I'm going to puke

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
If the Cards had traded down, it could have been another Pace/Johnson fiasco.

Am I excited about Levi coming to town? Not really.

But it's not like we just took Michael Stone at the 5th overall...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If Green wasn't there I am sure Graves would have.

Speaking of Denny he's been on the radio all day talking about how teams are drafting for need this year instead of BPA.

He was also bashing teams for waiting to the last minute to make their selections saying that they should know who they want and go up to the podium and get him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
That's what they said.

Same. Old. Cardinals. While I admire Graves for not giving up the #5 overall pick and moving back in the second for the #25 and #29 or whatever, he reached for need.

This is just poor planning. It's just a shame that this team is going to be bad again next season. At least they'll pick up some Pittsburgh fans, because I don't think they'll be able to sell out the stadium after two 5-11 seasons in a row.

Did your crystal ball tell you that the cards are going to be bad again next year? Get over yourself .Why not wait and see what happens instead of spewing more BS like you usually do. Mr wannabe GM.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well, after my initial unhappiness, I've warmed up to the idea a bit. Although, that may be six beers talking.

Still, it makes me laugh that our "official" thread about our first pick is titled "I'm going to puke."

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
This is amusing. The same people who are complaining about Brown would have been complaining when our line stinks AGAIN next year or when we drafted somebody in round 2 or 3, try to polish them up and pass him off to the fans as a tackle.

We just got better on O-line with a hungry, physical player who was gonna be drafted between 5 and 10. The only other player we needed would be Adams and he was gone too.

This was not a sexy pick, but I could care less. In fact, I say go Blalock in the second and our line is FIXED for 5 years. But we will complain because there are sexier picks. I'm tired of sexy. I want productive and necessary. Address the offensive and defensive line with all 6 picks. We need it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is amusing. The same people who are complaining about Brown would have been complaining when our line stinks AGAIN next year or when we drafted somebody in round 2 or 3, try to polish them up and pass him off to the fans as a tackle.

We just got better on O-line with a hungry, physical player who was gonna be drafted between 5 and 10. The only other player we needed would be Adams and he was gone too.

This was not a sexy pick, but I could care less. In fact, I say go Blalock in the second and our line is FIXED for 5 years. But we will complain because there are sexier picks. I'm tired of sexy. I want productive and necessary. Address the offensive and defensive line with all 6 picks. We need it.

Well put...:thumbup:

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
Overreaction.

Word is, the Cards preferred Brown to Joe Thomas -- mostly, to give us a running game. He's bigger, he's meaner, he opens holes. If we can get a running game, then we'll have a helluva passing game.

And Leonard Davis (The Offsides King) was dumb as a brick. If LB turns out to be another LD then, yeah, bad pick. Otherwise...give him a chance.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Speaking of puking, I wonder how GB fans feel....

They got a guy with their first pick whom they could easily have reached for with their 2nd. This is worse than McCargo last year! Hey, if they were so anxious to throw their pick away, they could have just given it to the Cards....

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
5. Arizona Cardinals select: Levi Brown, T, Penn State Grade
This is a need pick, but they should have taken Adrian Peterson. Brown's a good player, and will start right away, but Peterson is the next Eric Dickerson. C+

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Speaking of puking, I wonder how GB fans feel....

They got a guy with their first pick whom they could easily have reached for with their 2nd. This is worse than McCargo last year! Hey, if they were so anxious to throw their pick away, they could have just given it to the Cards....

No way Harrell makes it out of the 1st. He's shot up recently because teams looked at his junior year tapes and realized that if not for his injury he'd be the top DT taken most likely.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Feeble:

Stop.

Adrian Peterson should not have been selected by AZ, period. We have James for 3 more years and he was a horse last year. Peterson wouldn't even sniff the field behind James and James will have a stellar year under a coaching staff that actually implements not only a blocking scheme, but an overall offensive scheme.

Besides, if LB sucks as bad as the hyperbole around here indicates (ain't gonna happen), then we'll be in a position to draft McFadden next year....

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
5. Arizona Cardinals select: Levi Brown, T, Penn State Grade
This is a need pick, but they should have taken Adrian Peterson. Brown's a good player, and will start right away, but Peterson is the next Eric Dickerson. C+

From the same people that told you "Ryan Leaf is a better prospect then Peyton Manning." Why people take what these people say as gospel to me is beyond comprehension

Peterson wouldn't help if the line didn't block for him or if he's on IR.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
He was projected from like 50-60 and GB has the 48th overall, I think....

Yeah, but those ranking are from where? A magazine from 2 months ago? The past 2 weeks saw him climb in most mocks all the way to Pit at 15. He was not going to make it out of the first. Again, the guy tore a tricep last year, but as teams looked at his junior year they moved him up.

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
Feeble:

Stop.

Adrian Peterson should not have been selected by AZ, period. We have James for 3 more years and he was a horse last year..

you sir are a idiot. Edge only averaged 3.3 yds per carry. that is the worst of any 1000 yard rusher. He is broken goods.

Doesnt this really all go back to getting edge? wasnt there a certain pro bowl lineman we could of went after? worst mistake we ever made was paying a broken down running back that was a program guy which the colts proved last year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
you sir are a idiot. Edge only averaged 3.3 yds per carry. that is the worst of any 1000 yard rusher. He is broken goods.

Doesnt this really all go back to getting edge? wasnt there a certain pro bowl lineman we could of went after? worst mistake we ever made was paying a broken down running back that was a program guy which the colts proved last year.

:oops: :banned:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score

Well, I guess it's safe for me to say enjoy your vacation. Too bad you won't be able to post here the rest of the draft. Not a smart move, expecially when there is a special thread specifically forbidding what you just did....

:wave:

Anyways, Do you really think ANY back in the league would have done better than Edge's 3.3ypc? Nope. Why? There was no blocking scheme and inferior OL talent. Don't forget that Step started at C (the QB of the OL) for the first, what, 10 games? Step, in case you haven't noticed, was a complete disaster of an NFL player, but I guess none of that matters....

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score

dude, no need to insult somebody personally. Totally uncalled for. How many games did you watch where James was dodging lineman 5 yards behind the LOS? No RB would have averaged 4 YPC behind our line last year. The worst mistake we've made was taking 5th round lineman and wondering why we can't block. The Colt proved they could replace Edge in their system, they did nothing to diminish the abilities of Edge.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I do agree that Peterson should have been the pick, but if that's was Feeble Mc[CENSORED] thinks, then I maybe need to re-evaluate.

BigOX

Reaction score
If Staley is there when we pick next I will snap, cry, and get very drunk

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
dude, no need to insult somebody personally. Totally uncalled for. How many games did you watch where James was dodging lineman 5 yards behind the LOS? No RB would have averaged 4 YPC behind our line last year. The worst mistake we've made was taking 5th round lineman and wondering why we can't block. The Colt proved they could replace Edge in their system, they did nothing to diminish the abilities of Edge.

Edge was avg over 4 YPC when our Oline estabished itself. Unfortunately our past coaching staff was too stupid to figure out what Oline worked until the last 7 weeks of the season

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
What exactly would preclude the Cards from drafting Brown AND Staley?

IMO, even with Gandy, Ross and Wells at the T spots, We still need a legit starter....

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That shows your football IQ right there. His 3.3 YPC was due to a bad Oline. Edge is good no other RB would have gotten the yards he did. How you can A) make a uneducated statement like that and B) call someone an idiot for your ignorance is beyond me. If I were an administrator of this site you would be :banned:

I am not crazy about the pick either but you are way out of bounds. Judging by your statements you are either 12 or drunk either way chill out and come back when you're calmed down.

Last edited: