Jeff Blake will Lead Us

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Turnovers...you're talking about when a passer throws the ball to a receiver? Why would all those exchanges between players be the passers fault?

We've all known the unusually high number of drops by our receivers last year. Martay Jenkins may not make the team in the ATL, seems he can't catch, or run routes correctly.

Rob Moore left here and got cut by Denver.

Kasper couldn't make the Bronco's, but he looked pretty good for us. (Shanahan could have decided Jake was his man based on this fact alone)

I don't care what anyone says, David Boston is a scumbag, not because he imbibed, because he tanked his season last year. I was there. I saw how short his arms were, he missed passes on purpose. While I can't prove it, I think Boston was benched because that's exactly what he wanted us to do, because he had no intention of trying to help the team. You don't franchise tag a guy that would do this. The Cardinals continue to claim they had very good reasons to let him walk.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are you saying that Emmit's "Winning Attitude" is not important ?

Humm..., what about Dexter Jackson's "Winning Attitude" ? And I can assure you he does have one.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Russ- in your world everything bad is Jake Plummers fault.

In your world everything good is done in spite of Jake Plummer.

Lex, you keep saying this over and over again but it just isn't true and no matter how many times you state it (and I know it's your opinion, but you are stating what this Russ is saying), it still will not be true.

I have seen nobody suggest all our problems were Jake's fault, it's getting down to the "Show me the post time".

So show us where somebody has said this, otherwise please drop it. It's isn't true.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Twice in one day?

But you also have to take in account all the teams that stacked the line against Jake....those teams, in theory, should have more sacks.

That I actually "defended" Jake in a post twice in one day!

I think we see lots of blitzes in recent years because we never consistently made teams pay for doing it.

But then you get teams like the 49ers that rush with one thing in mind, contain the corners so Jake has to stay in the pocket and step up and throw. They just knew if they kept him in the pocket he was much more likely to throw into coverage than if they rushed him out of the pocket.

Griese was totally different, teams blitzed him to sack him, the complaint from Bronco fans is he'd stand there and take the sack instead of throwing it away, because he was worried about his %.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Russ- in your world everything bad is Jake Plummers fault.

In your world everything good is done in spite of Jake Plummer.

The statistics you lean on for your opinions, are all twisted to prove Jake Plummer is the root of all evil.

You have set yourself up to undergo a screen name change by the middle of this season.

Enjoy!

Because my name is going to change?

Look Jake is the antichrist, I don't make the rules I just read the signs and they say Jake should be wearing 666 not 16.

Does that make you happier?

I've made my problem with Jake very clear for years, after the '98 season where the defense took HIM to the playoffs, the team responded with a series of mistakes beginning with jake's contract.

The result was 4 crappy years. We were absolutely LOCKED AND LOADED after '98, young team, reasonable cap situation, 2 first round picks. INjuries hurt us no question(Swann, Smith, Wadsworth, Moore) but basically we made a calculated decision to tie our boat to Jake Plummer, and he sunk us like a big anchor.

We kept thinking we can get by with the defense because eventually this offense is going to "smoke" people, it never happened and one day we woke up and realized we had virtually no talent on defense and had to rebuild.

That's why I think Jake is the single biggest reason for the last 4 years. The entire plan of post '98 was build around #16, and it failed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

I don't care what anyone says, David Boston is a scumbag, not because he imbibed, because he tanked his season last year. I was there. I saw how short his arms were, he missed passes on purpose. While I can't prove it, I think Boston was benched because that's exactly what he wanted us to do, because he had no intention of trying to help the team. You don't franchise tag a guy that would do this. The Cardinals continue to claim they had very good reasons to let him walk.

So that knee surgery thing was just an invention to cover him being benched?

What color is the sky in your world Lex?

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Nidan- some examples:

Our defense is no good because they get demoralized by all of Jakes turnovers deep in thier territory.

Our defense can't get any sacks, because the other team is always running the ball since they're always ahead, due to Jakes turnovers, and poor completion percentage.

Our running back is no good, because the defense has 8 in the box, since our quarterback can't complete a pass.

Our tight end has poor numbers, because Jake can't see him jumping up and down in the end zone.

Jake only has so many comebacks, because he's the reason we are always behind.

Jake has so few sacks, because he'd rather throw into coverage.

Jake has so many interceptions, because he won't throw it away, or take a sack.

Our kicker is no good, because he gets no practice, since Jake can't get the ball in field goal range.

Our cheerleaders aren't as pretty as before, because they're afraid Jake may wander over to the sideline and grab thier...

How's that Nidan?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex,

Wow. That post made it so clear that Russ is incredibly biased while you are just level-headed fair. The comment about the cheerleaders really makes you look good, in particular. :rolleyes:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Jake is gone.

SO tired of rehashing Jake right now.

Might be fun by game three or four of the season. But for right now...please, please, please, just stop it. Please.

Or if you must, take it to the donkey board.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Russ- When exactly did this fantom knee injury happen to poor David?

I didn't see it. Did you?

I believe it happened on the play where Boston made the circus catch of the lousy throw against Dallas and did a flip.

Seriously, you genuninely believe Boston did NOT have knee surgery?

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Russ- I could go have knee surgery this afternoon. Hell, I could be in Steadman's office by tomorrow, and stay in the Kobe Hotel.

I'm saying, when did the knee INJURY happen?

I didn't see it.

You believe it happened in the Dallas game.

I believe it was an excuse to bench him.

In the absense of proof for either belief, we'll have to agree to disagree.

My point all along.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Russ- I could go have knee surgery this afternoon. Hell, I could be in Steadman's office by tomorrow, and stay in the Kobe Hotel.

