Jeff Blake will Lead Us

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
The Saints before Blake in 1999 3-13 (W/L). The Saints after Blake joined in 2000 10-6 (W/L). Blake's record before his injury 7-3 (W/L). The Saints went on to the playoffs. Since Blake left the Saints (due to salary cap issues) the Saints have NOT been to the playoffs.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tashunca
The Saints before Blake in 1999 3-13 (W/L). The Saints after Blake joined in 2000 10-6 (W/L). Blake's record before his injury 7-3 (W/L). The Saints went on to the playoffs. Since Blake left the Saints (due to salary cap issues) the Saints have NOT been to the playoffs.

Im sure ricky williams and the dominaing D they had then had nothing to do with that right.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Im sure ricky williams and the dominaing D they had then had nothing to do with that right.

Hey we all love Jake. Get over it he is gone! Why make a crusade of bad mouthing Blake before he has thrown one pass for us??

Do you love the Cards? Yes I believe you do. Do you love Jake more than the Cards? You answer.

What is the point??????????? Do you have one? :D

I don't think so. I really don't. :confused:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Hey we all love Jake. Get over it he is gone! Why make a crusade of bad mouthing Blake before he has thrown one pass for us??

Do you love the Cards? Yes I believe you do. Do you love Jake more than the Cards? You answer.

What is the point??????????? Do you have one? :D

I don't think so. I really don't. :confused:

Let me ask you what the hell you are talking about. Im just saying that blake was not the only reason they became good. He just made it out to seem that blake saved the saints when actually a lot more moves came into the equation. I am a plummer fan but that post had nothing to do with him. I honestly had no thought of him when typing my response to tashunca. I am more of a cards fan than a plummer fan. If i was just a plummer fan i would write on bronco boards and leave this one. I love the cards more than any one player. My point was that Ricky and the D had more to do with it than blake even though he did help. But didnt brooks also lead them to the playoffs so where was the point of his post?:confused:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Let me ask you what the hell you are talking about. Im just saying that blake was not the only reason they became good. He just made it out to seem that blake saved the saints when actually a lot more moves came into the equation. I am a plummer fan but that post had nothing to do with him. I honestly had no thought of him when typing my response to tashunca. I am more of a cards fan than a plummer fan. If i was just a plummer fan i would write on bronco boards and leave this one. I love the cards more than any one player. My point was that Ricky and the D had more to do with it than blake even though he did help. But didnt brooks also lead them to the playoffs so where was the point of his post?:confused:

My point is who cares? What are you predicting? We will suck because we have Blake instead of Plummer? I never said you were only a Plummer fan, in fact go back and read my post and you will see I gave you credit in that respect. I know you are a Cardinals fan. I question why defend Jake or post about Blake vs Jake? It is ridiculous at this point.

Who cares. Once the Regular Season comes and Blake sucks, I will be the first to tell or agree with you.

It is July 22, and people are already comparing Jake to Blake. Come on people, both QB's have played their careers with different players, even DURING the regular season the only true and fair comparision is a starting QB on the Cards being replaced by a new starting QB on the Cards. This means during the same season, without any injuries differing during their respective performances.

All the rest of it is just speculation and speculation is just b/s. It is all Apples and Oranges. This QB with this offense vs these teams vs This QB with this offense vs these teams.

Anyway I realize the fallacies in this argument, I wish the rest of you would.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

Our defense is no good because they get demoralized by all of Jakes turnovers deep in thier territory.

Our defense can't get any sacks, because the other team is always running the ball since they're always ahead, due to Jakes turnovers, and poor completion percentage.

Our running back is no good, because the defense has 8 in the box, since our quarterback can't complete a pass.

Our tight end has poor numbers, because Jake can't see him jumping up and down in the end zone.

Jake only has so many comebacks, because he's the reason we are always behind.

Jake has so few sacks, because he'd rather throw into coverage.

Jake has so many interceptions, because he won't throw it away, or take a sack.

WOW Lex, that was one of the clearest and most distinct summaries of why we've been so bad these past four years that I've read!

Excellent Post! Now, thanks to your astute observations, hopefully everyone will understand why a change at QB was so badly needed.

