Is nobody else concerned about Fitz not getting seperation so far in camp?

chickenhead

Reaction score
Not concerned. I don't necessarily expect a top rookie to be man-handling NFL vets a few days into camp. We've seen amazing early years from Boldin and Boston, but we have yet to see long-term. Hopefully both Boldin and Fitz will give us that.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Damn, I have never seen someone so eager to call someone on his 'supposedly' favorite team, a bust. Get over it, the draft is over, the Cards didnt draft Stephanie Jackson. Go to the Rams board and spew your incessent man-love dribble! :rolleyes:
I'm hoping he's a bust now??

Eat me.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Fitz is Chris Carter. Yes he is. And with Quan hurt, I'm damned glad we drafted him.
That's my take on Fitz. I expect him to be a TD machine. However he probably won't put up tons of yards every game.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
That's my take on Fitz. I expect him to be a TD machine. However he probably won't put up tons of yards every game.
I'd agree with that. I think he's our best option in the redzone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

That being said, why did we spend the #3 overall pick on Cris Carter, when Randy Moss was chosen three spots later? :shrug:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Roy Williams?

Moss had almost more TDs in 1 yr than RW did in his career

And Moss played in a spread offense in a Div I AA school. With a QB that was a #1 draft pick.

Roy Williams played at a Div IA school, with a run-first offensive philosophy, and a cast of jokers tossing him the rock.

If we're comparing players, Williams is a whole lot more like Randy Moss than Fitz is. People were comparing Fitz to Moss pre-draft. I think it's disappointing that we're lowering the bar already.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
And Moss played in a spread offense in a Div I AA school. With a QB that was a #1 draft pick.

Roy Williams played at a Div IA school, with a run-first offensive philosophy, and a cast of jokers tossing him the rock.

If we're comparing players, Williams is a whole lot more like Randy Moss than Fitz is. People were comparing Fitz to Moss pre-draft. I think it's disappointing that we're lowering the bar already.
It's his rookie season! Of course the bar is going to be lower this year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Roy Williams?

Moss had almost more TDs in 1 yr than RW did in his career

You must be registered for see images

That's not a completely fair comparison since Moss played at a Mid Major and in a system designed to throw the ball, IMHO at least.

Roy Williams will be a stud in the right system he will shine. I don't know if he has the right QB to deliver the ball since he is almost exclusively a deep threat type reciever.

Randy Moss could be the best reciever to ever play the game because he can do that and make acrobatic catches. He gets by on pure ability but with a little drive he could demolish the record book.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
no it wasn't...not even close to your voice ?? :shrug:
It totally was. I asked him if he'd seen the same thing that Shane commented on regarding seperation, then I said I'm still not convinced that he's going to be the all world player people think he is (I should have added, "at least not right away"), then I said as a general rule I'd avoid drafting top five, too much money and too much risk.

I didn't even mention Jackson... My mom is so proud of me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
It totally was. I asked him if he'd seen the same thing that Shane commented on regarding seperation, then I said I'm still not convinced that he's going to be the all world player people think he is (I should have added, "at least not right away"), then I said as a general rule I'd avoid drafting top five, too much money and too much risk.

I thought you were the guy who told him that the Cards' second-best player was Emmitt. Who was that?

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
kerouac9 said:

True dat....Fitz is not the burner of either

Marshall was Div 1A though - since 1997 - Moss's last year. He set the records at 1A.

McNair was Alcorn State - Div 1 AA

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I thought you were the guy who told him that the Cards' second-best player was Emmitt. Who was that?
That's pretty funny, because I thought that was JW7 at first, just because it sounded like him, not because of what he said.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

ok - that's why I didn't think it was you - no Taylor or SJ reference :biglaugh:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Whoever called that in Kemp was asking him if he was in the sun too much to say something like that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
True dat....Fitz is not the burner of either

Marshall was Div 1A though - since 1997 - Moss's last year. He set the records at 1A.

McNair was Alcorn State - Div 1 AA

Mid-major. Sorry about that. It's not like Moss was playing Florida State or Michigan or anything. That's what I meant.

I think that Fitz will end up being like T.O. Owens doesn't have great stopwatch speed, but makes up for it in strength, precise routes, moves, and passion to be the best. I think that Fitz won't have the three-year learning curve that T.O. had, which will be good.

If we burned a #3 overall pick for a guy that manages Cris Carter's 12.6 career YPC average, I'm going to be disappointed.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

It's a valid concern. I can see a lot of TD's from him but not a lot of yards because he will get tackled when he catches the ball, that is if he catches the ball and it's not batted away.

He will have to rely on route running and at least a few moves to get enough seperation in the redzone.

However he is plenty fast enough to get seperation over his career he is just a kid and hasn't learned all the tricks yet. He will struggle with seperation his first year more than some believe but it will go away later in his career.

Rickey Prohl get's seperation without speed it's a learned thing. You know where you are going but the CB has to guess.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
ok - that's why I didn't think it was you - no Taylor or SJ reference

I've been pretty quiet on that front since the draft ended.
I was pretty quiet after not drafting Leftwich last year also.
I'm on board with thier picks, and I'm totally behind them.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Mid-major. Sorry about that. It's not like Moss was playing Florida State or Michigan or anything. That's what I meant.

I think that Fitz will end up being like T.O. Owens doesn't have great stopwatch speed, but makes up for it in strength, precise routes, moves, and passion to be the best. I think that Fitz won't have the three-year learning curve that T.O. had, which will be good.

If we burned a #3 overall pick for a guy that manages Cris Carter's 12.6 career YPC average, I'm going to be disappointed.

..but the guy only scored TDs :biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05