Josh McCown (my take)

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
not exactly. I've seen enough of Shipp. lots of heart, no speed. the guy is running in mud. not saying jj is better, just saying that we can a get a "bruiser" with more speed than marcell.

Well if we can get Duante Culpepper and Reggie Bush plus two FA O linemen we can take 2nd in our division.

I'm stoked.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Well if we can get Duante Culpepper and Reggie Bush plus two FA O linemen we can take 2nd in our division.

I'm stoked.
Tit-for-tat...it's "Daunte."

;)

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Tit-for-tat...it's "Daunte."

;)

I'll take the first one, you can have the tat...

:D

Oh wait, if it's yours that'd make me ....... Oh nevermind.... :confused:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Evidently you're not watching what Jake is doing to Eagles right now.

3 Td passes none of them over 6 yards, and picking apart a secondary playing the run?

Josh doesn't have that luxury we can't run the ball like Denver can giving Josh wide open throws.

I caught the post game highlights and when they got to our game on CBS Shannon sharpe was doing the highlights, they showed Josh getting blitzed and hit hard and Simms said "hello, I'm blitzing, hello?" and then Sharpe said if you can't see that blitz coming there's something wrong with you, Houston, I mean Josh McCown, we have a problem." Point is Josh has speed but he doesn't use it to be a good QB he stands there and takes hits because he can't see blitzes coming.

At least jake learned to avoid a pass rush and use his legs, Josh still doesn't use his speed.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
Whatever you guys are really pathetic if you think McCown is the reason the teams has lost. The team did nothing but lose with warner, while you blindly single out McCown as the problem of this team. I hope they do give up on McCown so he can go somewhere and be successful. Then you will all be mad that the team gave up on him, and will serve us and Denny right. Like I said go ahead and put warner in it will prove nothing he is gonna get lit up behind our line. If any of you really beleive Josh is why we are losing you are seriously dilusional.

Wake up....you are in denial....

the wild cards

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
1) He locks into recievers. He stares down recievers.

2) He has no field awareness.

3) He can't anticipate. He is a HORRIBLE scrambler.

4) He has no internal clock. He panics.

5) He can't read the blitz and audible.

6) He can't read the defense and audible.

7) He is terribly inconsistent. Especially on deep balls.

8) He throws balls up for grabs, out of bounds, etc.

9) I don't think he has the MIND of an NFL QB. And he never will imo.

10) Start him the rest of the way and we will be in the Leinart or Bush sweepstakes.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wild cards said:
1) He locks into recievers. He stares down recievers.

2) He has no field awareness.

3) He can't anticipate. He is a HORRIBLE scrambler.

4) He has no internal clock. He panics.

5) He can't read the blitz and audible.

6) He can't read the defense and audible.

7) He is terribly inconsistent. Especially on deep balls.

8) He throws balls up for grabs, out of bounds, etc.

9) I don't think he has the MIND of an NFL QB. And he never will imo.

10) Start him the rest of the way and we will be in the Leinart or Bush sweepstakes.
Other than that, it's the offensive line's fault. ;)

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Warner plays in that game and he's a dead man.

I'd be interested in seeing how anxious he is to come in a QB for this team.

I'd bet not very.

Neither would any FA, if there were any.

No one was saying all these bad things when Josh was winning games, to hang this loss or even severely critique any QB in a game like this is like yelling at your waiter about your steak when the place is on fire.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Warner plays in that game and he's a dead man.

I'd be interested in seeing how anxious he is to come in a QB for this team.

I'd be not very.

Neither would any FA, if there were any.

No one was saying all these bad things when Josh was winning games, to hang this loss or even severely critique any QB in a game like this is like yelling at your waiter about your steak when the place is on fire.

:shrug:

This shouldn't be a Warner vs McCown debate anymore...they both suck and will be gone next season....

Yeah Warner would have been killed back there, and Josh looked like Roadkill back there....

Its unforunate but we as a team have to demand a QB who can carry the team when things start to get f'd up and make plays when everything breaks down...

Neither McCown or Warner is that guy

...end...of...story...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
:shrug:

This shouldn't be a Warner vs McCown debate anymore...they both suck and will be gone next season....

Yeah Warner would have been killed back there, and Josh looked like Roadkill back there....

Its unforunate but we as a team have to demand a QB who can carry the team when things start to get f'd up and make plays when everything breaks down...

Neither McCown or Warner is that guy

...end...of...story...

So who is the answer?