Thank you. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
If you go to nfl.com look at heap's game log for last year. Every game he was a factor in his avg. YPC was around 15. Jake has been under pressure his whole carrer in arizona. I do not remember when he has ever had that much time. He usually has to scramble. In the last three years he played here he was sacked every game except for 5. When has this line ever been healthy enough or good enough to protect him? Is that per game stuff the actual times blake started or that blake has just been in. One game last year he was in but did not throw one attempt. His first year in the league it has him down for three games but he only threw 9 balls so is that in the per game average to? Last year Blakes sack per GS total was 3 while plummer was 2.2(i rounded up). Some people say stats dont lie and i agree but stats are misleading. My cuz is a rabid bengals fan and i was told all about him not to mention the games i did watch of him with the bengals and ravens. I say what i see. Blake is only 6 feet tall. He has never been known to throw a mid-range ball. How many games of him did u catch? Obviously none. You go by what you hear instead of actually watching him. You look up stats on nfl.com and then spit something off. Watch him play and then you will see what i am talking about. Lets make a friendly wager that F. Jones will not have more than 400 yards recieving and no more than 3 TD's. You call it crap bc it is something you dont wanna believe while others call it truth bc they have knowledge. Take your pick. Remember also that redmond threw to heap to. Blakes numbers with heap are 582 yards and one of those games heap was just flat out crazy with 146 yards recieving. He also only had 2 Td's with blake while with redmond he had 4 in 5 games. 5 out of the 9 games his long was over 20 and 7 out of the 9 games his avg. YPC was over 10. So it dosent look to me like he saw him much especially in the red zone.

I would bemore than happy to accept your wager provided you accept my counter wager.

I will bet you that Freddie Jones easily reaches 400 yards and 3 TD's if you will bet me that Plummer throws more TD's than INTs.

That really shouldn't be a problem for him right? I mean with great new line, Hall of Fame TE, Pro Bowl RB, and proven Recieving corps, it should be a snap, yeah?

Lets say that the winner gets to re-write the others sig line for a month after the season. Sound good?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
I would bemore than happy to accept your wager provided you accept my counter wager.

I will bet you that Freddie Jones easily reaches 400 yards and 3 TD's if you will bet me that Plummer throws more TD's than INTs.

That really shouldn't be a problem for him right? I mean with great new line, Hall of Fame TE, Pro Bowl RB, and proven Recieving corps, it should be a snap, yeah?

Lets say that the winner gets to re-write the others sig line for a month after the season. Sound good?

Alright its a bet.:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

My conspiracy theory in regards to Boston is, he was always above playing here. His focus the entire time he was here, was to enhance his value to a worthy team. His view of us was tainted by a citizen that followed him home, and got him busted, thus screwing up his plan. Since his plan was out the window, he decided to take last year off, make sure he didn't injure his chances of being paid this year.

What do you think the "reason" the Cardinals let him walk was?

So to summarize, DB wants to maximize his value to another team. IN order to do this he:

1) Fakes a knee injury in camp and announces he needs surgery but will postpone it.

2) Fakes a foot injury(they use Liz Franc for poetic effect).

3) Intentionally drops balls and tanks games the first 8 weeks.

4) Fakes a knee injury, announces he will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season.

Sounds logical to me, we all know 3 injuries in one year and reports of chronic tendinitis are a sure way to INCREASE one's market value in the NFL.

What I can't figure out is why DB didn't decide to throw in a positive test for Stanozol or maybe get caught in a crackhouse to really make sure he got the BIG bucks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rickey wasn't that good that year. He became better after he left if you recall.

They did have a good defense, which has dropped off since Blake left, in part because of personnel, in part because Brooks turns it over more than Blake. I love Brooks but until he limits his mistakes, New Orleans is going to continue to be one of the most inconsistent teams in teh NFL.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Rickey wasn't that good that year. He became better after he left if you recall.

If you recall ricky rushed for 1,000 yards that year and caught for almost 500 yards. He was hurt the last 6 games. He did come back for the playoffs even though he did not start. Imagine if he played all 16 healthy. He would have been the top back that year and maybe MVP. Even though he was hurt he did have a good year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05