KT Gone to Seattle

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they have something in place just as when they traded the #24 before confirming Jones was going which was before confirming that Hill would be signed.

During the draft, the Suns were planning to trade KT and the Atlanta pick (and probably one of the other picks) for Noah. Since Noah is not very big, they would be in a similar situation to where they are now.

Noah's 6'11, a rebounder and a shot-blocker and young - I don't see how having him here or having an aging vet on a one year deal or not having anyone at all puts us in a similar situation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah's 6'11, a rebounder and a shot-blocker and young - I don't see how having him here or having an aging vet on a one year deal or not having anyone at all puts us in a similar situation.

Didn't you know? We have as many Noah haters as Sarver haters on this board.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
steve kerr is supposed to be on 910 am at 115 to discuss the trade if anyone has access to the radio can they relay what is being said. Somebody Dean guy is the one doing the interview. he is the guy that takes over after jim romes show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this news causes that reaction - well - time for some life reassessment. It's only sports. ;)

seriously guys, it's only basketball. Hell, trying being a Cardinals fan also!

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Wow what the hell are we doing? We have no decent bigs?

Except that Amare guy. Convenient how folks forget to mention him when walking to the edge of the roof.

Trading Kurt for $$ stinks, but was not a surprise really.

Throwing in 2 (2?!) frigging 1st round draft picks just makes the whole thing suck.

But no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I just love how folks overreact to stuff like this.

mribnik

Reaction score
Except that Amare guy. Convenient how folks forget to mention him when walking to the edge of the roof.

Trading Kurt for $$ stinks, but was not a surprise really.

Throwing in 2 (2?!) frigging 1st round draft picks just makes the whole thing suck.

But no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I just love how folks overreact to stuff like this.

I'm not a fan of this trade unless the Suns knew they could get PJ Brown, but you do realize those picks would be traded for cash anyways right? No way the Suns are keeping two picks next year (ATL pick and own pick). I could care less about the 2010 pick. As of right now the trade really sucks, but not because the Suns gave up 2 picks, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but this stuff ain't happening in a vacuum. Comments like these ignore that the reactions from people are cumulative based on two years of questionable decision making.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
steve kerr is supposed to be on 910 am at 115 to discuss the trade if anyone has access to the radio can they relay what is being said. Somebody Dean guy is the one doing the interview. he is the guy that takes over after jim romes show.

SPIN CENTRAL:

1) Says we still have the Atlanta pick and our own 09 (well thats good).

2) Says this allows Mike D'Antoni to play fast

3) Says this allows Diaw to take that position.

4) More than likely, he says they will get a player who WONT PLAY!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but this stuff ain't happening in a vacuum. Comments like these ignore that the reactions from people on an internet message board are cumulative based on two years of questionable decision making.

fixed that for you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people on a message board are still people, no? i'm confused as to why you need to make a distinction.

Because we fans on an internet message board are much more vocal, and dedicated fans. Like I said before, the majority of fans will be "blah" about KT being traded.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
SPIN CENTRAL:

1) ********

2) Funny seeing as how we don't need anymore speed, we need interior defense.

3) There goes another bench player

4) If he actually said that I'll puke.

Last edited:

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
1) ********

2) Funny seeing as how we don't need anymore speed, we need interior defense.

3) There goes our another bench player

4) If he actually said that I'll puke.

I swear to you he said it. He said if they were going to bring in a FA big man, it would probably be someone who wouldn't be part of the regular rotation...probably a guy who wouln't play much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because we fans on an internet message board are much more vocal, and dedicated fans. Like I said before, the majority of fans will be "blah" about KT being traded.

i don't know if I buy that. I know my father, brother, my ex-girlfriend's father (who has season tickets) and pretty much ALL of my friends won't think it's "blah" that we've traded away our best interior defender and two first round picks for financial reasons.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I swear to you he said it. He said if they were going to bring in a FA big man, it would probably be someone who wouldn't be part of the regular rotation...probably a guy who wouln't play much.

You could say that about Kurt Thomas as well...

He didnt really play and wasn't part of the rotation. He only played against the Spurs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPIN CENTRAL:

if the above is true, we better PRAY we don't face SA because that series would more than likely be over before it started.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He didnt really play and wasn't part of the rotation. He only played against the Spurs.

right, the one team we haven't shown the ability to beat. yeah!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

ummm...2 years ago he played 27 mpg and 19 last year.

The suns defense was at its best BY FAR when he was in the game. They didn't go through those stretches where they can't get a freaking rebound when he was in the game. You keep underestimating his contributions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, by Kerr's admission, apparently we're good going with a 7 man rotation,that depends heavily on a uy who's been severly injured for 7 years and even when "healthy" has missed 17 games a season and our biggest player is 6'10 and our second biggest player is 6'8?

wow. well, my expectations for a title just dropped considerably. oh well, at least without thinking we can the beat the Spurs, I won't be crushed if we don't do it.

mribnik

Reaction score
ummm...2 years ago he played 27 mpg and 19 last year.

The suns defense was at its best BY FAR when he was in the game. They didn't go through those stretches where they can't get a freaking rebound when he was in the game. You keep underestimating his contributions.

I was going to say the same thing Slin said. Two years ago he played out of necessity, because Amare was hurt. He also ended up getting injured playing that much (although I can't prove the injury was a result of playing time). Last year he averaged 19 minutes but didn't he have quite a few DNP's? He was certainly helpful against the Spurs, but mostly because he allowed Amare to guard someone other than Duncan. I would be happy if the Suns added an athletic big man that could fit their style, even if he wasn't a great interior defender.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing Slin said. Two years ago he played out of necessity, because Amare was hurt. He also ended up getting injured playing that much (although I can't prove the injury was a result of playing time). Last year he averaged 19 minutes but didn't he have quite a few DNP's? He was certainly helpful against the Spurs, but mostly because he allowed Amare to guard someone other than Duncan. I would be happy if the Suns added an athletic big man that could fit their style, even if he wasn't a great interior defender.
That's not why he was orginally brought in though. Kurt was brought in for Q to add more size, and to pair him up with Amare to make this team bigger after the Spurs spanked them. Then Amare went down for the year, and out of nowhere Diaw stepped up, and D'Antoni and the rest of us fell in love with him. That brings us to last year where D'Antoni again went small, trying to pair Amare and Diaw up, leaving Kurt on the bench. Amare and Diaw never worked right, but the lineup of Kurt and Amare was the most successful team we had going against the Spurs.

crdnl85

Veteran
Reaction score
No he is not. The average fan sees the Grant Hill signing as a bigger deal than letting KT go.

Its only the fans on message boards like this one that he will have to "save his hide."
Well i am not an average fan then.I didn't say much when they signed Hill,although i think it was a waste of money.Letting KT along with 2 first round draft picks is a bad move,unless they have another deal in the works that we know nothing about.