Josh Jackson

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why can't the Suns do better than . . . the better of the worst?

Have we given up on setting the bar higher? Not All Star level. Just higher than it is now.
No I wish we had better options.

As for Jackson being a PG, looks like that experiment may be over. Kokoskov intends to put Ayton in that role

First-year coach Igor Kokoskov had called Ayton “our Steve Nash,” saying he’s one of the team’s best playmakers. Ayton shows patience, doesn't force the action and can protect the ball; he didn't turn the ball over in 31 minutes of action Wednesday.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...blish-deandre-ayton-point-offense/1764844002/

Errntknght

Reaction score
Well, crap! Just crap all around. I could see this team becoming good at defending and, instead we suck big time. Ariza was going to be the linchpin but he's either lost it or is intentionally resting on his laurels. Bridges might still shine but he's struggling to get on the floor so he's still a question mark. Harrison forgot defense was his calling card after starting five games in SL. Reed defended well in two SL but fell off in preseason enough that he was dumped - it could be a mistake but I rather doubt it. Some guys just fizzle at the top level. Melton is still just a SL myth. Faint hope at best.

These were the guys that were going inspire the others to defend well but now we have to improve to be as good as last year. And we all know where we stood then. Really, I'm close to saying I miss Len, not that our post D is a sore point.

Even Igor is not helping like I thought he would. I don't know how much to blame him with the players evaporating around him the way they are - and then he's saddled with Crawford.

It is most depressing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, crap! Just crap all around. I could see this team becoming good at defending and, instead we suck big time. Ariza was going to be the linchpin but he's either lost it or is intentionally resting on his laurels. Bridges might still shine but he's struggling to get on the floor so he's still a question mark. Harrison forgot defense was his calling card after starting five games in SL. Reed defended well in two SL but fell off in preseason enough that he was dumped - it could be a mistake but I rather doubt it. Some guys just fizzle at the top level. Melton is still just a SL myth. Faint hope at best.

These were the guys that were going inspire the others to defend well but now we have to improve to be as good as last year. And we all know where we stood then. Really, I'm close to saying I miss Len, not that our post D is a sore point.

Even Igor is not helping like I thought he would. I don't know how much to blame him with the players evaporating around him the way they are - and then he's saddled with Crawford.

It is most depressing.

Yeah, it is a bit depressing but it might not be as bad as it seems. I know you're talking mostly defense but Booker had no offseason and started the season with his fingers taped. Ayton has looked a little flatfooted but he's been playing with an ankle sprain since our win against Dallas. And we've played a pretty tough schedule so far especially if you consider that LA wasn't as bad as their record suggested (as they have since demonstrated).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is most depressing.

I think you speak for a lot of fans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns best chance for another win comes against the Grizzlies and Nets on November 4th and 6th at home.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you speak for a lot of fans.

Sure but believe it or not, on paper we're looking improved in scoring defense, at least. We were dead last in 2017-2018 and we're 24th right now. Not impressive but still, it's a start in the right direction. I hope.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns best chance for another win comes against the Grizzlies and Nets on November 4th and 6th at home.
The Suns get to play another winless team after the Grizzlies game tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy