2024 Twitter Thread (News of the Cards)

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It's not, and that's fine. Jones and Lopez in particular were playing for unserious teams uninterested in competing for anything.

Nichols was the third- or maybe fourth-best player on that Raiders defensive line last season. Good for him but let's not get crazy here.

There's a reason these guys are with their third teams and making relatively little money compared to their positional averages. Maybe they're Froholdt-level diamonds in the rough, but as you've noted, they've both played a ton of snaps before arriving here.
Come on. We can agree that they are not stars, but you are just pulling stuff out of your ass to try to save this now.

Jones was a 3rd round pick that played out his rookie deal. He then signed a 2 year deal for 6M/y deal that he also played out while having STARTING every game and having the most snap counts on the D-Line. The Bears publicly moaned him leaving on a 10M/year contract and that to sign a FA to replace him. I guess I missed NFL teams became sentimental to the extend to not cut a player not worthy of starting, then another team signing a player to a 6M/y contract and letting him play the most in the position group despite him not being starting material then I assume in your opinion could easily be replaced with a rookie costing 10% of the price. He then gets a 10M/y contract on the free agency market despite not being a starter. All for a non starting material player.

Nicols was 5th round pick that played out his rookie deal. Signed a 5.5M/y with another team despite not being good and played the most snap of their DT group despite only being the 4th best. And was then signed to a 7M/y contract.

Did 4 different NFL team really decide to pay middle tier money to non-starters and then decided to start them and giving them the most snaps counts despite them only being 4th best option?

Or are you just making this up as you go along?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I wonder why he didn't decide to stay with us, because according to posters on here we don't have to worry about practice squad players being taken from us.

I'm glad we at least got Barnes on the active roster now.
He accepted going to another team's 53 active roster. Roster spot in week 1 means that the entire season's salary becomes garanteed and he gets to play in games.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Come on. We can agree that they are not stars, but you are just pulling stuff out of your ass to try to save this now.

Jones was a 3rd round pick that played out his rookie deal. He then signed a 2 year deal for 6M/y deal that he also played out while having STARTING every game and having the most snap counts on the D-Line. The Bears publicly moaned him leaving on a 10M/year contract and that to sign a FA to replace him. I guess I missed NFL teams became sentimental to the extend to not cut a player not worthy of starting, then another team signing a player to a 6M/y contract and letting him play the most in the position group despite him not being starting material then I assume in your opinion could easily be replaced with a rookie costing 10% of the price. He then gets a 10M/y contract on the free agency market despite not being a starter. All for a non starting material player.

Nicols was 5th round pick that played out his rookie deal. Signed a 5.5M/y with another team despite not being good and played the most snap of their DT group despite only being the 4th best. And was then signed to a 7M/y contract.

Did 4 different NFL team really decide to pay middle tier money to non-starters and then decided to start them and giving them the most snaps counts despite them only being 4th best option?

Or are you just making this up as you go along?
Don’t seem like many Bears fans were sad to see Jones go:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Raiders fans devestated by Nichols departure:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards D is really 3 impact players away from being good enough, and 2 of them may already be on the team.

We need an impact D lineman, an impact edge, and a #1 corner.
I mean… the above can be said about pretty much every terrible defense in the league.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always next year. The entire front seven has one player that would start for half the teams in the NFL.

I mean, Bilal Nichols and Justin Jones have been NFL starters for other teams for the past 5 years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You can't say "Wouldn't start for another team" when they are both 5 year starters for other teams.
For 3 different teams. As shown, none of their fans were all that sad to see them go. The argument as stated is that none of these guys would start for half the teams in the NFL.

Going to war on whether Justin Jones and Bilal Nichols are the 60th- or 80th-best DTs in the NFL is peak NFL offseason. No one cared about these guys until they were signed; no one was depending on them being good until it was obvious they were starters.

Neither of these guys are as good as Zach Allen. Neither of them are as good as Sheldon Rankins.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For 3 different teams. As shown, none of their fans were all that sad to see them go. The argument as stated is that none of these guys would start for half the teams in the NFL.

Going to war on whether Justin Jones and Bilal Nichols are the 60th- or 80th-best DTs in the NFL is peak NFL offseason. No one cared about these guys until they were signed; no one was depending on them being good until it was obvious they were starters.

Neither of these guys are as good as Zach Allen. Neither of them are as good as Sheldon Rankins.

Make the argument they aren't good starters, but saying they wouldn't start elsewhere is clearly false.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Make the argument they aren't good starters, but saying they wouldn't start elsewhere is clearly false.
That's literally not what I said. I said there was one player on our defense that would start for half the teams in the NFL.

People love to argue about stuff no one is saying.