered you an annoying poster for so long. I can't help that you don't see the epicness of this loss, and how it embodied the Suns trademark failings in the playoffs for their entire history.

Since it went to overtime, apparently we are claiming it is a great game with reason for hope, even though we were up 16 and had it in hand, and botched every opportunity to win it. The Spurs didn't even play well, we handed it to them on a platter. But go ahead and berate me without any substance if you're that bored Chaplin. If you want to wager on it please let me know.

We had a nice lead, but how do you figure we had the game in hand? Tell me since you're the authority here. I understand that your all bent out of shape, but calling me an idiot doesn't help your credibility.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
Lets see up 16 in 2nd half with the momentum and a rested Shaq is usually a good situation. Then we had it basically in hand at end of regulation if we foul. Then end of OT we have it nearly in hand and again give up a 3. I guess no game is ever in hand with the Suns, we know that too well.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Game one's loss only meant that game two is a must win. I believe that the Suns best chance to take this series is to rip home court advantage. If they lose game two, were in serious trouble

if you lose game 2 its pretty much over. I dont see you winning 4 of 5. Could happen, but i seriously doubt it.

Good luck in game 2... i predict a 15+ victory for you.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lets see up 16 in 2nd half with the momentum and a rested Shaq is usually a good situation. Then we had it basically in hand at end of regulation if we foul. Then end of OT we have it nearly in hand and again give up a 3. I guess no game is ever in hand with the Suns, we know that too well.

Especially against the Spurs you are correct. 16 is not a huge deficit--in order to feel comfortable against the Spurs in their building, you have to have an over-20 point lead. And even then, it's tenuous. 2 three pointers and it's only a 10 point lead. It's not like we were dominating, we were just playing well and the Spurs were playing poorly. But when the Spurs started playing well, then they cut into the lead. It would happen to every team playing the Spurs, not just the Suns.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Suns win Tuesday Goal accomplished and the bandwagon rolls. I agree they have to overcome some real handicaps, one of them being Popovich is a vastly superior coach.

Game 2 is essentially the series in my mind.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
if horry or bonner shot that three,
i wouldn't be surpirsed.

but duncan?
lady luck is in the spurs' pockets too.
:)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Chunking a prayer??? No. It was strategic. If I were you, I'd be more concerned with the lack of killer instinct the Suns have and the fact that they couldn't hold a lead. Thats not a good scenario at all.
:biglaugh:Strategic...????

Even he admitted it was not planned.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Quit your act. It isnt funny or constructive. This is troll banter. Duncan admitted it wasn't set. Your arrogance is blinding to the facts and it makes you look like an 8 year old on a sugar high.

Do you know what degree Tim has from Wake Forest when he graduated as a 20 year old? Psychology. He is telling you that because he wants you to think that it wasn't. Since you're OBVIOUSLY not a Spurs fan, then you haven't seen them take their 3 point shots during practice where Duncan REGULARLY makes those 3's. Then you haven't seen Duncan make pressure 3's like the one he took against New Orleans in 02-03.

Take this quote right here:
''It was kind of a have-to-take shot. I was lucky enough to make it,'' Duncan said. ''They kind of dropped off the inbounder and fronted the post, so I kind of stepped out and it turned into what it was.''

Sounds like what you heard while he was talking to Michelle Tafoya right?

But it came from here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=230330003
Having saved a possession by diving for a loose ball and calling timeout, Duncan hit a 3-pointer off an inbounds play with 32 seconds left as the San Antonio Spurs defeated the New Orleans Hornets 92-90 Sunday night for their fifth consecutive victory.

But believe what you want if it helps you cope. I give you the facts. Open your eyes. D'Antoni didn't scout deep enough.

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
positive thing about this game is the spurs needed all the luck in the world to beat us

Excuses and whinning, thats why you all as an organization don't get any respect.

Positive thing about the game is that the Spurs proved on even a bad day, they can overcome. What are you going to do when they bring their A game???

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
As I said later, chalk it up to being clutch.
That I cannot argue but it wasn't "strategic"... It was the first 3 made in the season. I don't know how many he attempted. It WAS a prayer that got answered.

Really stupid on Suns part. They should have fouled, both at the end of regulation and end of first OT.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
That I cannot argue but it wasn't "strategic"... It was the first 3 made in the season. I don't know how many he attempted. It WAS a prayer that got answered.

Really stupid on Suns part. They should have fouled, both at the end of regulation and end of first OT.
Read my last post and then realize that it was strategic. An even if Duncan could regularly make 3's, him taking too many of them removes him from where he is most deadly effective. That's why it's only pulled when it's most needed.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Excuses and whinning, thats why you all as an organization don't get any respect.

Positive thing about the game is that the Spurs proved on even a bad day, they can overcome. What are you going to do when they bring their A game???
It wasn't Suns A game either. Our big men were hampered by foul all game and hence could not play defensively in the 2nd half as we are capable of to avoid further fouls. That was why Parker and Filopini was having a layup parade that they could not in the first half.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Yep, Duncan is the new 3 point weapon for the Sterns... ;) He makes one every four years... :)

NOT!