Kurt Warner is in talks with the SF 49ers (confirmed by his agent)

OP
OP
gohard83

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
49ers fans don't want him but we don't want him staying with you guys either. Get him out of the NFC West for good.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Losing Kurt to SF would be a giant step backwards and a PR nightmare.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think all this Rams and 49ers talk is all bs. His agent is putting out NFC West rival teams to get the Cardinals to cave in. I would call the bluff and prepare to proceed with the Leinart era.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Warner goes to SF, he wont make it out of the first meeting against the Cards.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if Kurt really wants to leave for SF and play with Issac Bruce, and Ashley Lielee for 4 million dollars (more) then SE-YA KURT...

enjoy winning ending your career with lows across the board...

I mean honestly who REALLY believes Kurt is serious about leaving for San Fran... I dont

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LMFAO. Kurt to the 49ers. That would be hilarious. Thinking that the success of the franchise is dependent on Warner is baffling to me. I would love for the 49ers to sign him to a 2 year 29 million dollar deal.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
SFO doesn't really want Kurt.

What they want is to force Arizona to pay to much for Kurt. They want the Cards to overspend and eat up more of their cap.

I have no problem switching to ML if Kurt wants too much. A top 6 salary is right around $10.2M per year. If he doesn't want to sign with that, use that $10 M to improve the team in other areas and begin the ML era.

I want several years of playoff football. I do not want to blow it all on another shot and then back to the basement. Follow the Steelers and NEP plan.

Also, that Matt Castle F-Tag value is bogus and should not be part of the negotiations.

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Kurt wants to stay in AZ because his family is here and that is more important than a few million more. The Cards and Warner have to meet in the middle somehow. I believe it will happen soon.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMFAO. Kurt to the 49ers. That would be hilarious. Thinking that the success of the franchise is dependent on Warner is baffling to me. I would love for the 49ers to sign him to a 2 year 29 million dollar deal.

:yeahthat:

If Warner signs somewhere else it's on him not the front office. They've offered him more than enough to get the deal done. All of this crap he's pulling now is taking a lot of the shine off of him in many fan's eyes.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
not to front office bash, but i haven't ever fully trusted graves

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
To think that if Warner signs w/the Niners that they wouldn't be a threat to the Cards is plain crazy. They would be as good or better.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am anxious to see what happens if Warner comes back to the Cards with an offer from another team in hand. Do the Cards call his bluff and say "see ya" and if so what does Warner do..does he then cave or uproot the brood for a few million more dollars.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine how crazy the fans would have been to hear Kurt come out and say "Wow - $10 million per year is great. The Cards gave me a chance when no other team wanted me and I'd love to finish my career leading the Cards to two more SB's !!"

Now whatever he gets or whenever he signs - - most fans already see him differently because of the negotiations.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am anxious to see what happens if Warner comes back to the Cards with an offer from another team in hand. Do the Cards call his bluff and say "see ya" and if so what does Warner do..does he then cave or uproot the brood for a few million more dollars.

What if no other team offers him near what we have? Do we lower our offer or honor the last one on the table? :shrug: