Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
This was an Eli Manning-esque passing day.
If you watched the game I don't know how you can say he was anything but mid as a passer. How many guys did he miss that he should have hit? The pass to MHJ on the last drive was him chucking it up with a prayer. Luckily MHJ was able to get under it. It was not a pretty pass.

Kool Aid pairs great with top 10 picks though.

As a positive though I will say that I thought his throws looked better in the air and had more zip on them than the previous couple weeks. Hopefully he's getting things corrected. I'd prefer him to get back to what he can do. I think most of the issues are in his head and not physical limitations. He seems to be in his own head too much. It's a killer. I'm prone to do it too.
He runs as well guys. I know that doesn't jive with your narrative but he is a passing QB that can run at a high level.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Franchise QB is such a nebulous term. Watson is a franchise QB. Lawrence is a franchise QB. Bryce Young was a franchise QB. Yes, the franchise has committed to Kyler at the QB position. Whether that means he will still be the QB after 2025 will depend on how many games he can win.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Franchise QB is such a nebulous term. Watson is a franchise QB. Lawrence is a franchise QB. Bryce Young was a franchise QB. Yes, the franchise has committed to Kyler at the QB position. Whether that means he will still be the QB after 2025 will depend on how many games he can win.
Im sorry this is happening to you.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I don’t want him drafted in the first place. I would have rather stuck with Rosen a bit. I don’t think he was the answer either, but I didn’t think Kyler was worth the price.

I like what he’s done in flashes, he can certainly ball when he does, but he doesn’t do it enough. Transcendent players can have 20 drinks, chase women until 0300, only to take the field 10 short hours later and pour it on. Kyler ain’t that dude.

I don’t hate him at all. Personally, I’d love to see him moved for a reasonable ROI and win a ring somewhere.

Like was already stated, he wasn’t the reason we won yesterday, but he certainly isn’t the reason this team is a perpetual loser. That ish is way above his pay grade.

I appreciate the boys sticking in yesterday (admittedly I turned it off in the 3rd Q to further diagnose/go play with a trailer wiring project), but the suckness of this franchise isn’t a symptom of any player on this roster).

MB is a clown. The entire B family has sucked ace. Accountability starts at the very top homies; this franchise has always been a direct reflection of the owners/leaders.
Ah come on man, to say that they won in spite of Kyler is crazy.

He made a bunch of clutch plays (Long TD run, QB runs to ice the game, fourth down throw to MHJ) which directly contributed to the outcome.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I've always been pro Kyler, and it sucks to admit that in red river week. The best thing about OU is that they don't have Kyler Murray anymore. (and Ceedee Lamb). Kyler is off the charts amazing. he's got to keep working hard at his game because in the NFL defensive coordinators evolve. I feel like many fanbases, with exceptions of KC/Baltimore/Cincinnati, and maybe Houston, are having this debate about their QB. and give it another year for Houston before they start to turn on their QB. there's nothing like losing a couple playoff games.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Are people on here really hoping someone gets banned for supporting Kyler? Geez, your hatred of our QB is getting to insane levels now
Supporting Kyler is fine. Good even! Blindly supporting Kyler is silly, IMO, not being able to recognize his flaws, but to each their own. At least it provides board discussion fodder. OTOH, pathetic attempts at schoolyard taunts that people will be upset at us winning because they hate to see Kyler succeed are beyond dumb and are attempts to be inflammatory. It serves no purpose other than to troll. It's sad rather than annoying, which is why I and others haven't hit the report button.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've always been pro Kyler, and it sucks to admit that in red river week. The best thing about OU is that they don't have Kyler Murray anymore. (and Ceedee Lamb). Kyler is off the charts amazing. he's got to keep working hard at his game because in the NFL defensive coordinators evolve. I feel like many fanbases, with exceptions of KC/Baltimore/Cincinnati, and maybe Houston, are having this debate about their QB. and give it another year for Houston before they start to turn on their QB. there's nothing like losing a couple playoff games.
Oh, to be in the playoffs again, at least.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Supporting Kyler is fine. Good even! Blindly supporting Kyler is silly, IMO, not being able to recognize his flaws, but to each their own. At least it provides board discussion fodder. OTOH, pathetic attempts at schoolyard taunts that people will be upset at us winning because they hate to see Kyler succeed are beyond dumb and are attempts to be inflammatory. It serves no purpose other than to troll. It's sad rather than annoying, which is why I and others haven't hit the report button.
Cards fans have absolutely said to my face that seeing K1 succeed is something they don't want to see.
They have gone so far to say they want to lose so we get rid of him.

I wish that wasn't the case but it absolutely is the mentality of some Cards fans. Not saying that is you actually at all. You have been relatively fair even though I called you out on your thread.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Cards fans have absolutely said to my face that seeing K1 succeed is something they don't want to see.

I wish that wasn't the case but it absolutely is the mentality of some Cards fans. Not saying that is you actually at all. You have been relatively fair even though I called you out on your thread.
Who are these people? I'd love you to name one true Cards fan on the board that wants Kyler to fail. Calling anyone who is the least bit critical of Kyler a "hater" is just the dumbest dialogue, and adds nothing of value. It's twitter level discourse.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not one person here has said that or implied that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Who are these people? I'd love you to name one true Cards fan on the board that wants Kyler to fail. Calling anyone who is the least bit critical of Kyler a "hater" is just the dumbest dialogue, and adds nothing of value. It's twitter level discourse.

Fine, and that makes sense!

But someone saying that K1 isn't a top ten QB every time he throws an incomplete pass isn't fair and doesn't add value to the discussion either!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

But someone saying that K1 isn't a top ten QB every time he throws an incomplete pass isn't fair and doesn't add value to the discussion either!
Yeah, the Stans either way shouldn't be listened to and add nothing to the conversation.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Quote where I called anyone on this board a "hater".

Ill wait.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

It goes way further than that.

Posters have gone so far to say that K1 won't throw downfield or throw risky passes so he can point the finger at others when the Cards fail. It is absolutely crazy town and shows the delusion of some here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake