Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you are going to put it all on him huh? You don't think the rest of the roster has anything to do with it?

Never said it was all him. But I’m done with this convo since you decided to just project some inane argument on to my post.

This kind of crap gets so lame/tiresome.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This season really might do it for me. I've tried knowing how good he was in 21 and what might have been had he not gotten banged up. As well, I've been one of his biggest defenders, but a part of me longs for the green grass that a young stud with a clean slate might provide.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peyton Manning wouldn’t have played for some damn Michael Bidwill lmao

The Manning family will make sure Arch doesn’t play for Bidwill either which I do not blame them.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Peyton Manning wouldn’t have played for some damn Michael Bidwill lmao

The Manning family will make sure Arch doesn’t play for Bidwill either which I do not blame them.
Didn’t Manning play almost his entire career for the model of consistency and level headedness Jim Irsay??

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Name them.
According to NFL.com pre-season ranking, Kyler is #18 after: Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Stroud, Burrow, Prescott, Rogers, Love, Herbert. Hurts, Goff, Tagovailoa, Purdy, Stafford, Mayfield, Cousins, and Lawrence.

I'm sure you do not agree with this, but I would trade Murray for most of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to NFL.com pre-season ranking, Kyler is #18 after: Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Stroud, Burrow, Prescott, Rogers, Love, Herbert. Hurts, Goff, Tagovailoa, Purdy, Stafford, Mayfield, Cousins, and Lawrence.

Tua, Cousins and Lawrence are debatable. But yeah, the rest are better than Kyler at this point.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Stroud, Herbert

The rest have warts as bad or worse than Kyler

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Tua, Cousins and Lawrence are debatable. But yeah, the rest are better than Kyler at this point.
Tau had a great year last year when the offensive system was designed for him. Unfortunately, he will not play much longer. I always liked Cousins (MSU alumni). He has had an underrated career. Lawrence is intriguing. A bad last two years, but a lot of talent and can play in the right system.

The issue is that Kyler is in his sixth year and has not shown more than most of those quarterbacks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This season really might do it for me. I've tried knowing how good he was in 21 and what might have been had he not gotten banged up. As well, I've been one of his biggest defenders, but a part of me longs for the green grass that a young stud with a clean slate might provide.
The odds are, you don't get a young stud, but instead get a young bust.

Look at the Jets - how many guys in a row did they draft - all busts, then they got desperate and signed an ancient Rogers who I would argue is no longer as good as Kyler.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
How I would approach this situation is that I wouldn't just dump K1. I would build up the team around him and wait for the opportunity to move up in the draft to get his replacement.

Dumping K1 for the Gardner Minshews of the NFL does nothing to propel this team forward.
This is sort of what I wanted at the last draft. Pre-draft I didn't want to pick the Ferrari in MHJ. I felt like he'd be wasted here with the current state of the roster and we needed to build up the team more before getting a player like him.

I wanted to trade back for a couple more assets and take Alt. Build the line around him and Paris. Then use the extra assets to grab one or two of the other WRs. We get the stud line to keep Kyler upright and then if he didn't pan out this year, what I expected, we could drop the kid we draft in 2025 or 2026 into a better situation.

We always try to build from the luxury pieces in instead of from the trenches out. The former is flashy while the latter wins games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but he isn't the whole team.

Even if he is just a game manager, you can win with one of those if the rest of the team is good.
Hard to make the rest of the team good when the game manager is choking down 1/5th of the entire cap.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s really hard to build a team around a game manager with a $45 million cap hold.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake