Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, rein in that hindsight. I love what he did yesterday and hope he replicates it, but no. We have not had a generational QB since the beginning.
There is zero hindsight. Speak for yourself. I was never a fan of playboy and his recent stint at USC and now the Commanders is proving exactly what we saw. He is a total lightweight.

As for K1 we saw last season and now this season that he is for sure a top QB in the NFL. Can’t wait for the MVP talk to start.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize Verse missed sacking Kyler twice! :eek:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
the best part of this is seeing Kyler running around looking for space but when he sees what's coming open in the endzone, he totally shifts gears and calmly throws a perfect ball with enough lead to where Higgins is going to be. Just perfect touch on the ball and calm under pressure.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Kliff is a terrible coach and the Commanders are finding out right now.

Meanwhile people finally realize we have had a generational QB since the beginning.

Granted, the Kliff run offense could put huge numbers on the Cards defense in week 4. The Commanders offense has been balanced and moving the ball well, but struggling to get in the endzone(not shocking as we know).

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cardinals have had a Franchise Quarterback since they drafted Kyler Murray. I do understand that there are some that will never like him since he replaced Josh Rosen they have been bashing the kid every since that time... He had a fantastic game and the Cards offense consistently is in the top 10 NFL offenses when he is healthy.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There is zero hindsight. Speak for yourself. I was never a fan of playboy and his recent stint at USC and now the Commanders is proving exactly what we saw. He is a total lightweight.

As for K1 we saw last season and now this season that he is for sure a top QB in the NFL. Can’t wait for the MVP talk to start.
Last year he showed enough to get another shot this year. He wasn't anywhere near a top QB. He has certainly not been a top QB in the league. Since he's entered the league, do you think he's been one of the top 5 QBs in the league? Seriously?

I love what he did this week, and I am behind him to replicate it. Let's hope he does.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Last year he showed enough to get another shot this year. He wasn't anywhere near a top QB. He has certainly not been a top QB in the league. Since he's entered the league, do you think he's been one of the top 5 QBs in the league? Seriously?

I love what he did this week, and I am behind him to replicate it. Let's hope he does.
I'd say Murray has shown that he can be a top 5 to top 10 QB during multiple stretches of his career, but he has never put it all together.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd say Murray has shown that he can be a top 5 to top 10 QB during multiple stretches of his career, but he has never put it all together.
Well put. He's shown he can be that guy, but never with any consistency, and just not top 5. Hey, I'd take the 6th-best QB in the league if he could be that guy consistently.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first time in Kyler's NFL career that he has Adults running the show. Kliff was in way over his head as a HC. Even after several years as a HC in the NFL, Kliff still couldn't consistently get the plays in on time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well put. He's shown he can be that guy, but never with any consistency, and just not top 5. Hey, I'd take the 6th-best QB in the league if he could be that guy consistently.
Kyler already protects the ball well... if he even just settles in to Alex Smith with a deep ball we can win a ton of games and go deep into the playoffs

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score

Last year he showed he could carry a team like he has done his entire career.

He was never in danger of getting another shot. What he needed to show is that after his injury he could still be the same electric player which he showed in his first game back.

I realize that the propaganda that the drunk and playboy put out on K1 drove the media frenzie about K1 but both of those scrubs were trying to save their jobs.

It’s funny since JG got here it has been nothing but great things and support. The coaches flying to Oklahoma to support K1. JG saying him and K1 talk all the time and that no one works harder than K1. No sideline BS getting plays in or timeouts. It’s almost like the drunk and playboy were a big part of the problem.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
where i have officially landed on Kyler:

He is never going to be Kurt Warner like in terms of consistently dissecting coverage and throwing the ball with anticipation and timing. I think he will get better at this the longer he is in this offense -- but I dont think it will be his strength

He wont be a guy who stands in the pocket and takes a giant hit to deliver a ball like Carson Palmer. He will give himself up in certain situations to avoid a hit.

He will however make up for that with top tier escapability, running, and the out of structure passing plays we saw.

I am okay with this and have accepted it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
where i have officially landed on Kyler:

He is never going to be Kurt Warner like in terms of consistently dissecting coverage and throwing the ball with anticipation and timing. I think he will get better at this the longer he is in this offense -- but I dont think it will be his strength

He wont be a guy who stands in the pocket and takes a giant hit to deliver a ball like Carson Palmer. He will give himself up in certain situations to avoid a hit.

He will however make up for that with top tier escapability, running, and the out of structure passing plays we saw.

I am okay with this and have accepted it.
He is honestly pretty good at dissecting the defense from the pocket. Probably not Warner good, but very few have ever been as good as Warner in that regard. Bottom line is what makes him so special is that you can't just pin your ears back against him because he will get out of the pocket and kill you with an off schedule play and you can't let him comfortably stand in the pocket and survey the field because he will pick you apart. That is why he is so special.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff really had people thinking Kyler couldn’t play under-center.
Surprising since he's good friends with McVay.
I didn't realize Verse missed sacking Kyler twice! :eek:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He's been an elite rookie (so far) this year. Too bad he didn't slip further in the draft.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Surprising since he's good friends with McVay.

He's been an elite rookie (so far) this year. Too bad he didn't slip further in the draft.
We wouldve had him if Houston didnt struck gold with Stroud. So frustrating…

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

He's been too inconsistent to earn a top 5 consideration. Shown flashes of brilliance worthy of a top 3 spot, but not on a consistent basis.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something you haven't heard at all this season... "Kyler can't play under center".

The play action passing game has really helped to open things up for Kyler. Teams have to respect the Cardinals rushing attack or Conner will eat them alive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Something you haven't heard at all this season... "Kyler can't play under center".

The play action passing game has really helped to open things up for Kyler. Teams have to respect the Cardinals rushing attack or Conner will eat them alive.
Kyler is 9/9 for 155 yards and a TD with another 3 rushes for 45 yards off play action