Knicks & Suns Trade Q for KT

asudevil83

Reaction score
i see the suns pushing for Marshall this offseason....signing him to the MLE maybe. and then looking for a SG like CJ with the LLE or something. they'd then draft a big....maybe Diogu.

maybe a lineup of:

Amare/Thomas
Marshall/Diogu
Marion/JJax
JJ/CJ
Nash/Barbs

mribnik

Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the content underneath the title to which you refer contradicts this statement unless there is a pick going each way. Do you have a link?

I don't think anyone knows at this point, but I can guess what happened. RealGM comes out with the article last night saying the Suns would get the conditional pick. Espn comes out with an article this morning with a title that conflicts with the summary. RealGM reads the ESPN article and thinks they goofed and changes theirs to say the Suns are sending a pick. AZcentral doesn't trust either of them and changes their article to saying, "a conditional pick might be involved." I don't think anybody really knows at this point.

mribnik

Reaction score
Take it from a grain of salt, but I caught this on the ESPN board by a long-time poster there. He heard on 103.3 ESPN radio the following...

"is reporting that the trade is not a done deal YET. But unfortunately it is saying that after a little confusion that the Knicks are receiving the conditional 1st round draft pick (damnnnnn! I think whoever gets the pick really comes out on top, provided they draft someone useful).

They also said that the Suns were also in talks with Denver for Nene but that Denver wanted to much. Barbosa, Q and 1st round pick for Nene and someone else, but they weren't sure who.

They said the suns also have and will enquire about Darko. Detroit wants to wait until after the finals. They said the Suns were just enquring and would entertain the idea at a very modest cost.

They also said the suns are all over the place with the draft. could move up, could move back, could trade out of the draft all together, or maybe even add an additional pick if two of the players they like are still on board when they pick. Their draftroom will be a very busy place come draft day.

Back to the trade, they said the conditions of the pick seem to be the only hold up, unless the Suns are using this as more of a ploy to get Denver to react.

Not really good news, sorry! I would much rather have the pick, but they said they were all but certain it goes to New York. Dammnnnnnn again!!!

Oh yeah, Phoenix would be willing to take a second rounder for Jake and Milos, or perhaps even both.....according to them."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
There is nothing to see here.

You must be registered for see images attach
I feel like an Imperial Storm Trooper! :thumbup:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If the Suns were getting a pick in this year's draft -- which seems definitely not to be the case -- then that would be a great advantage. But if it's a late-round pick at some point in the future that's changing hands, I can't get too excited about it either way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mribnik said:
Take it from a grain of salt, but I caught this on the ESPN board by a long-time poster there. He heard on 103.3 ESPN radio the following...

"is reporting that the trade is not a done deal YET. But unfortunately it is saying that after a little confusion that the Knicks are receiving the conditional 1st round draft pick (damnnnnn! I think whoever gets the pick really comes out on top, provided they draft someone useful).

They also said that the Suns were also in talks with Denver for Nene but that Denver wanted to much. Barbosa, Q and 1st round pick for Nene and someone else, but they weren't sure who.

They said the suns also have and will enquire about Darko. Detroit wants to wait until after the finals. They said the Suns were just enquring and would entertain the idea at a very modest cost.

They also said the suns are all over the place with the draft. could move up, could move back, could trade out of the draft all together, or maybe even add an additional pick if two of the players they like are still on board when they pick. Their draftroom will be a very busy place come draft day.

Back to the trade, they said the conditions of the pick seem to be the only hold up, unless the Suns are using this as more of a ploy to get Denver to react.

Not really good news, sorry! I would much rather have the pick, but they said they were all but certain it goes to New York. Dammnnnnnn again!!!

Oh yeah, Phoenix would be willing to take a second rounder for Jake and Milos, or perhaps even both.....according to them."

:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm speechless... sounds terrible.

mribnik

Reaction score
Mainstreet said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm speechless... sounds terrible.

I wouldn't worry yet as nobody really knows at this point.

Edit: Oh, and if the Suns are giving up a pick, I would bet it's like Joe Mama said in another thread. It's probably so heavily protected the Knicks won't get it anyways. Hopefully..

