ktar620

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
They are talking about offseason, draft etc.

Also Bryan Colangelo will soon call in.

They are talking about how they wouldn't give up JJ for Tmac ...

They are talking to some fans calling in..

www.ktar.com

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Who is talking right now???

whoever it is, he is an idiot. He is talking about the Phoenix Suns as if there was no trade with Chicago. He is talking about Deng as a Phoenix Sun and mentioned that Chicago did a good job by Jackson Vroman.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Paul Kavisi? Paul Coro? No idea.

One of those guys is saying that he wouldn't trade for TMac because it would be selling our future and would just be to put butts in the seats.

The other guy seems willing to trade Marion, Johnson and a #1 for TMac and build around TMac and Amare.

They said D'Antoni earlier told them they don't want to trade Marion and Johnson because they don't want to give them the key to the castle or something...

grrr....

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Oh and they also said that Weisbrod said after the draft that he wants to get something done with TMac quickly now.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Paul Kavisi? Paul Coro? No idea.

Sounded like bordow or it could be Jerry Brown (both write for the East Valley Trib)

They said D'Antoni earlier told them they don't want to trade Marion and Johnson because they don't want to give them the key to the castle or something...

grrr....

Don't look too much into this, I mean of course he would say that.

Suppose he said that they were willing and able to give up JJ and Marion, if the deal falls through you have 2 disgruntled players on your team (as well as losing leverage with the Magic). It isn't worth the risk just to say that

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
16.3 for what? If Kobe isn't coming then who cares.

BC talked about facilitating in trades throughout the season.

On TMAC, he believes Phx is on Tmac's short wish list. If a good deal is there, they will take it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
16.3 for what? If Kobe isn't coming then who cares.

that's what i've been saying....if luol deng was on the free agent market for 2 million a year we'd be falling over ourselves to sign him. why are we so concerned to get an extra 2 million. kobe ain't coming here, i wish he was but i've come to terms that it is a longshot.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
We don't need cap space for T-Mac.

No, but we'll need it to get role players that will be built around Amare and TMac (unless you want to be like this years Laker team ... Shaq and Kobe and nobody else)

ehale911

Veteran
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
No, but we'll need it to get role players that will be built around Amare and TMac (unless you want to be like this years Laker team ... Shaq and Kobe and nobody else)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Could someone Pro-McGrady call in finally?

Some callers are trying to make it sound like McGrady is all about stats and lead his team to 21 wins.

Do they have to be reminded what Shawn Marion accomplished?

One guy called and said he would quit being a fan if they build around Amare and TMac only.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

loul deng would have been a great role player for only 2 million. if the future #1 we got from chicago helps us get tmac i'll be thrilled....otherwise i'm unhappy.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

Do you mean like J.White and a couple of first round picks?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I was listening to the wrong damn station for a while, so I missed the beginning of the interview. However Bryan Colangelo did say something that made me feel a lot better about their direction heading into free agency. He said they are not going to panic and overpay or sign the wrong players. He said they are being very careful about building this team. He even said that they did not want to get back into the same situation they just got out of with the big contracts.

He also indicated that there is a chance that they won't make any big signs or at least use all of their room under the salary cap this summer. Actually what he implied was that they were not going to use the space just to use it. He also said that he keeps hearing that the summer will be a failure if they don't get one of the superstars out there. He said he does not feel that way at all because they still have so much flexibility and a great core of young players they are going forward with.

Joe Mama

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
Do you mean like J.White and a couple of first round picks?

No, I'd prefer to have veteran role players (whom BTW won't come cheap). Its not like this team needs to get any younger

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
No, I'd prefer to have veteran role players (whom BTW won't come cheap). Its not like this team needs to get any younger

who?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake