Iverson asks to be traded

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12082006/sports/bad_answer_sports_peter_vecsey.htm

Wonder where he could go and how such a big deal could go down during the season since Iverson makes a lot of money.

I'd like to see him in Phoenix, he is a really good guy, too bad we have no room or use for him.

PS: Anyone who thinks Iverson is a thug, lighten up.

If Iguodala is available, get something done! This guy would explode on this team.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
How do you figure that out? Considering he is one of the most caring players off the court and does quite a lot of charity stuff?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2665001

Dude has got a lot of heart on the court. And single handedly led the 76ers to the Finals.

Though off the court...is another story.

Remember the time he took his wife out of his house naked while brandishing a firearm?

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0711/1404559.html

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Dude has got a lot of heart on the court. And single handedly led the 76ers to the Finals.

Remember the time he took his wife out of his house naked while brandishing a firearm?

He also paid for this young kid's funeral when he heard the kid got killed because he wouldn't give up his AI shirt.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score

How do we know she didn't deserve to be thrown out of the house naked. At least he didn't beat her then throw her out.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Greg Oden sweepstakes Philly.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound harsh in my previous post. What I'm getting at is when people get into arguments their emotions get the best of them. If all he did was throw her out of the house naked maybe that prevented him from harming her physically.

jibikao

Reaction score
Which team wants him? Garbage team...

He is going to Knicks!!!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
iverson for david lee and channing fry.

knick starting lineup:

Marbury
Crawford
Francis
Robinson
Iverson

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
If you put aside his supposedly bad personality, he's one hell of a player. And despite his huge contract, he's definitively tradeable. But he's bound to go to a second tier team like Denver, Atlanta or Indiana.

Anyway, seems like the 76ers are in full rebuild mode now.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least they have a centerpiece to build around in Webber. They will be fine.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of one team that could be suited to take on Iverson. Boston is the only possiblility that I can think of, and I doubt Philly would trade him to someone within the same division/conference.

fordronken

Reaction score
If he gets traded, which is a big "if", it'll be interesting to see what he goes for. Billy King is an idiot, so it'll obviously be a bad trade for them. But it's a question of whether he tries to get a "name", or if he just shoots for some favorable contracts, hopefully a young player, and some draft picks.

This trade could go any number of ways. Here are some random examples I came up with while waiting for a 9:30 appointment:

Kings
Iverson for Bibby, Abdur-Rahim and a first rounder.

Hawks (after December 15th)
Iverson for Speedy Claxton, Marvin Williams, Lorenzen Wright and Tyronne Lue

Orlando
Iverson for Grant Hill(expiring contract) and Jameer Nelson
(I think that would make Orlando a pretty scary team in the playoffs)

Minnesota
Iverson for Ricky Davis, Randy Foye, Marko Jaric and Mark Madsen

Denver
Iverson and Samuel Dalembert for Joe Smith(expiring contract), Andre Miller, Eduardo Najera and Marcus Camby

Chicago
Iverson for P.J. Brown(expiring contract), Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni(expiring contract) and a first rounder

Clippers
Iverson and Korver for Mobley, Maggette and Livingston

There's also the already talked about Celtics one for Ratliff, Green and Jefferson.

I looked at one for the Lakers, but the only way to do it would be to completely destroy their front line. They'd be starting Luke Walton at center.

All right. That's all. I've gotta run.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he gets traded, which is a big "if", it'll be interesting to see what he goes for. Billy King is an idiot, so it'll obviously be a bad trade for them. But it's a question of whether he tries to get a "name", or if he just shoots for some favorable contracts, hopefully a young player, and some draft picks.

This trade could go any number of ways. Here are some random examples I came up with while waiting for a 9:30 appointment:

Kings
Iverson for Bibby, Abdur-Rahim and a first rounder.

Hawks (after December 15th)
Iverson for Speedy Claxton, Marvin Williams, Lorenzen Wright and Tyronne Lue

Orlando
Iverson for Grant Hill(expiring contract) and Jameer Nelson
(I think that would make Orlando a pretty scary team in the playoffs)

Minnesota
Iverson for Ricky Davis, Randy Foye, Marko Jaric and Mark Madsen

Denver
Iverson and Samuel Dalembert for Joe Smith(expiring contract), Andre Miller, Eduardo Najera and Marcus Camby

Chicago
Iverson for P.J. Brown(expiring contract), Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni(expiring contract) and a first rounder

Clippers
Iverson and Korver for Mobley, Maggette and Livingston

There's also the already talked about Celtics one for Ratliff, Green and Jefferson.

I looked at one for the Lakers, but the only way to do it would be to completely destroy their front line. They'd be starting Luke Walton at center.

All right. That's all. I've gotta run.

I could see the Kings. They need to start over, or at least start new. Iverson would be a new start.

Hawks, Minnesota, and especially Chicago aint happening.

Denver is interesting, but they are playing good ball right now. I don't think that the Clippers would give up Mobley, Maggette, and Livingston for Iverson.

I still think that Boston has the most young pieces that would be needed in order to make an Iverson deal work.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Orlando can have him if they want him, using Hill's contract. I'm not saying it's a great fit, but Howard/Iverson/Nelson/Milicic could definitely make some noise in the East.

Portland is intriguing: Magloire gets them halfway there, and then they could include either LaFrentz or Miles (although Philadelphia probably doesn't want either of them). They could also use Przybilla, another expiring contract, but that would pressure on Aldridge to become the full-time center right away. They could sweeten the deal with Rodriguez and/or Webster.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orlando can have him if they want him, using Hill's contract. I'm not saying it's a great fit, but Howard/Iverson/Nelson/Milicic could definitely make some noise in the East.

Portland is intriguing: Magloire gets them halfway there, and then they could include either LaFrentz or Miles (although Philadelphia probably doesn't want either of them). They could also use Przybilla, another expiring contract, but that would pressure on Aldridge to become the full-time center right away. They could sweeten the deal with Rodriguez and/or Webster.

I think that Portland would need to use Magliore, Rodriguez, and a pick to get it done.

There are talks of Magliore being traded to the Nets for Collins. Wow, what a shadow of a player Magliore has become.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think that Portland would need to use Magliore, Rodriguez, and a pick to get it done.

Probably, but they'd still have to add another big salary. Iverson makes $18.2 million this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably, but they'd still have to add another big salary. Iverson makes $18.2 million this season.

I am not familiar enough the Portland salaries in order to know who could be a filler.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I am not familiar enough the Portland salaries in order to know who could be a filler.

The salaries in the right ballpark are LaFrentz, Przybilla, and Miles. Przybilla is expiring and the others have a couple of years left.

I use the Salaries pages on hoopshype.com. They have some omissions and mistakes, but the information is laid out clearly and is almost always right. Patricia Bender's site is supposed to be more accurate, but I find it hard to use and have never bothered to save the link. RealGM is okay, but the interface is clunky and they give "salary ratios" instead of real numbers, which is a pain.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Iverson plays extremely hard every game and wants to win as hard as any player in the NBA, but, he is still a ball hog and any team he is on will have a hard time winning because of it. He has to be on a team where all the players will just let him shoot all the time like he does. If he goes to the Celtics he will have to share with Pierce and I am not sure that will work.

There is still the issue of his entourage also. He always has lots of people around him off the court.

Did all of you read the article about him and the general manager a few years ago. Iverson always has his friends around him and they are obviously gang members or were at one time. The G.M. told his friends in front of Iverson, in the parking lot, that if they got him into trouble he personally would go and burn there house down!