its official

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
RETALIATION!!!!

The Suns have at least two chances to get Duncan, Manu or Parker to come off the bench into the floor and get suspended. I'd wait for a crucial moment in the game and then pop one of their star players straight in the mouth (while, draw a little blood if they have to). That should be enough to get someone valuable off the bench into the floor. If they don't come to the floor then at least they'll be looking over their backs wondering when the next blow will come.

If this is what Stern wants his leage to turn into then let's give it to him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't believe in curses, but I've given up hope that this franchise will ever win a title. There have just been too many golden opportunities lost by the wayside.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is so stupid. What team is hurt worse by these suspensions? C'mon. You have GOT to be kidding me.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at a complete loss for words. The sad part is that you know Stern gets off on this stuff. He is so full of himself it makes me sick. To suspend Stat and Diaw for that is a complete joke. cornholio

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
RETALIATION!!!!

The Suns have at least two chances to get Duncan, Manu or Parker to come off the bench into the floor and get suspended. I'd wait for a crucial moment in the game and then pop one of their star players straight in the mouth (while, draw a little blood if they have to). That should be enough to get someone valuable off the bench into the floor. If they don't come to the floor then at least they'll be looking over their backs wondering when the next blow will come.

If this is what Stern wants his leage to turn into then let's give it to him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Once again, the league rewards the Spurs for their cheap **** play, while they lose a bit player. Did Boris or Amare really endanger anybody more than Bowen or Horry? With one or the other out, you would at least feel we have a fighting chance, but with both out, turn out the lights on game 5. I seriously doubt we'll win in SA again, basically screwing us out of any advantage or chance we had in the series. Kudos to the NBA, I can't wait to see the ratings with the Spurs and Pistons in the finals, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot again.

I hate the Spurs, they are everything that is wrong with the NBA, a team that basically plays 1 on 1, with the other scrubs only scoring because the defense focuses on Duncan. They are the equivalent of the neutral zone trap in hockey, taking advantage of every hole in the rules to win series. The NBA talks about creating a free-flowing and entertaining game, because it isn't football or another sport, it's supposed to reward creativity and athleticism. Once again, a team finds a way to take advantage of the rules, and we are faced with the proposition of a Jerry Sloan vs. Pop WCF, and a Detroit vs. SA finals. What a shame.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now watch Mr. Laker fan get on here and cheer.

Why would I cheer? I'm just not surprised. It really sucks and is crap that Horry's cheap shot could turn the series, but the rules are what they are.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lets bring in the end of our bench and let them punch Duncan in the mouth. Who cares if they get suspended for the rest of the playoffs, take Duncan out, injure him whatever.
That's apparently what the Spurs like and what the NBA endorses.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Since Chandler Mike is giving us some space...

Spurs - You are cheats.

I fully hope that Burke comes out and takes a dive at Tim Duncans Knees... that ought to get a few guys jumping off their bench. Wait to do it when Manu and Parker are sitting on the bench, so we bait them into coming out.

If Burke misses the knee and serious injury... I would hope that Marks comes out and tries it again....

If Marks fails, then have Marcus Banks come and take a dive at the knees of Tony Parker...

I would love to see David Stern's reaction with that. He just endorsed the idea of a 'goon' taking out the best player, especially when the game is over, and rewarding them with that 'strategic' move. It is sickening.

btw, I don't want to do the above... but David Stern has just made it a viable strategy.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I pray to god that D'Antoni puts Jumaine Jones in with a minute left and absolutely knocks Parker or Duncan out. I seriously hope that happens. They deserve everything they get.

Still, how does Duncan and Bowen not get suspended too?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Let's just cut through the crap guys.

Nobody from the Suns is going to retaliate.

D'antoni doesn't have the guts to make it happen.

Ozzie Guillen he ain't.

And that's sad.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody needs to knee David Stern. No biggie, right?

Then step on his insole.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that really sucks is that the refs are gonna be all over everybody during game 5. I bet they call every little thing because they are looking for retalliation from the Suns.

Errr.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I am worried that tomorrow could get ugly, hopefully Raja can keep his head. While I am not for sending a player in to intentionally injur a Spurs player, I am not 100% sure that Pop didn't send in Horry to foul Nash hard. That being said, I wouldn't be sad to see Duncan, Bowen, or Ginobili go down hard tomorrow night a few times. Hopefully Burke will use all 6 fouls wisely and get their full value.

Reaction score
Kings fan here.

This series seriously stinks man. Bowen is allowed to be the dirtiest player in the league with no suspensions and Horry is allowed to bait 2 suns starters? This completely sucks. This series was really starting to heat up and now the NBA hands game 5 to the spurs on a silver platter. You guys are seriously getting jobbed. I HATE THE DIRTY A$& SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
The thing that really sucks is that the refs are gonna be all over everybody during game 5. I bet they call every little thing because they are looking for retalliation from the Suns.

Errr.

And you know how much they love to whistle KT. With no Stat and Diaw, that could be a scary situation. I'm so pissed i'm shaking

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
we got punished for the Spurs wrongdoings. This is absolute bullsh!t. David Stern & Co should be shot!

Mirth

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't post much here. But this is absolute crap. I am appalled at the NBA and all that this ruling implies. I will not argue the points as others have covered them much better than I could. But I will say that I will definately not watch the NBA for the rest of the year if we lose this series due to this.

Absolute BS.

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
Man I sure hope that the Suns come out swinging tomorrow. I want to see elbows and knees. Also, any fans that are at the game and are lucky enough to courtside kick the Spurs fans if they fall into the crowd. Let them know they are not welcome here. If Stern can't provide a level playing field then maybe the fans can!

Man I would pay to see everyone in Stern's vicinity dump their drinks on him tomorrow.

There is a reason why the NFL reigns supreme over the NBA.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's the thing. ALL the pressure is now on the Spurs. Why? Because Game 6 is going to be a monumental game for us in that both Amare and Boris will be on a mission. Yes, even soft Boris. When Amare plays angry, look out.

If we win game 5 by some miracle, the series is ours, IMO. We will win in 6. If we LOSE game 5, then there will be a game 7 in Phoenix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05