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Josh may not be a superstar but your just wrong if you think ANY and I mean any QB would be successful here right now witht the line and running game. Like I said before you don't know what you have at QB because it is impossible to tell with this team as it stands. Argue all you wall we could make a trade for freaking Peyton Manning and he would suck here too. The problem is not the QB and we have a HELL of a long way to go before we need a QB. We need a solid O line and a proven NFL back, not to mention some decent corners and linebackers so we quit getting scored on repeatedly. You go right ahead and draft Leinart and we will suck for 10 more years and say oh well we got a QB that maybe someday could be good.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
So who is the answer?

When the Cardinals start signing my checks, i will tell them what i think....

Until then it doesn't take a Masters in Rocket Science to see whomever the answer is, he ain't on the team.....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
Josh may not be a superstar but your just wrong if you think ANY and I mean any QB would be successful here right now witht the line and running game. Like I said before you don't know what you have at QB because it is impossible to tell with this team as it stands. Argue all you wall we could make a trade for freaking Peyton Manning and he would suck here too. The problem is not the QB and we have a HELL of a long way to go before we need a QB. We need a solid O line and a proven NFL back, not to mention some decent corners and linebackers so we quit getting scored on repeatedly. You go right ahead and draft Leinart and we will suck for 10 more years and say oh well we got a QB that maybe someday could be good.

Thats just simply not true....he might not throw for 49 touchdowns on this team, but he certainly wouldn't suck....Infact he would be one of the bright spots on the team week in and wek out...i guaran-damn-tee it

And following your argument rational, MCClown could be inserted into Indy's offense and they would still be 7-0 and he would have thrown for 49 TD's last year....ummmm no

Good QB's can be a BIG difference in wins and losses when you account how much of the success of the game plan hinges on their play....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:

So once we draft Lienert we are barred from making any moves on the offensive line for the next ten years.....?

When did that rule come out....?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:

I agree with you.

Although I've never gotten the feeling I'm watching greatness when Josh plays. Just possible goodness and I'd like greatness.

I do get mad listening to people say ah he sucks, honestly how can you tell?

The guy was running for his life half the time and when that wasn't happening he was getting his head knocked off.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I agree with you.

Although I've never gotten the feeling I'm watching greatness when Josh plays. Just possible goodness and I'd like greatness.

The guy was running for his life half the time and when that wasn't happening he was getting his head knocked off.

He should have done more with the opportunities he did have today.

He played poorly. If he's going to let Williams crush him like RW did on the 3rd play of the game, he's not playing smart. You duck your head in that situation instead of taking a game changing hit.

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Arizona's finest are you serious? have you not watched this team long? I never EVER said McCown was even close to Manning. I said Manning would not have much success here right now. Why don't you stop your hatred and read . Right now you put Manning in here we have the same record arguably he would not have time to throw and no running game. On the flip side you put McCown in Indy with a good oline and a proven back maybe not undefeated because Manning is the best QB in the NFL. Maybe 5-2 something along that lines, for the record Manning has not been manning of last year the D and rest of the offense have them at 7-0 Mannings stats are WAY down from normal. Just goes to show you need more than a QB to win. And yes I think if somehow the Cardinals took Leinart with the first pick that would indeed set is back a few years. We all know the Bidwells and if they shell out the cash for Leinart you had better bet they are gonna be cheap and not do too much else. Same thing the did when Jake signed big deal started cutting the players who got them in the playoffs in 98 cause they did not WANT to pay them period. I agree we may need a QB I never said Josh or Warner is or is not the answer I said its impossible to tell with this team right now. Now you can twist my words to whatever you want but if and when McCown goes somewhere else watch and see if he is on a good team he will play solid.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Renz said:
Let me start out by saying that I like McCown. He has all the physical tools to be a good NFL QB. He is tough and seems like a very good person. Like most Cardinal fans, I desperately want him to succeed. I would like nothing more than for McCown to lead us to the playoffs. That would be the best case scenario for all of u

That said, IMO he never will be the answer for us at QB. He is too inconsistent and his field vision is below average. He makes too many poor decisions for a fourth-year player, like passing when he could run for a first down, throwing into coverage etc. He doesn't see open receivers and when he does, he throws the ball either too high, or too low far too often.

I'm not a "McCown hater", I just don't think he has the football smarts to be a successful starting QB in this league. That is my last word on our QB position for this season.

