KT Gone to Seattle

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, it would have been nice to have an experienced GM the last couple of years. The panic move of signing Marcus Banks has killed this team's chances of having really good depth.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
"Eye on the prize eye on the prize" ..../keeps repeating over and over in his head trying to think of next season

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Exactly. Short of trading Shaun Marion to a team $16.4 million under the cap, the one thing we definitely know the Suns WILL NOT DO is acquire more salary.
That's very disappointing to hear.

Well, this is the problem with selling your assets in $3m chunks. :shrug:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI -- just heard PJ Brown is out of the country until August.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Or maybe use the trade exception now for someone. Maybe even someone like Camby along with Atlantas pick.
Now there is an IDEA!

Camby has much more value to pay that kind of money to. And Denver would get instant cap relief.

I dont see it happening but that would be great.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
man, it would have been nice to have an experienced GM the last couple of years. The panic move of signing Marcus Banks has killed this team's chances of having really good depth.

If the Suns can trade Banks with the atlanta pick, they would be under the cap wouldn't they?

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
I also enjoy how some people are spinning how we'll use the trade exception. Nice try, you were probably the same people who said we'd use the trade exception from the Joe Johnson deal that Sarver let expire.
Actually we did use a part of the JJ TE to get James Jones, but the probability that we let our 2 TE expire this year is quite high.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
I cant help but think of the Sarver singing the rap song "I got money in the bank" with a big grin on his face.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wait until we dump marion for nothing next season

:rolleyes:

We won't "dump" him. Either he will opt out and resign with us, or we will complete a S&T for him, he will walk, or he will still be a Sun.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
"Eye on the prize eye on the prize" ..../keeps repeating over and over in his head trying to think of next season
Soon to be "Eyes on the guy who got his eyes on the prize, and don't forget to keep your hands on your wallet."

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just wait until we dump marion for nothing next season

Which would be the right move after next year.

We will lose Marion to FA market and as a result we will be like 15M$ under the luxury tax so we will be able to add a very good player with the full MLE and a lottery pick (Atlantas).

Or if Marion is reasonable we could afford to resign him too.

mribnik

Reaction score
If the Suns don't follow up this move with anything, then obviously it sucks. Hopefully they can bring PJ Brown in.

With regard to the picks and KT...

KT did an excellent job on Duncan for one game in the regular season and game 1 of the playoffs. It was a big change for Duncan because he usually had Amare guarding him and that's why he struggled at first. One thing I've always noticed about the Spurs is that their players do struggle a lot with change initially. All of their runs come right after timeouts and the credit should be given to their great coaching staff. The players execute of course, but their coaching staff is great. After game 1 of the playoffs, Duncan solved KT and scored on him at will. Sure, KT has a fat ass so he was a little tougher to score on than Amare, but he still schooled KT. Duncan made adjustments, started taking KT off the dribble and really just dominated him. The value in KT was that he made it so Amare didn't have to guard Duncan. He was also a solid offensive player, but I'm not so much worried about that.

With regard to the first round picks, trading them away doesn't bother me at all. The 2008 first rounder was going to be sold for cash anyways because the Suns aren't going to draft two first round players in the same year (ATL pick). I could care less about the future 2010 pick (if that's what it was).

To sum up, this move sucks unless the Suns can land a PJ Brown or a similar player. I also think the Suns made this move having another move in mind.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, Marion's not opting out. The Suns will be figuring out how to work around a $17.2 million dent in the payroll next year.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Wow.....

Haven't read anything aside from the first post, but Sarver is going to have to USE the exception if he wants to save his hide from a mob of angry fans.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Um, Marion's not opting out. The Suns will be figuring out how to work around a $17.2 million dent in the payroll next year.

I agree, I doubt Marion is going to get that type of money anywhere else. When you factor in the interest he would make on this money, it would be stupid to not take it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....

Haven't read anything aside from the first post, but Sarver is going to have to USE the exception if he wants to save his hide from a mob of angry fans.

No he is not. The average fan sees the Grant Hill signing as a bigger deal than letting KT go.

Its only the fans on message boards like this one that he will have to "save his hide."

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I would hope that the "flexibility" would allow the Suns to use a portion of the MLE. We'll see.

I do like Andray Blatche. He was a HSer that fell to 2nd round, but he is 6'10 and pretty athletic. I think he is one of those guys that keeps developing and end up being a steal if you sign him long term. I doubt the Suns are interested.

Skinner and PJ Brown are what they are.