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
Some people just don't understand that this trade makes our front line the best in the league!! Also, Thomas is not another Amare but he perfectly compliments Amare's game. I don't think there is another big man in the league that would compliment Amare's (and Nash's) more than KT will.
I still gotta wait to se what that 1st round pick is (probably we sending it to NY because of salaries - KT annual salary is higher than Q??) to know whether I like it or not because I don't want trade this year's pick-still need another player or two.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
If the Suns were getting a pick in this year's draft -- which seems definitely not to be the case -- then that would be a great advantage. But if it's a late-round pick at some point in the future that's changing hands, I can't get too excited about it either way.

Like I said, it seems NY would give us the pick logically, unless Isiah is demanding it since we took it to him on the Hardaway/Penny deal and he HAS to save face. We relent because we know if he loses his GM job, all future sweet deals we will make with NY will go away. Let Isiah have a little now, then we will run the table later and make the big bucks! :thumbup:

asudevil83

Reaction score
chances are that the pick goes to the suns. remember this is isiah the suns are dealing with....and i hope that he's not smart enough to get a first rounder out of this.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
KANIDJA said:
Some people just don't understand that this trade makes our front line the best in the league!! Also, Thomas is not another Amare but he perfectly compliments Amare's game. I don't think there is another big man in the league that would compliment Amare's (and Nash's) more than KT will.
I still gotta wait to se what that 1st round pick is (probably we sending it to NY because of salaries - KT annual salary is higher than Q??) to know whether I like it or not because I don't want trade this year's pick-still need another player or two.
I was kinda thinking along the lines of JPlay and wondering why we just didn't package our second round pick this year and Jake Voskuhl for Yao Ming? :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
chances are that the pick goes to the suns. remember this is isiah the suns are dealing with....and i hope that he's not smart enough to get a first rounder out of this.

Or, the Suns are dumb enough to give it. Think about the picks the Suns gave to Utah. It seems sometimes, the Suns use draft picks like toilet paper (please excuse the expression).

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
mribnik said:
I wouldn't worry yet as nobody really knows at this point.

Edit: Oh, and if the Suns are giving up a pick, I would bet it's like Joe Mama said in another thread. It's probably so heavily protected the Knicks won't get it anyways. Hopefully..

In the old CBA a pick could only be protected for 7 years. I assume it is the same in the CBA.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
Or, the Suns are dumb enough to give it. Think about the picks the Suns gave to Utah.

The same could be said about the Marbury trade! Just let the people that know what they are doing do their jobs.

Kolo

Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
Or, the Suns are dumb enough to give it. Think about the picks the Suns gave to Utah. It seems sometimes, the Suns use draft picks like toilet paper (please excuse the expression).

It was about cash, helping the team's bottom line last year so the Colangeli could sell the team and make dough. You may not like it as a fan, but it was a smart business move.

And after the job BC did putting this team together for the past three years, whether we "won" a certain trade or not really doesn't matter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but only getting a #1 pick from New York could salvage this trade for me. Sending Q and a #1 (whatever year) for KT is just not satisfactory.

I would retire from this NBA stuff if I didn't like it so much. :)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
I'm sorry, but only getting a #1 pick from New York could salvage this trade for me. Sending Q and a #1 (whatever year) for KT is just not satisfactory.

I would retire from this NBA stuff if I didn't like it so much. :)

So it would be ok if we got the #30 pick from NY.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolobotomy said:
It was about cash, helping the team's bottom line last year so the Colangeli could sell the team and make dough. You may not like it as a fan, but it was a smart business move.

And after the job BC did putting this team together for the past three years, whether we "won" a certain trade or not really doesn't matter.

I get it now.

Show me the money.

"Please tell me it ain't so, Joe." :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SweetD said:
So it would be ok if we got the #30 pick from NY.

At least if the Suns got KT as well, I could swallow it. I'm talking about getting KT and #30 from NY for Q period (the Suns keep #21).

Last edited:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
At least if the Suns got KT as well, I could swallow it. I'm talking about getting KT and #30 from NY for Q period (the Suns keep #21).

Even if the Suns send NY a pick it would not be the #21 this year it would be a future first which should be around 27-30 range for a few years.