I didn't see it.

My point all along.

Wow. So you are saying that either the Cardinals gave Boston a false diagnosis, or that Boston intentionally got surgery he didn't need. And, that a surgeon risked his license by perpetuating the sham and performing the surgery.

That's so nuts it's freakin' brilliant. It's looney tunes reasoning like this that make message boards so much fun.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

I didn't see it.

My point all along.

I didn't see Jake's thumb injury either, was than an excuse for his bad '99 season? Come one you're just being childish now you can't seriously believe the Cards just invented his knee injury, did they make up the liz franc injury in camp too?

And no you couldn't have surgery this afternoon with Steadman or any reputable doctor, hell it took me 4 months to get my doctor to agree that I needed knee surgery the first time.

The Cards said he hurt the knee in the Dallas game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Wow. So you are saying that either the Cardinals gave Boston a false diagnosis, or that Boston intentionally got surgery he didn't need. And, that a surgeon risked his license by perpetuating the sham and performing the surgery.

That's so nuts it's freakin' brilliant. It's looney tunes reasoning like this that make message boards so much fun.

It's just brilliant. It's like the scene in the first terminator movie where the shrink is talking to Reese and he says he could make a career out of this guys claims to be from the future.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Russ- I don't remember Jake having any thumb injury, but I sure remember the image on TV of Jakes ring finger stuck in a Redskin's facemask. Is that what you're talking about?

As far as diagnosis, give me a break. Atheletes decide to delay knee surgery all the time. Atheletes needing knee surgery are different than Russ Smith, weekend warrior needing knee surgery.

Anyone remember Eric Swann?

If a player says "my knee hurts" the team looks at it. Lets say the team claims "there's nothing wrong with your knee," just some loose particles, you won't do any more damage by waiting till off season. The player says, "NO I CAN'T GO."

What does the team do?

Can the team force him to play?

The answer is no. They come out in the media, and announce the player is out for the year with a knee injury.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Russ- I don't remember Jake having any thumb injury, but I sure remember the image on TV of Jakes ring finger stuck in a Redskin's facemask. Is that what you're talking about?

As far as diagnosis, give me a break. Atheletes decide to delay knee surgery all the time. Atheletes needing knee surgery are different than Russ Smith, weekend warrior needing knee surgery.

If a player says "my knee hurts" the team looks at it. Lets say the team claims "there's nothing wrong with your knee," just some loose particles, you won't do any more damage by waiting till off season. The player says, "NO I CAN'T GO."

What does the team do?

The answer is no. They come out in the media, and announce the player is out for the year with a knee injury.

1999: Plummer suffered a sprained thumb in the second preseason game, a broken finger midway through the year and nagging hip and groin injuries, which all contributed to his 50.8 passer rating. Additionally, a five-week absence contributed to him completing just 201 passes in 381 attempts (52.8 percent) for 2,111 yards, nine touchdowns, and 24 interceptions. The thumb injury came in the preseason vs. Tennessee (Aug. 20), when early in first quarter while Titan defensive end Mike Jones was sacking Plummer, defensive tackle Jason Fisk slapped at the ball in Plummer’s hand and yanked his thumb. He was diagnosed with a sprained thumb, and Plummer saw little or no practice time in the coming weeks while the injury healed.

That's from Denverbroncos.com detailing the phantom thumb injury since neither of us saw it.

Now I'm not sure what you're saying, Boston was hurt, wanted the surgery, but the Cards wanted him to play? I think we all remember in the camp when the Cards announced Boston had a knee problem that would ultimately need surgery but he had elected to play through it? Seems to contradict your claims.

Can you at least clarify your conspiracy theory? Was Boston hurt at all or just benched because he was intentionally dropping balls hoping to get benched so he could leave as a FA?

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
he missed passes on purpose.

oh my god, there goes any credibility lex had ever built up with me right out the door. see ya!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Oh no, I've lost my credibilty with Ouchie the Clown.

My conspiracy theory in regards to Boston is, he was always above playing here. His focus the entire time he was here, was to enhance his value to a worthy team. His view of us was tainted by a citizen that followed him home, and got him busted, thus screwing up his plan. Since his plan was out the window, he decided to take last year off, make sure he didn't injure his chances of being paid this year.

What do you think the "reason" the Cardinals let him walk was?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did I just wake up from a 7 month black out, or are we arguing about Jake Plummer again? I think that dude left, too bad he didn't take ALL of his lovers with him. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

What does the team do?

Lex - you have completely lost it. So not only is David Boston an absolute steriod abuser in your opinion, but he never had surgery, or wait, had FAKE surgery and the Cardinals played along, paying him an absorbament amount of money to sit on the bench, considering that when he got injured we were still only 1 game back of the Niners and he was coming off a 1600 yard season the year previous, AND after during preseason the Cards annnounced Boston had knee problems, but was going to play through them?

The sky in Lex world is black, an evil, evil black!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
KOC- If David Boston would have taken ALL of his lovers with him, ASFN would cease to exist.

I guess my opinion isn't as "valid" as yours.

Football season starts next week. If you really think the Jake stuff is going away any time soon, you're being very naive.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
KOC- If David Boston would have taken ALL of his lovers with him, ASFN would cease to exist.

Football season starts next week. If you really think the Jake stuff is going away any time soon, you're being very naive.

Oh, I was j/k Lex. As for my opinion, I love the team more then the players and if Jake and Boston are gone, I feel it is a waste of time to cry about their leaving. This goes for both sides. It was 7 months ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

Well, I don't know about KOC, but it's certainly not as valid as mine!:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05