The problem is we are just a bad football team regardless of who is at QB. This starts with ownership, the coaches, and through the player ranks. We have a few good or ever very good players but that is about it. Our coaches cannot get the best out of what we have which would not be enough anyway. To list our shortcommings and positions we need filled is a waste of time. Most teams are built around a QB or Head Coach so I suggest we start there. We will draft in the top five and with some luck could get into the top two.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I agree with you.

C'mon...you're serious with this?? If seeing his play last season AND this hasn't shown you he's not more than a back-up then I dont know what to tell ya

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
last word huh? dought that. Your take while may have some validity also fails to mention no QB in the NFL would have success with NO running game and and absolutely pathelic Oline. See the problem is we don't really know what McCown can do he had put up career games for the cardinals even with the abysmal oline. That said don't you think he would be a good if not great QB giving a good oline and an effective running game. The problem is our oline period every opposing D knows we can't run the ball and don't even have to worry about getting pressure, we give it to them automatically. It is almost as though we start every game already behind by a couple scores. Josh McCown if not here next year will prosper in the NFL I would just hate to see the cards make a QB change instead of fixing the problem. And most educated football fans know what the problem is "THE FREAKING OLINE", not the QB.

You cannot win in the NFL scoring 16 points. You cannot win in the NFL when you have not scored one running TD. You cannot win in the NFL giving up the points we have given up. A team is more than an offensive line and a QB.

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson I do beleive McCown hung in there and delivered a first down even with that hit. That was courageous and he delivered would you rather him have taken a sack? Its just silly to say he should have done more, he was running for his life and getting killed all day by one of the best defenses in football going against a college level oline and NO RUNNING GAME.

I don't understand how some of you don't realize how important a running game is to a QB's effectiveness. WIth no threat of the run we are so one dimesional even with our receivers we are gonna SUCK. Check out the 49-21 ass woopin the Bronc's just put on Philly guess what RUNNING GAME!!!!!!

argghhhhhhh......

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Snakester said:
I would be very surprised if Warner didn't start next week. DG does not have the patients to stick with josh after two bad games in a row.

Warner should start next week. We cannot get any worse.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
I forgot I for one am upset with the outcome of the game. Josh did not I repeat did not lose this game for us. He played one of the most couragous games I have ever seen a Cardinals QB play. He took shot after shot and got up and continued to try and help the team win. With the pathetic display our oline and running game put up today I think he did well.

Courage does not win games. Being good and having smarts wins games. You cannot win giving up as many points as we did and win scoring as few as we did. This is simply one of the worst teams and organizations in the NFL. It is not any one player. It continues to be a team sport. Forget Josh. Forget Warner. Think about just how lousy we are.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
Arizona's finest are you serious? have you not watched this team long? I never EVER said McCown was even close to Manning. I said Manning would not have much success here right now. Why don't you stop your hatred and read . Right now you put Manning in here we have the same record arguably he would not have time to throw and no running game. On the flip side you put McCown in Indy with a good oline and a proven back maybe not undefeated because Manning is the best QB in the NFL. Maybe 5-2 something along that lines, for the record Manning has not been manning of last year the D and rest of the offense have them at 7-0 Mannings stats are WAY down from normal. Just goes to show you need more than a QB to win. And yes I think if somehow the Cardinals took Leinart with the first pick that would indeed set is back a few years. We all know the Bidwells and if they shell out the cash for Leinart you had better bet they are gonna be cheap and not do too much else. Same thing the did when Jake signed big deal started cutting the players who got them in the playoffs in 98 cause they did not WANT to pay them period. I agree we may need a QB I never said Josh or Warner is or is not the answer I said its impossible to tell with this team right now. Now you can twist my words to whatever you want but if and when McCown goes somewhere else watch and see if he is on a good team he will play solid.

Why is it arguble that we wouldn't have more wins if manning was our QB? You don't think Peyton makes a 5 or 6 of the tosses Josh missed today?

Ok so you conceed Peyton Manning's difference in talent and ability makes him worth two games in the standings then, right??

How much better does 4- 3 sound right now???

Thats my point...we need a superstar QB and we shouldn't stop looking till we find him

Oh and the Colts are winning because teams refuse to let him throw all over the yard on them and Peytons smart enough to realize that, and give James the ball...thats why he having an "UnManning like" year...

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
John H I agree there is more than oline and QB what did that post mean?

Thats what I was saying our Oline sucks our RB's suck **** our D has sucked plenty this year giving up lots of points and can't stop the run to save our lives. My point was with any QB here right now in the same situation the TEAM would still suck and probaly still be 2-5.