Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Manning's not draft eligible until 2026?

Or do you mean this year and next year with Kyler and then Manning?

Manning might actually be better than Ewers but he led Texas to the title game last year so they can’t move away from him. Similar to Kyler sitting behind Baker for two years.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manning might actually be better than Ewers but he led Texas to the title game last year so they can’t move away from him. Similar to Kyler sitting behind Baker for two years.

I haven't seen enough of Manning yet. he's obviously good but he hasn't really played against anybody really good. The 2 picks against ULM really surprised me, 51-3 but still surprised me.

Clearly talented though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh cool the what if game!!! What if receivers didn’t drop fuckngn balls that hit them right in the hands? What if the refs didn’t screw us and take away a pick 6 on a ridiculous call? What if Kyler had the kind of time Daniels had yesterday to scan the field? Ooooh what if we had any receivers besides the rook who could beat their coverage? What if we had an OC that didn’t plan a run based game plan for Washington who sucks on pass defense? What if we had a defense that didn’t allow teams to score at will? This what if game is fun!
Please do not let my opinions change your mind.
You can continue to believe. Many of us has chosen to move on and not be bamboozled any more.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ewers actually has looked quite improved when he played this year, it surprised me. Manning still needs to work on everything besides his deep ball.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
vote your heart - votes aren't public

honestly idk - not sure im there yet - but he got outplayed by a rookie last year and he got outplayed by a rookie this year - we paid him 400 billion dollars and he's getting whooped by newbies
No it’s not, how about, cardinaling up and fanning like a fan.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry my man. I dont disagree with you on Murray, but now is not the time to bring another young or reclamation QB into the fold. We'd just Cardinal it all up and ruin that guy as well. We HAVE to ride with Murray until the overall talent level on this team is better. Just have to. Bad situation, but that's the only way out IMO.

The reality is, There IS no way out and were forever effed because we chose this ishtbag franchise to fall in love with. I hate them. GO CARDS!
Year 12: "Well, we gave KM another contract because we just can't evaluate him properly yet. The guy needs a real shot with better talent around him. He's never gotten a real chance."

I have no doubt that, if we kept him that long, some posters would still be saying this. And we probably still wouldn't have won a playoff game in that time. The kid is a middling "meh" guy who will flatter to deceive with some truly spectacular plays/games, stink out loud in others, and never elevate those around him on the team. He needs everything to be perfect, and then he can be a middling QB who flashes just enough for his fans to say "See, someday he'll come good."

No freaking thank you.

Stout

Reaction score
The much maligned Justin Fields has better stats in about every QB stat and Pittsburgh isn’t loaded with weapons.
They’re having similar years.
Except Murray is making about $40 million more.
Yep. Their receiver situation is worse than ours, as is their OL situation, down 3 starters now, and we arguably have better RBs.

Stout

Reaction score
Kylers shortcomings are that he’s short for a QB and was handed a rookie HC that essentially wasted the first 4 years of his career with a staff that had no business having those jobs. Now it’s early but man this OC sure doesn’t seem to know how to use him! No rollouts or designed runs against Washington and a run based game plan wtf, that’s just idiocy in the highest order! Worse pass defense in the league hey let’s just run it and barely pass the ball lol just pure malpractice…
He also isn't good throwing on time, can't throw in rhythm, and isn't good in the pocket. He also takes needless sacks.

Edit: Also, according to you, he's not good at calling audibles. Otherwise, he would be able to check out of bad play calls. Why can't he check out of bad play calls?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Year 12: "Well, we gave KM another contract because we just can't evaluate him properly yet. The guy needs a real shot with better talent around him. He's never gotten a real chance."

I have no doubt that, if we kept him that long, some posters would still be saying this. And we probably still wouldn't have won a playoff game in that time. The kid is a middling "meh" guy who will flatter to deceive with some truly spectacular plays/games, stink out loud in others, and never elevate those around him on the team. He needs everything to be perfect, and then he can be a middling QB who flashes just enough for his fans to say "See, someday he'll come good."

No freaking thank you.
i think you misunderstand me. This is not about offering KM more excuses or chances.

Im not saying we SHOULDNT move on from Kyler. Im saying we CANT. Replacing him now, (and I honestly believe this) with ANYONE, even a Mahomes level QB would simply drag that QB into the eternal pile of isht that this team is. We HAVE to fix everything else first, then drop the dollars on a new QB. We'll simply ruin everyone else we try until we do that. It's not an excuse for KM. It's a logistical necessity.

FIX THE DEFENSE FIRST. IMO, there are no other options.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I wonder if there are fans in Buffalo who want to move on from this:

ALLEN vs Baltimore

16/29 - 180 yards (6.2) TD: 0 INT: 0 - Sacks: 3 - RAT: 73.9 - 10 pts generated.

KM vs Washington

16/22 - 142 yards (6.5) TD: 1 INT: 0 - Sacks: 4 - RAT: 104.7 - 14 pts generated.
I think that said it all.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As I said in another post. Plan B. We are stuck with Kyler. One big reason is Bidwill won’t eat the dead money if we were to move on, nor should we.

Plan B, no more help for Kyler. Everything going forward is defense. Draft and free agency needs to be building a defense that can allow Kyler to turn and hand off the ball and throw it 18 times a game. If we have to punt 6 times so be it. Take all the pressure, responsibility and the onus off of him.

He is never going to carry this team or any other team because he is too inconsistent.
Sorry, but at $45MM a year he doesn't get that luxury. He's being paid to be a difference maker.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously the Cards are not getting the $2.4 M each game being paid to Murray.

Hills and valleys keeping him and I don't see any playoffs being made with him directing the attack. JMO

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think you misunderstand me. This is not about offering KM more excuses or chances.

Im not saying we SHOULDNT move on from Kyler. Im saying we CANT. Replacing him now, (and I honestly believe this) with ANYONE, even a Mahomes level QB would simply drag that QB into the eternal pile of isht that this team is. We HAVE to fix everything else first, then drop the dollars on a new QB. We'll simply ruin everyone else we try until we do that. It's not an excuse for KM. It's a logistical necessity.

FIX THE DEFENSE FIRST. IMO, there are no other options.
Shouldn’t have been a misunderstanding. It was actually pretty obvious what your point was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake