its official

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I just cannot believe that Stern, Jackson, and the NBA in general is rewarding thug play.

But I've got to hand it to Horry. He is a freaking genius, and probably laughing it up right now. What's the best way to ensure that the Spurs win the series? Slam Nash down right in front of the Suns bench to entice them onto the court.

Just ********, IMO.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a joke no wonder that jackass stern canceled his precious trip to phoenix because baby Stern knows he just made it almost impossible for us to win without two of our key players. Well lets win this for amare and diaw Nash will ball in game 5 after what Horry did to him and what the nba did to amare and diaw... If you win this series spurs fans it wont be legit AND HORRY IS A COMPLETE JACKASS HE SHOULDNT EVEN HAVE HIS NAME MENTIONED FOR THE HALL OF FAME AFTER WHAT HE DID THIS SERIES

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Arizona Repbulic
May. 15, 2007 12:21 PM

The NBA today suspended Suns forwards Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw one game for leaving the bench during a skirmish that took place during the closing minutes of Game 4 in San Antonio.

Stoudemire and Diaw will not play in Wednesday's Game5 of the Western Conference semifinals at US Airways Center.

The best-of-seven series — already known for its physical nature — is tied 2-2.

Robert Horry was suspended two games. The Spurs veteran started the scuffle with a hard foul on Suns guard Steve Nash with 18.2 seconds left in Phoenix's 104-98 win Monday.

Horry received a 1st Flagrant Type 2 foul and was ejected. Stoudemire and Diaw left the bench, they claim, for different reasons. Stoudemire said he was walking to the scorer's table to check into the game. Diaw said he was just checking to see if Nash was OK.

"I don't think I really came off the bench," Diaw said before the suspension was announced. "I just wanted to see if Steve was hurt."

NBA rules state that during an altercation, "all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game."

The suspensions leave the Suns shorthanded and without their leading scorer. Stoudemire has averaged 23.5 points and 10.3 rebounds against the Spurs, despite recent foul trouble limiting his minutes. He was the only Suns player to participate in every game this season, regular-season and playoffs combined.

Diaw has averaged 6.8 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 22.8 minutes. Along with Leandro Barbosa, he is often the first Suns reserve off the bench.

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't immediately available to comment on the suspensions.

After practice earlier Tuesday, D'Antoni said he wasn't sure who would join his usual eight-man rotation if Stoudemire and Diaw can't play. James Jones or Leandro Barbosa could join Nash, Raja Bell, Kurt Thomas and Shawn Marion in the lineup.

"I'm not there yet, I don't even want to think about it,'' he said. "Somebody's going to log some minutes, I know that much.''

Possibilities include Pat Burke and Jalen Rose.

Rose, a veteran with Finals experience, hasn't played in the Western Conference semifinals, but played nine minutes in Game 2 against the Lakers.

"Everybody feels ready, but until you get out there .. you have to wait and see,'' Rose said.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load of horseshit. HORSESHIT

Duncan and Bowen don't get suspended? And then Stern doesn't even have the balls to show his face in PHX. Stern is the biggest hatchet wound to walk this earth

Nice knowin you guys (for at least a week)

No ban here.

I am allowing Suns fans to vent. Spurs fans should know better than to come and gloat.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F#CK STERN. YOU FREAKING COWARD. Way to award the Spurs for a cheap shot. If the Suns don't win this series, F#CK the NBA. I WILL NOT WATCH THE NBA PLAYOFFS THE REST OF THE WAY.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated: May 15, 2007, 6:59 PM ET
NBA suspends Stoudemire, Diaw for leaving benchAssociated Press

PHOENIX -- Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio, a person with knowledge of the penalty said Tuesday.

Horry was suspended for two games after knocking Nash into the scorer's table with 18 seconds remaining in the Suns' 104-98 victory in San Antonio Monday night that evened the best-of-seven series 2-2, said the person, who sought anonymity because the official announcement had not yet been made.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

OP
OP
T

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
I officially hate the spurs MORE than anybody else in the league!! unbeliveable. and all this you cant change the rule crap is exactly that, CRAP...you just change the penalty to an automatic fine and possible suspension, easy to fix!! COME ON

mribnik

Reaction score
Screw it. Almost everything has gone against the Suns this series and they are still tied at 2. This team just had an amazing comeback against a championship caliber team on the road in a game they had no business winning. Nash will be there for game 5, and I wouldn't be surprised if immediately hearing of the suspensions, Nash hauled his ass to the gym and started taking jumpshots. Nash will lead this team to a series win, even if he has to lob alley-oops to Pat Burke to do it.

The home crowd should be louder than ever before on Wednesday, and I expect a HUGE game from Nash, Marion, Bell, Barbosa, KT, Jones and whoever else D'Antoni puts out there.

D F'n B!

valpez

Reaction score
I finished putting this post together before I heard the official news of Amare and Diaw getting a one game suspension. I'll still post it, since it is picture proof that the League's ruling is complete horse.

-----

After reading through many of these threads, I decided to go into the videos and grab the vital moments during this incident, in order to prove that Amare should NOT be suspended, according to the league rule.

The League Rule, Law: During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game.

The keyword of this whole argument is during.

You must be registered for see images

This is before Nash is shoved to the ground. Amare is clearly on the sidelines.

This is just as Nash is shoved to the ground by Horry. Again, Amare is still on the sidelines.

This is the first moment Amare sets foot on the court. No altercation has taken place, yet, as is evident since the jersey of Bell (who was part of the later altercation) can be seen between Duncan's left arm and left hip.

This is Amare still in the same vicinity, on the court, and Bell starting to head towards Horry.

Lastly, here is Amare approaching Nash, during the Bell-Horry altercation. His feet are clearly pointed towards Nash, who is on the floor in front of him.

According to the NBA law, Amare would be suspended if he first stepped foot onto the court AFTER Bell had initiated the altercation. But that wasn't the case here. Amare was on the court BEFORE Bell even began approaching Horry. Amare was on the court initially because wanted to see if Nash was all right, still laying on the floor.

Amare was not involved in the altercation, nor was he aware of the altercation when he first stepped foot on the court. The altercation was not the flagrant foul by Horry to Nash, it was the Bell-Horry situation. One more time to hit home: Amare was first on the floor during the Nash-Horry to check on Nash. He was not first on the floor during the Bell-Horry.

There ya go. Cut and dry. Amare should not suspended [even though he was].

Last video screenshot taken from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp4UF4Av_g0
First four video screenshots taken from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qe7PGCQvI

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
This is infuriating. What a f'ing joke. Stern single handedly may have taken our NBA ring from us. They get game 5 gift wrapped because douchebag horry decided to play cheap.

I hope his plane crashes on the way to cleveland

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Worst-case scenario...just as I predicted. :lol:

The Suns won game 6 in LA last year w/o Raja, but I doubt they can win with both Amare and Boris gone. One or the other maybe, but not both.

Edit--oh, and I want to see blood on the floor in game 5, and not Steve's, either. Every moment the Spurs were out of a game this series, they've been delivering cheap shots; now the Suns have 48 full minutes of cheap-shot time, and they need to accomplish something with it.

Last edited:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the opening tip off...Burke should kick Duncan in the jewels as hard as he can and put Duncan on the bench for the rest of the game...

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I can't wait for David Stern to step foot into the Valley of the Sun at some point. He will never be welcome here again. Hope you don't have a winter home here David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05