In All Seriousness

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Well I should point out that you're just using yards when you say the 49ers were ranked that high and that's largely because they were behind in some of the games so they threw the ball alot. But of course that was also true Sunday and Smith was not able to throw the ball against KC the way he did against us or against Philly the week before.

I was quite impressed with KC's defense from what I saw I just think that Alex Smith can make you look a lot better than you really are sometimes.:D

But I do agree you have excellent CB's, I badly wanted the Cards to try and sign Surtain and there were a lot of people on this board screaming for Ty Law this offseason.

I think the Chiefs are the better team without question.

You got me there. I am probably being pretty darn optimistic. That'll happen when you win 41-0 with a backup qb and backup left tackle in, regardless of who the opponent is. I'm going to enjoy my own optimism for at least a week. Maybe the cardinals recievers will bring me down to earth a little, eh?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got me there. I am probably being pretty darn optimistic. That'll happen when you win 41-0 with a backup qb and backup left tackle in, regardless of who the opponent is. I'm going to enjoy my own optimism for at least a week. Maybe the cardinals recievers will bring me down to earth a little, eh?

Oh I expect KC will win I guess it's just that living in the Bay Area I see SF every week and I think they have a way of convincing people they're better than they really are. should have seen this board after we beat them, a few of us pointed out the game was a LOT closer than it should have been and it was cause for concern, we were told shut up we won, enjoy it. 3 losses later I think many of those shut up people now realize the SF game was misleading.

I think its pretty optimistic to expect a win in the first start of Leinart's career so I expect we'll lose but I do think he'll show he's going to be better than Alex Smith.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I am probably being pretty darn optimistic. That'll happen when you win 41-0 with a backup qb and backup left tackle

Please understand we have no concept of what that kind of optimism feels like. We beat New Orleans by something like 13 points a year or two ago - that's about as close to a crushing victory as we've had in ages.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
You guys have the skill position players on offense to have the best Offense in the NFL. If you guys get some O-lineman you guys will be the new best show on turf. I'd say the future is bright for the cardinals because of Leinart and your great young receivers.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have the skill position players on offense to have the best Offense in the NFL. If you guys get some O-lineman you guys will be the new best show on turf. I'd say the future is bright for the cardinals because of Leinart and your great young receivers.

We are also cursed...according to some....

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the future could be bright, it could also be a mess the size of leanord davis. our line sucks, if that doesnt change we are never going anywhere.

with that being said i am always optimistic and think we will win this week 31-27

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big matchup then, according to your defensive breakdown becomes Hali v Ross since Ross is now charged with protecting Leinarts blind side. Ross seems to be uneven in his blocking. Sometimes looking very good and otehr times looking like he just learned how to block.

The kid on the other side will have to face Leonard Davis and Davis can be ok but he was schooled against ATL on Sunday I felt...really one the rare times he was just beaten badly for a game. Davis can have some issues with a speed rusher like Kearney.

I have this feeling our interior OL will help make your DT's look much better than they are.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
The big matchup then, according to your defensive breakdown becomes Hali v Ross since Ross is now charged with protecting Leinarts blind side. Ross seems to be uneven in his blocking. Sometimes looking very good and otehr times looking like he just learned how to block.

The kid on the other side will have to face Leonard Davis and Davis can be ok but he was schooled against ATL on Sunday I felt...really one the rare times he was just beaten badly for a game. Davis can have some issues with a speed rusher like Kearney.

I have this feeling our interior OL will help make your DT's look much better than they are.

Actually if Ross is now at LT, then he's up against Jared Allen.

EDIT: wait...is leinart a lefty? Maybe Ross is at RT, in which case, yeah, he's up against Tamba.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score

Can we have your backup LT for our diving KR?

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Can we have your backup LT for our diving KR?

Yes. Our backup left tackle, Jordan Black, sucks. I'd trade him for a half eaten jelly bean.

And I don't even like jelly beans.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Please understand we have no concept of what that kind of optimism feels like. We beat New Orleans by something like 13 points a year or two ago - that's about as close to a crushing victory as we've had in ages.

Hey now, we beat the 49ers 31-14 just 17 games ago.

Saints game was 34-10 and beat the Rams the same year 31-7. Games that started the false hope that Green could finally rescue our sad franchise.

Last edited:

ChiefsChick23

Sultana of Smartassery
Reaction score
Hi, all, another Chiefs fan here. Finding your board very interesting and pretty nice!

Feel free to visit ours as well, you guys are always welcome to visit and say "Hi!" - http://www.chiefshuddle.com.

As for the matchup - I have to pretty much agree with what Bird is saying here. While we could argue that our pass D hasn't truly been tested since Cinci, they *have* markedly improved, especially the play of Greg Wesley.

(btw: I was born and raised a Cards fan back when they were in St. Louis - I do know and understand your pain!)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(btw: I was born and raised a Cards fan back when they were in St. Louis - I do know and understand your pain!)
Yeah, but you're way smarter than the rest of us...you got yourself some help and are no longer in an abusive relationship with your football team. Us? We keep going back for more, claiming that "the Cards will change--this is the last time they're going to treat us like this." :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05